*** The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Match Thread ***

ForeverAndEver

8 minutes ago, FSM said:

Cracking game, cracking atmosphere, fucking Baltic. Radio said the third goal was a mile offside, is this true?

Looks offside at first glance so I’m surprised it wasn’t given, but replay showed his feet were in line with the Aberdeen defender’s, it was just his body was leaning offside. So, a great decision from the linesman (but defos a guess from the guy unless he has fucking alien vision)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Bottom half of his body onside, arms and head offside.

id have said offside but walker was talking one load of pish about it being onside, who cares I'll take a wee bit of luck for a change. 

A players arms don't count in the offside rule as you can't score with them.

Looked a very close call to me after watching a few replays. Think the linesman got it right though.

Absolutely delighted with that tonight. I feared the worst but Murty and the team showed up tonight and gave their all!

Credit to Murty who changed it. When I seen he had Mccrorie in midfield I was worried but the Christmas tree formation really worked well.

Their wasn't any bad performances tonight imo. Mccrorie was relentless and Holt n Jack backed him up well. Definetely Windass' best full match for us, still has those greedy bastard moments but I wont complain on tonights performance.

I thought Miller was really good too, played much further up the park tonight and I thought he sacrificed for the team in a poistive manner tonight. Miller and Windass making smart runs which left Pena with space and time to have a couple of attempts at goal and a goal. Bruno was great too and I think you could tell the difference with him at the back.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

His arm.was off. Apparently it's only if it's a body part that can score a goal that makes you off. Copyright Andy walker.

But he said it was on so.that does me 

Tavs napper was offside, but you know what we have had fuck all rub of the green this season, I will take it all day long. 

16 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

A players arms don't count in the offside rule as you can't score with them.

Looked a very close call to me after watching a few replays. Think the linesman got it right though.

His chest and napper was 100% offside. 

Bold selection and tactics from Murty, paid off.

Pena is a real quandry, seems to know where the goal is and has a good goals to game ratio, but can go through games contributing sweet FA. Wonder if the new manager can bring more to his game.

Absolutely outstanding tonight Rangers! There is a decent team in there somewhere on performances like that. Couldn’t believe what I was watching, the hunger and movement was fantastic!

Watched on SKY and had the bonus of the second half without any commentators, just the sound of the crowd in the stadium. I wish they would offer that option every game on the red button. Far better than the fucking ramblings of Ian Cocker an Andy Wanker!!

Archived