**Official Football Manager 18 thread**

Perth_Campsie_Ger

Went into the 2nd last day of the season in 6th a point above Villa and Hull, I got fucked 5-1 but they both lost so going into the last day knowing a win at home V Boro will secure a play off spot

Still 5 teams can do it so no way will a draw be enough

Was predicted to come 16th and my reward for coming 7th and winning both derbies with ease is a transfer budget of £91k

Was tempted to patch it cos that's an insult but really enjoying it so going to stick with it, lost about 7 players who have went back to loan clubs so squad is beyond thin, going to need to rely on loans, frees and the academy, can't even sell anyone to raise funds, £3m is my most expensive player and I only get 35% of sales :lol: 

Managed to get the board to up the % of money I receive from transfers to 75% so after a bit of wheeling and dealing I brought in Marco Matias, Mark Beevers and Donald Love permanently. All 3 are back up but decent at this level and was for under £1m. Managed to get Carter Vickers and Baldock for another year on loan and both were excellent last season so happy about that and also got loans for Ngoy, Mousset and Marcus Edwards from Spurs who looks a real player. Lost Hyndman who was my player of the year so that's a massive blow, they wouldn't let me have him for another season.

Stoke just bid £3m for my keeper, tried them at £7.5 and they went for it, will be sad to see him go as he's excellent but he's 31 and that's absolutely enormous money in terms of what I've been working with

10 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Managed to get the board to up the % of money I receive from transfers to 75% so after a bit of wheeling and dealing I brought in Marco Matias, Mark Beevers and Donald Love permanently. All 3 are back up but decent at this level and was for under £1m. Managed to get Carter Vickers and Baldock for another year on loan and both were excellent last season so happy about that and also got loans for Ngoy, Mousset and Marcus Edwards from Spurs who looks a real player. Lost Hyndman who was my player of the year so that's a massive blow, they wouldn't let me have him for another season.

Stoke just bid £3m for my keeper, tried them at £7.5 and they went for it, will be sad to see him go as he's excellent but he's 31 and that's absolutely enormous money in terms of what I've been working with

That's some damn good business, Goose. 

If you're able to, and have the funds, I'd highly recommend bringing in Predrag Rajkovic as your first team keeper. I think he's usually still available on the cheap second season in. 22 at the start and easily first team quality already. If you don't keep him for years you'd definitely make a ton off him. 

2 hours ago, MrMeeseeks said:

That's some damn good business, Goose. 

If you're able to, and have the funds, I'd highly recommend bringing in Predrag Rajkovic as your first team keeper. I think he's usually still available on the cheap second season in. 22 at the start and easily first team quality already. If you don't keep him for years you'd definitely make a ton off him. 

Cheers, got a deal agreed for a keeper from Bari called Micai(I think)who looks good but will check him out when I get home. A keeper and George Saville and I think that will be my business done. 

On 20/03/2018 at 12:19, Goosetav said:

Cheers, got a deal agreed for a keeper from Bari called Micai(I think)who looks good but will check him out when I get home. A keeper and George Saville and I think that will be my business done. 

Keep hold of Nydam, Dozzell and Downes ?

5 minutes ago, DonMuffin said:

Keep hold of Nydam, Dozzell and Downes ?

Dozzell and Downes are my first choice CM pairing this season, Nydam is highly rated by the coaching staff but isn't ready yet, thinking about loaning him out.

Not made a great start tbh, drew 3 and lost 1 in the league so far, into the 3rd round of the League Cup though and going to give the cups a real go this year, chucked them last season cos I was fighting for promotion but that isn't going to happen this year, squad is too young and there was too much of a turnover of players it's going to take a while to get the right system and for them to gel

On 21/03/2018 at 17:46, Goosetav said:

Dozzell and Downes are my first choice CM pairing this season, Nydam is highly rated by the coaching staff but isn't ready yet, thinking about loaning him out.

