Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Young Bob said:

6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Nothing new. Can see where folk are coming from for wanting it reported for parity but how many of us have never made a joke or sang a song about another individual cause I have.

ecxactly. But one set of supporters cant fart without it making the papers. The wee Jay stuff from here is a good example.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Brutal but tbh im not offended at all. I find it very difficult to be offended by things like this.

I agree mate and it's more that we're not offended, rather we are more disappointed that individuals do not have the emotional intelligence to keep away from this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

neither am i mate but given bears on here made the paper for the Wee Jay stuff id like to see parity across the board with shite like this.

 

Ignore all completely or report all fairly.

 

It's a tough one. Personally nothing really offends me these days. You get to a point where you've pretty much read, heard And seen it all. However some people seem to go out of their way to be offended. I have no issues with sick jokes, dark humour etc. A jokes a joke regardless of the subject. 

I never post anything on here that is too extreme and that could potentially get me in trouble simply because I'm not an idiot and realise how fucked up the world is. I'm not going to risk shit all for a few laughs even if I think somethings funny. Equally there's jokes I would never share in the workplace or even say to certain family members or friends. You have to know your audience. 

The key for me though is context and consistency. If someone makes a joke about wee Jay, the Lisbon lions, Harvey, Maddie etc we all know it's inappropriate but it's just a joke and it's generally shared within an isolated community. It's not big and it's not clever but dark humour is funny and you can't pick and choose when you're offended. There has to be consistency and that consistency must apply across the board in terms of finding it funny, being offended and how it's reported. Therefore if anyone is stupid enough to post something controversial online that may offend they should all be highlighted in the same manner, rightly or wrongly.

For me there is a difference though between making a sick joke and actually sending a direct message to a person. One is simply a joke IMO (even if in bad taste) and one is directing personal abuse (which for me is different and does cross the line). It's such a grey matter though.

That said fuck them cunts regardless!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It's a tough one. Personally nothing really offends me these days. You get to a point where you've pretty much read, heard And seen it all. However some people seem to go out of their way to be offended. I have no issues with sick jokes, dark humour etc. A jokes a joke regardless of the subject. 

I never post anything on here that is too extreme and that could potentially get me in trouble simply because I'm not an idiot and realise how fucked up the world is. I'm not going to risk shit all for a few laughs even if I think somethings funny. Equally there's jokes I would never share in the workplace or even say to certain family members or friends. You have to know your audience. 

The key for me though is context and consistency. If someone makes a joke about wee Jay, the Lisbon lions, Harvey, Maddie etc we all know it's inappropriate but it's just a joke and it's generally shared within an isolated community. It's not big and it's not clever but dark humour is funny and you can't pick and choose when you're offended. There has to be consistency and that consistency must apply across the board in terms of finding it funny, being offended and how it's reported. Therefore if anyone is stupid enough to post something controversial online that may offend they should all be highlighted in the same manner, rightly or wrongly.

For me there is a difference though between making a sick joke and actually sending a direct message to a person. One is simply a joke IMO (even if in bad taste) and one is directing personal abuse (which for me is different and does cross the line). It's such a grey matter though.

That said fuck them cunts regardless!

Youll not get an argument from me at all with any of that mate.

However we as a support seem to have shit plastered all over the papers for anything we do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, City_of_Blue said:

I seen the comments on afc chat.

I'm not easily shocked in this cruel world but the comments about Fernando were absolutely horrific.

Well done Club1872 for not letting this slide.

There's a good chance a few demented dons will be getting their doors kicked in by the plod.:aberdeen:

You highlighted it, sign-posted it so, why do you also have to post it?

It's disgusting. Agree with @KingKirk Think about removing please?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The comments should remain in public view imo, as disgusting as they are, I am really not offended by it as I couldn't give a fuck what some shitey scumbag inferior joke of a support want to type on a keyboard, I have a fair bit of experience of their midden city , horrible shower of bastards, jealousy is where it stems from, treat them as they are nothing, there desperate to pure ramp it up to make themselves significant , fuck them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Smile said:

 

Rangers fans have slammed an Aberdeen forum after members made vile comments about ex-Gers star Fernando Ricksen.

Supporters group Club 1872 branded the Dons followers as ‘dregs of society’ for making sick gags about the Ibrox hero’s on-going battle with Motor Neuron Disease.

           

Club 1872, a supporters group for the Ibrox club, hit out, saying: “We were disgusted when we were made aware of these sickening comments about Fernando.

“His illness is something that should transcend football rivalry and supporters of a number of clubs in Scotland have been very kind to him and his family through what has been a very difficult time for them.

                                                 

rick2.png?strip=all&w=920&quality=100

 

Didn't post what the Aberdeen scum consider as jokes as they are Disgusting.

I can't believe that the sun posted the sick so called jokes. Any other time the comments would be described as sick & vile & not suitable for a family newspaper, but they actually printed them. The sun is just as bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

ecxactly. But one set of supporters cant fart without it making the papers. The wee Jay stuff from here is a good example.

That was our own kind fucking sticking fellow fans in it right enough. Handringing grassing Rangers fans are worst cunts. Houston and that fat prick Marshall threatening to get bears jailed, lose their jobs or fucking make their names and addresses public was fucking shocking!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, macranger said:

I can't believe that the sun posted the sick so called jokes. Any other time the comments would be described as sick & vile & not suitable for a family newspaper, but they actually printed them. The sun is just as bad.

I kind of get where you're coming from but I'm glad they posted them up , I don't understand why we are all so shocked and surprised, as a Rangers fan I've felt hated in this country from a young age, I'm now 41, I welcome the hatred, I have no interest in any kind of pals act with any other club, I support one team and that's Rangers, that's all I care about, our club and support is on a different planet to any of these cunts and they fucking well know it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aberdeen have way more hatred for us than anybody else, which is funny

I've always found their hatred funny because although I do find them to be a horrible shower of absolute monkeys, other than when we play them I don't give them a second thought, I'm struggling to even get slightly miffed at this whole thing, as I previously posted, fuck aberdeen and any other bastard who isn't Rangers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, B1872 said:

That was our own kind fucking sticking fellow fans in it right enough. Handringing grassing Rangers fans are worst cunts. Houston and that fat prick Marshall threatening to get bears jailed, lose their jobs or fucking make their names and addresses public was fucking shocking!!!!

Had it out in his boozer about it. Kicked out for it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure they wouldn’t feel the same if it was a family member suffering from the disease but Aberdeen have major issues with people down here.

I can’t claim to be offended as I’m.pretty much unshockable but as rfc52 says it should be equal across the board. If slagging wee jay makes the papers then so should these cunts. I’m sure Fernando won’t give them a second thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, macranger said:

I can't believe that the sun posted the sick so called jokes. Any other time the comments would be described as sick & vile & not suitable for a family newspaper, but they actually printed them. The sun is just as bad.

You can't believe the sun printed them? Seriously? After Hillsborough? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, B1872 said:

That was our own kind fucking sticking fellow fans in it right enough. Handringing grassing Rangers fans are worst cunts. Houston and that fat prick Marshall threatening to get bears jailed, lose their jobs or fucking make their names and addresses public was fucking shocking!!!!

That'll be Houston that the board gave a position too inside Ibrox.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Attention seeking by a small club with fans who cannot accept their inferior status... and unfortunately they channel that frustration by targeting guys like FR.  I'm saddened but not shocked.  Pond life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, macranger said:

I can't believe that the sun posted the sick so called jokes. Any other time the comments would be described as sick & vile & not suitable for a family newspaper, but they actually printed them. The sun is just as bad.

What the sun also did was Blur out the usernames that said/typed it, Never seen that done before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...