Murty's Presser

Lloyd

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As with any man tasked with leading our club he has my full backing.

thought he handled the situation last time very well, in fact better than I expected due to the shit squad we had.

this time around I believe we have a stronger squad, albeit severely weakened due to injuries and suspensions but I have no doubt he will get his message across.

i remember when Walter stepped up when Souness left and there was the same arguments put forward that we should be looking at a big name to take the helm. How wrong were we then and maybe,just maybe our answer lies closer to home than we think.

everything will rest upon the next 4-5 games and how Graeme sets us up.

wouldnt be disappointed if he is given the job full time if he delivers.

M'on the Murty!

He is getting really good at handling the media. An honest and modest guy who puts our Club's interests first.

He has a mountain to climb to get a win due to injuries, suspensions and the recent turmoil. I hope people take this into consideration tommorrow and cut him some slack.

17 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Honestly baffled at those that seem to think Murty should get the job full time. 

He seems a good man, and by all accounts a very decent coach, but outside of the celtic match we were absolutely brutal under him. 

He got 6 games, and the 6th was probably our best result of the season. I don’t want him permanently but you can argue that he did incredibly well to get it right that quickly.

34 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Honestly baffled at those that seem to think Murty should get the job full time. 

He seems a good man, and by all accounts a very decent coach, but outside of the celtic match we were absolutely brutal under him. 

Another one who forgets we beat Hamilton 6-0 in the cup under his watch.

Give Murty time and we will be no worse off than under Pedro C, Warburton and, Ally McCoist.  This season is a complete disaster- we have no realistic chance of winning anything, and are very unlikely to get dropped with the squad we have. I believe we should give Murty and the Team our every support through thick and thin, and give the Club time to find a real long term Management solution. I will be interested to see how Murty does- he’s the one man on our radar that I think could produce the right sort of surprises. 

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It means I can understand what he’s talking about, did I mention the team ? fuck all to do with team management.

Ushhhhh.

If you did not understand Pedro then maybe clean your ears or become dickhead Scottish journalist

18 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Another one who forgets we beat Hamilton 6-0 in the cup under his watch.

Are you forgetting us losing to Dundee and ICT back-to-back? Listen I’m not slating the guy, I’m just saying that his last spell in charge hardly screamed “long-term option”

23 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Are you forgetting us losing to Dundee and ICT back-to-back? Listen I’m not slating the guy, I’m just saying that his last spell in charge hardly screamed “long-term option”

No, i'm not forgetting that at all, but that performance and great result was outwith the celtic game so not every game we were brutal was my point.

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Honestly baffled at those that seem to think Murty should get the job full time

Some people just see results against celtic! Murty is not and never will be the answer! Oh and as for that celtic match, he didn't get a result as so many claim. He got a fucking draw. Have some peoples standards slipped so far they consider a draw against celtic a result? FFS

1 minute ago, blueretro said:

Some people just see results against celtic! Murty is not and never will be the answer! Oh and as for that celtic match, he didn't get a result as so many claim. He got a fucking draw. Have some peoples standards slipped so far they consider a draw against celtic a result? FFS

Murty might not be the answer, but that 1-1 was probably our best result last season and even before our troubles a point at that midden was a decent result.

Just now, Creampuff said:

Aye that 6-0 win was just a pure dire affair for me aswell. Honestly some people just say stuff for the sake of it.

unless your comparing the football to real madrid, if so then you have a point.

Absolute best of luck to Murty tomorrow, thrown in at the deep end again, must be hard to motivate that bunch of players. Just hope they give him and us a performance. The guys seems genuinely honoured at the role he’s been handed.