Not made a great start tbh, drew 3 and lost 1 in the league so far, into the 3rd round of the League Cup though and going to give the cups a real go this year, chucked them last season cos I was fighting for promotion but that isn't going to happen this year, squad is too young and there was too much of a turnover of players it's going to take a while to get the right system and for them to gel

I reached the playoffs first season and then promoted the next on my Ipswich save (won in the last minute on the last day to beat Norwich into second place, with a Joey Garner winner no less)

If you’ve still got Bersant Celina, keep loaning him every season until his Man City contract expires and he should join on a free. I managed to sell him 6 months later for £9m. 

1 hour ago, DonMuffin said:

I reached the playoffs first season and then promoted the next on my Ipswich save (won in the last minute on the last day to beat Norwich into second place, with a Joey Garner winner no less)

If you’ve still got Bersant Celina, keep loaning him every season until his Man City contract expires and he should join on a free. I managed to sell him 6 months later for £9m. 

Not gonna manage that I don't think :lol: in 15th after 16 games. 1 defeat in 10 but far too many draws, 8 altogether this season with 4 wins and losses. Played really well in a lot of those games but have had some shocking finishing

I let Celina go back to City he was pretty poor for me

37 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Not gonna manage that I don't think :lol: in 15th after 16 games. 1 defeat in 10 but far too many draws, 8 altogether this season with 4 wins and losses. Played really well in a lot of those games but have had some shocking finishing

I let Celina go back to City he was pretty poor for me

That's definitely not on you, the finishing overall is fucking terrible. I've had a fair few one on ones ending with a shot straight to the corner flag, it's ridiculous. 30+ shots with maybe around a third on target. Could easily play a CB upfront and achieve the same results. 

Just now, MrMeeseeks said:

That's definitely not on you, the finishing overall is fucking terrible. I've had a fair few one on ones ending with a shot straight to the corner flag, it's ridiculous. 30+ shots with maybe around a third on target. Could easily play a CB upfront and achieve the same results. 

Brutal eh :lol: 

Mousset is horrendous for it, he's always in good positions but never hits the target

Couldn't turn it round, was in 18th heading in January when the board called a meeting, said I had to get 9 points from the next 5 games and looking at my run I wasn't getting that so resigned before I was sacked, will keep going for a wee while and see if anything comes up instead of starting a new save

Cant get into Napoli at all, either going to start a new game with us and stick with it for longer or go a diddy team like Arsenal and try and make them a force

Edit- Having a wee read at a thread on Arsenal on another forum and someone who was using them has this as his transfer business :lol: 

Trent Alexander-Arnold 77mil - Liverpool*
Tom Davies 70mil - Everton*
Reece Oxford 55mil - West Ham*
Ben Woodburn 120mil - Liverpool
Eric Dier 80mil - Tottenham
Alban Lafont 30mil - Toulouse
Kieran Tierney 28mil - celtic
Mamadou Coulibaly 20mil - Udinese (failed work permit so loaned to Sturm graz)
Willem Geubbels 9mil - Lyon
Some more youth players.

What tactics are you guys using?

Trying to do something with a 4-2-3-1 but keep either getting picked off on the break or dominated by teams with stronger midfield players.

Got a few cracking IF's so would quite like to stick with them.

Tried using a DM instead of an AP but then i struggle to break teams down!

8 hours ago, tm91 said:

Still playing this now, won three consecutive trebles on the bounce while still having a yearly salary £20m lower then that lot.  Got lucky with some signings when they were transfer-listed with liberal use of 50% sell-on clauses. Now signing every talented youngster I can find to crack Europe. I like this game.

20180330125922_1.jpg

20180330130001_1.jpg

20180330130022_1.jpg

20180330130028_1.jpg

20180330130151_1.jpg

Lewis Morgan and Patrick Roberts? Hmmmm

Decided to go a diddy team and do something with them so chose Arsenal

Sold Elneny, Xhaka and Mustafi and replaced them with Chiellini, Dendoncker, Romeu and Doucore, everyone knows what Arsenal are good at and where they struggle so hopefully the physicality of those 4 will be a help to me. Planning on using Dendoncker as a CB which could go either way though

Managed to make a bit of cash selling 2 players.

Alex Munoz - Bought for £475k and was a back up CB, sold for £13.5M

Percy Tau - Bought for £800k and was my first choice right inside forward, sold for £11.5m

Need to try and reinvest better, still 8 points off celtic.