when was your first trip to Ibrox?

stevemac

For me, it was Rangers vs Liverpool, August 2008. we got beat 4-0, Torres, Alonso, N'gog and I can't remember the other scorer, maybe Benayoun? I was 14 at the time. Missed 2 of the goals going for a pie and bovril haha.

Feel free to post your first experience and some memories of it.

WATP

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First one I remember was 16/08/1986.

Rangers 2-3 Dundee United. After being 2 up as well. Surprised the old man took me back. I was right behind the goal at the Broomy. Remember vividly Redford celebrating in the net.

McCoist x 2, Gallacher x 2 and Redford scored their winner.

Back in the days that the wee clubs had good, good teams as well. I'm sure this was United's UEFA Cup final year when they beat Barca in the quarters and Monchengladbach in the semis.

Narey, Gallacher, Sturroch, Ferguson, Malpas, Hegarty, McInally etc.

Ffs... looking at their European campaigns for the previous seasons to that final...

UEFA QF

UEFA QF

European Cup Semi

UEFA 3rd rd

UEFA 3rd rd

UEFA Final.

Changed days.

EDIT:

1 minute ago, JC10 said:

Seem to recall it being a Rangers v Rangers open training match or something? Would have been mid-late 90s?

Yeah. Mind seeing gattuso for the first time in one of those and Stensaas. Must have been 97.

Can vaguely remember being at a friendly game against Ajax I think dont remember much as I was only 2 or 3 so must have been about 1996.

1st game I fully remember was a 6-1 thrashing of Dundee at Ibrox, can remember being chuffed to bits seeing Albertz score, might have even helped himself to a hat trick if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, hammer time said:

December 86 Falkirk 4-0

Mine was Aug 86 Falkirk 1-0, McCoist pen. Was sat in broomloan rear and it was scored in that end. Hardly remember much about games over the years but that’s something I’ve never forgot.