*** The Official Rangers v Partick Thistle Match Thread ***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Well done Rangers. Missed the goals so I look forward to someone posting them on RM.

How did we play lads?

Shite. Some people on here wished we played 100% pure magic football, 20 yard shots and consistent passes... but lost the game.

Unfortunately we played some decent passes and got some good goals "then" took our foot off the gas.

It is so fucking bad when we win 3-0... boils my blood.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Why have krankjar and Hardy on? No herrera, Pena, keeps on Miller who has done nothing...

dunno. I don't like this at all.

I agree with you about Krancjaer. Barjonas should be on instead picking up experience as we're cruising it 3-0 up. Hardie I'm happy about being on for the same reasons I think Barjonas should be on. Herrera maybe but I would rather we were giving a youngster some match experience which we are doing and Pena is just plain pish. Probably the worst football player I've ever seen in a Rangers jersey. No that's not tongue in cheek and I don't care that he's scored 5 goals. He's pish. Kenny  - without being amazing- in the first half has had a really good team performance. His and Holt's energy drove us on early in the game.

I appreciate you don't like this but you can't argue with the result or performance in the first half. Yes we've been poor in the second half but that in part is due to being up 3-0. How many times over the years have you been at Ibrox cruising something like 4-0 at half time, expecting more of the same second half, only for the team to treat the game like a training session and for us to not add any more goals in the second? Seen it time and time again with . 3-0 and gained ground on Aberdeen (not that I've given up on winning this league just yet, new manager in, we win the next OF game and things will look a lot more positive). I'm happy.

Played well for 3/4 of the game then took the foot off the gas.Our play changed when Nico came on(ring rusty) but the game was over by then.

Some will say 'sure it's only Partick' but we've struggled against them lately.

Looking like a team under Murty,change days eh?:whistle:

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

I don’t understand. We won 3-0 without breaking a sweat with a temporary manager in charge and “fucking alarm bells are ringing”? :confused:

I havent mentioned that point in my previous posts that actually support our win today...

We never looked like we actually broke a sweat.

Murty going for three in a row!

Some good individual performances (Candeilas and McCrorie) but gave a poor Partick team too many chances. Windass and Miller fairly quiet and ineffective and I'm still far from convinced about the merits of Morelos. Overall, happy with the performance and result. Aberdeen just made it so much better.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Normally I'd be upbeat but fuckin alarm bells are ringing here - 3-0 or not 3-0.

Grateful of course for the win and the 3 points, and 2 wins in a row which is great.

IMO the team seemed to run out of creative ideas and overall drive for a large part of the 2nd half and for the period of the first half until we scored the first goal.  For the latter part of the 2nd half I suppose there is a case for saying the job was done and no need to bust a gut to score more, and we defended well enough to keep a clean sheet.  

But.......Alves not selected to play.  And no Pena or Herrera even on the bench.   So what, I wonder, are they not doing enough of to warrant being dropped to the bench and removed from the bench.     Inevitably it will fuel theories about whether these players along with Dalcio have turned their minds to things other than Rangers' cause this season.     Will be interested to see who is selected for the squad for the next game.   If they remain missing and are not injured or somehow unfit but are on record from Murty has having trained well then its bound to heighten concern about whats happening to them. 

8 minutes ago, JograBear said:

Most of the team today was good apart from Miller and Windass. 

Expected result against a poor team. Well done.

A poor team that we couldn't beat in 90 minutes twice earlier in the season under Pedro.

17 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Entertaining enough for me as well, without trying to be entertaining. Remember when watching Rangers was enjoyable because we were always in control and winning, and not because we completed 90 passes before going back to the keeper? A bit like that.

Yip.

Mate I remember many years ago at being at Ibrox against Kilmarnock with a team of internationals and we were 1-1 up until the 85th minute. We bossed the full game (without being amazing) but cunts were moaning at half time and all through the second half. On the 85th minute Porrini scored then Negri scored two to complete a hat trick. We won 4-1.

My point is that it's mainly the result that matters. I seen enough pretty football under Warburton without winning to last a life time. Only the 3 points matters and today we picked those up thanks to a thoroughly professional first half performance. Surely we can cut the team some slack for slowing down in the second? Especially after recent results pre-Murty.

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

:ohmy:..Not often I disagree with you..But I don't think he is the answer..I can't fault his or the players efforts since he took over and IF he gets it I will back him...

I'm not saying he is the man for the job T I'm just saying if he does well in this spell he shouldn't be overlooked as he is Rangers through and through. Warburton and Pedro clearly didn't realise the expectations of the fans and we need some one who does 

9 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Grateful of course for the win and the 3 points, and 2 wins in a row which is great.

IMO the team seemed to run out of creative ideas and overall drive for a large part of the 2nd half and for the period of the first half until we scored the first goal.  For the latter part of the 2nd half I suppose there is a case for saying the job was done and no need to bust a gut to score more, and we defended well enough to keep a clean sheet.  

But.......Alves not selected to play.  And no Pena or Herrera even on the bench.   So what, I wonder, are they not doing enough of to warrant being dropped to the bench and removed from the bench.     Inevitably it will fuel theories about whether these players along with Dalcio have turned their minds to things other than Rangers' cause this season.     Will be interested to see who is selected for the squad for the next game.   If they remain missing and are not injured or somehow unfit but are on record from Murty has having trained well then its bound to heighten concern about whats happening to them. 

Herrera was on the bench, behind by far our best striker and a guy who scored twice last week.

Pena is unfit and shite.

Alves is recovering from an injury I think? And neither Wilson nor McCrorie deserved to be dropped.

Dalcio. :lol:

And Candeias started, and if there is a Pedro clique then he’s very much part of it.

I think you’re reading too much into things. If someone didn’t play it’s because someone else deserved to play more, that’s it.

I can understand bringing Krancjaer on, he's returning to fitness and needs game time, we cant just let a player of his ability rot on the bench, we need options, we're 3 up and its turned into a bounce game makes sense to give him a run out, look at our bench last week was shocking how little depth we have, hopefully the absence of the 3 amigos isn't significant.Holt, McCrorie and Candeias were superb today.

Positive the sheep dropped points, we should absolutely be Targeting 6 points from hamilton and dundee, a double win against the sheep will see us leap frog them and put to bed any Mcinnes for Rangers manager nonsense. which would be pleasing...

Archived