Caixinha: players embarrassed the club.

BlueSuedeSambas

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

But I told the players: 'You're embarrassing me, you embarrass the club, you embarrass our fans and now it's time for you to react and I'm glad that we are playing on Wednesday.

"If I can pick the same 11, if all of them were available, those guys who didn't do the work that they needed to do yesterday, those are the ones that are going to start the match."

Nine of the players who started against Motherwell were signed by Caixinha and he accepted that but said some aspects were outwith his control.

"I'm the responsible one but as I told you, there are things I am responsible to change. There are other things I cannot change.

Good fucking grief.

It’s a car crash happening in front of our eyes.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You look at the clips of players in training, some great finnishing, they look like they have ability, Our away record to the smaller grounds is pretty decent, smaller grounds less of a crowd, But our home record is crap, big crowd , bottle crashes, any big games this season , big crowd again bottle crashes , these guys have ability but can’t handle the expectation that comes with playing for Rangers. 

33 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

They might be bitching but at least they care and want success - unlike the ones who want to keep Pedro in a job - I honestly wonder if they want a successful Rangers 

should tell you everything that the only one vocal in the media in defence of him is Brendan Rogers - let that sink in and consider why 

Likes shagging guys? 

2 hours ago, Siwel said:

Pedro Caixinha says Rangers were an embarrassment in Motherwell defeat

Sky Sports

Caixinha calls players embarrassing

Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha has told his players they are embarrassing themselves and the club with recent performances.

Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha has told his players they are embarrassing themselves and the club with recent performances 

Pedro Caixinha says his Rangers team "embarrassed" him and the club at Hampden Park on Sunday.

The under-fire Portuguese coach also questioned the mentality of his players and claimed some of them are not tough enough as speculation over his Ibrox future intensifies following the League Cup defeat to Motherwell.

Hearts vs Rangers 

October 28, 2017, 12:00pm

Live on 

However, were it not for injuries to goalkeeper Jak Alnwick and Fabio Cardoso the manager said he would send Sunday's starting XI out against Kilmarnock in the Premiership on Wednesday to make amends.

Caixinha said: "To make history with this club, the chance to get in the final and they play like that? Something is wrong.

Caixinha has called for a reaction against Kilmarnock on Wednesday 

"Now they need to prove it. Now they need to move forward and Wednesday is the next chance for them to prove it.

"I think I cannot count on Jak (Alnwick) who has pain in his arm and you have seen the state of Fabio's (Cardoso) face so I cannot count on them.

"But I told the players you have embarrassed me, the club and the fans. Now it's time to react and I am glad we are playing on Wednesday.

Rangers' Fabio Cardoso and his bloodied nose at Hampden Park on Sunday 

"So if all the players were available this week who did not do the work they really had to do yesterday, then they would be the ones that would start the match against Kilmarnock."

Rangers' tame surrender came in front of chairman Dave King, who made a rare appearance at Hampden for the match.

Now the Portuguese coach - who has yet to register three straight wins as Rangers boss - has demanded a response from his charges.

He said: "Now I expect to be paid the other way around. These players pay for this club, for this badge. These players pay for me. Are they behind me? That's what they need to show."

http://skysports.tv/hcfNBb

What happened to what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Is he wrong though? The players did embarrass themselves. 

They didn't show any grit and let a small time team like Motherwell look like world beaters. The players had the skills and capabilities to score goals and put their mark on the game, but they didn't. 

And because of that the players have handed Motherwell their first win against us in the semi final. The team selection was solid, every player did have a reason to play with the lone exception of Alnwick who by all rights should've been dropped for Wes. With the beautiful thing called hindsight we can look back and say "well we shouldn't of started him or him". Pena for example, scored two goals against St Johnstone. Jack as another example, would be needed for a physical midfield battle and he has proven his worth before to the extent that people call him the best summer signing.

The players did embarrass themselves, the club and Pedro. It does look like Pedro has backtracked but to be fair he's quite right. He had faith in the players to go out and do a job for him, the fans and the club. And they didn't deliver.

27 minutes ago, Coop said:

He also embarrassed the club.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Only read part of the statement/interview whatever it is.

He signed how many off them, he picked them so ultimately he's responsible.

It appears to be no bad individuals constrained by whatever system this is.

Look disjointed, frail etc. Etc. Etc.

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Is he wrong though? The players did embarrass themselves. 

They didn't show any grit and let a small time team like Motherwell look like world beaters. The players had the skills and capabilities to score goals and put their mark on the game, but they didn't. 

And because of that the players have handed Motherwell their first win against us in the semi final. The team selection was solid, every player did have a reason to play with the lone exception of Alnwick who by all rights should've been dropped for Wes. With the beautiful thing called hindsight we can look back and say "well we shouldn't of started him or him". Pena for example, scored two goals against St Johnstone. Jack as another example, would be needed for a physical midfield battle and he has proven his worth before to the extent that people call him the best summer signing.

The players did embarrass themselves, the club and Pedro. It does look like Pedro has backtracked but to be fair he's quite right. He had faith in the players to go out and do a job for him, the fans and the club. And they didn't deliver.

Basically typed exactly what I was about to. Aye he looks like an idiot after saying he takes the blame but if hes watched it back and seen how bad we played and changed his mind then there's no problem saying it.

On paper we should hammer Motherwell, the team picked was good enough, they just wanted it more than us, they won every 50/50 and booted Morelos out the game. 

Once the players are on the pitch its up to them, cunts like Windass shite themselves every big game.