We aren’t fit enough

Deanzmeanzheinz

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Perhaps not physical fitness but mental fitness if that makes sense - like concentration, hunger, fight. You need to be mentally fit to be motivated. 

I think we are miles off the pace physically too. We really are. Not strong, not quick, we can’t last the whole 90 minutes at a decent tempo, we are miles behind probably half the league in terms of fitness and strength. And I don’t mean size. 

Just now, Cobham said:

He’s not succeeding, but he isn’t doing himself any favours. I want him to succeed, I love his passion and genuinely believe he cares but being less fit than the rest of the league gives us a mountain (that we don’t need) to climb!

Dead on mate.

We must, at least, be able to compete physically - after which any difference in ability should get the chance to shine through.

Just not happening.

I don’t expect it to change any time soon.

You can pick any three of their midfielders and they are all more physically fit and strong than ours. Armstrong, Brown, McGregor and Rogic all stroll it against our midfield. Only Peña looks on a par with them strength wise but his desire and lack of commitment and lack of willingness to compete negate any physical attributes he has. Tierney is both stronger and quicker than Candeias and Tav. Lustig is quicker and equally as strong as Windass and Wallace, possibly not John but we’ll soon knock that out of him. Forrest who used to resemble a lost child has filled out and is strong and quick. Dembele who isn’t actually that big but is obviously fit totally bullies any of our players he plays against. Alves looks like he’s carrying weight and I don’t think Clint Hill looked like he was last season. It’s endemic of our squad, Motherwell totally bullied us last weekend as well. Now I don’t want a team of ball launching bruisers but we need to be able to hold our own in a battle and we are miles from being able to do that and will be for as long as Pedro concentrates on transitions and the like and ignores the importance of fitness, endurance and strength. 

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

In recent weeks MacLeish said it, Rodgers said it and Robinson also said it. They are fitter than us. And tonight with 15mins to go we are wilting. It’s happening in front of our eyes. 

We are also shite to boot - Pedro, get your lawnmower out ya useless  cunt  

Jock Wallace would be turning in his grave. 

When MOH said he had to train more to keep himself fit a lot didn't believe him but it seems he was spot on. 

Just now, Smile said:

When MOH said he had to train more to keep himself fit a lot didn't believe him but it seems he was spot on. 

There is a serious lack of stamina throughout the squad. Very few can go the full 90mins and all of the other teams know it

fuckin shambles. A Rangers squad low on fitness????? 

5 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

There is a serious lack of stamina throughout the squad. Very few can go the full 90mins and all of the other teams know it

fuckin shambles. A Rangers squad low on fitness????? 

Should be the easiest part for any coach especially with the facilities at Auchenhowie.

A lack of fitness is a disgrace.

If MOH recognised he wasn't fit enough and did something about it in his own time I don't see why our other players have not done the same.

Obviously fitness should be done by coaches and at training with the squad but players must take some responsibility for themselves.

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

But he might go to a gym in Perth? Just because he’s not going to your gym doesn’t mean he’s still not spending afternoons doing spandex jumps in another gym. 

Pendantic as fuck me btw

I ain't seen him but then again I don't go to the gym

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Perhaps not physical fitness but mental fitness if that makes sense - like concentration, hunger, fight. You need to be mentally fit to be motivated. 

Yeah , I agree with this . 

We have a soft underbelly.  Every time we lose a goal you can literally see us fall to pieces before our very eyes . If we go behind in a game , youre as well switching the lights off . 

8 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

In recent weeks MacLeish said it, Rodgers said it and Robinson also said it. They are fitter than us. And tonight with 15mins to go we are wilting. It’s happening in front of our eyes. 

We are also shite to boot - Pedro, get your lawnmower out ya useless  cunt  

Jock Wallace would be turning in his grave. 

We haven't been fit for years, fuck knows what they do at Auchenhowie?? There never seems much activity around the place? All indoors Playing FIFA probably.

8 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yeh, it was me that saw MOH doing shuttle runs on a treadmill every day late in the afternoon at my local gym. 

He doesnt go anymore. Gets his fitness at Perth 

Is that honestly true? Fucking hell :megaanguish:

22 hours ago, Cobham said:

Pedro has said it on a number of occasions that he prefers to concentrate on the tactical side of the game than the physical. You just need to look at our players to realise they aren’t fit enough. Compare them to celtic players and they are all fitter and stronger than ours. Being fitter won’t guarantee us any trophies or titles but it would definitely improve us greatly. 

Might not have the skills of the opposition but fitness and tactical awareness can make up for flaws in other areas. We should be striving to be fitter than the rest and then work on making up the skills deficit.