Squad named for Lisburn match

Bazza

Red-letter day for Whites as Light Blues come to town

Rangers coach Ian Durrant has named his squad to take on Lisburn Distillery at Ballyskeagh tomorrow (3pm).

Among the guests at New Grosvenor will be a handful of players who have featured for the Gers' first team, including Steven Lennon.

Second string boss Durrant will be assisted by Billy Kirkwood, the club's Under-19 chief.

The Rangers first team, including Northern Ireland goalkeeper Roy Carroll, are heading for Falkirk tomorrow but supporters of the Ibrox giants in this part of the world, will be offered a rare glimpse of the club's next generation of heroes.

Whites chairman Jim McGrory says Ulster's army of Light Blues fans are in for a real treat.

"I think five of the players have first team experience but perhaps Steven Lennon would be the most recognisable name," he said. "It will be a festival occasion with pipe bands adding to the atmosphere and the squad will enjoy a civic reception after the game. A lot of Rangers fans from here will know the players and it is an honour to host them."

Whites boss Paul Kirk said: "We are all looking forward to it, it's a massive game for us, it's a big pull and I hope financially we can do well out of it."

Tickets (adults £12, concessions £6) can be purchased at Ballyskeagh from 10am tomorrow morning.

RANGERS SQUAD: Paul Emslei, Dean Furman, Chris Smith, Jordan McMillan, Steven Lennon, Rory Loy, Andrew Shinnie, John Fleck, Ross Harvey, Callum Reidford, Alan Lowing, Michael Donald, William McLachlan, Steven Kinniburgh, Mark Weir, Alistair Park.

Red-letter day for Whites as Light Blues come to town

Rangers coach Ian Durrant has named his squad to take on Lisburn Distillery at Ballyskeagh tomorrow (3pm).

Among the guests at New Grosvenor will be a handful of players who have featured for the Gers' first team, including Steven Lennon.

Second string boss Durrant will be assisted by Billy Kirkwood, the club's Under-19 chief.

The Rangers first team, including Northern Ireland goalkeeper Roy Carroll, are heading for Falkirk tomorrow but supporters of the Ibrox giants in this part of the world, will be offered a rare glimpse of the club's next generation of heroes.

Whites chairman Jim McGrory says Ulster's army of Light Blues fans are in for a real treat.

"I think five of the players have first team experience but perhaps Steven Lennon would be the most recognisable name," he said. "It will be a festival occasion with pipe bands adding to the atmosphere and the squad will enjoy a civic reception after the game. A lot of Rangers fans from here will know the players and it is an honour to host them."

Whites boss Paul Kirk said: "We are all looking forward to it, it's a massive game for us, it's a big pull and I hope financially we can do well out of it."

Tickets (adults £12, concessions £6) can be purchased at Ballyskeagh from 10am tomorrow morning.

RANGERS SQUAD: Paul Emslei, Dean Furman, Chris Smith, Jordan McMillan, Steven Lennon, Rory Loy, Andrew Shinnie, John Fleck, Ross Harvey, Callum Reidford, Alan Lowing, Michael Donald, William McLachlan, Steven Kinniburgh, Mark Weir, Alistair Park.

i remember rangers were due to play fraserburgh once,lovenkrands and caniggia were rumoured to be playin as they were still at home having been at the world cup.we went up there to find it was basically a rangers under 16 team.was a good day though and they got a good turn out :bouncy: