*** The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Match Thread ***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

I still think It’s fucking mind blowing that we’re only 7 points adrift of them right now. 

Fucks me right off when I think of the 8 points dropped in the last month. The scum are showing signs of slipping, granted they still haven’t been beaten yet but it’s coming and who knows whether they’ll crumble after the first loss. We need to make sure we stop giving away points so easily.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Fucks me right off when I think of the 8 points dropped in the last month. The scum are showing signs of slipping, granted they still haven’t been beaten yet but it’s coming and who knows whether they’ll crumble after the first loss. We need to make sure we stop giving away points so easily.

I know mate. This is the perfect time to bring in a new manager. There’s everything to play for, those 8 points are gone. Start now from zero and see what happens. Even if things are the same come new year, could you imagine turning them over at the piggery and the gap coming down to 4 points? 

6 minutes ago, AldoKrfc said:

Was Windass offside for his goal? At the game it looked like he was well on.

3rd goal was Tav mate, and no he was inline. That prick walker was dying to say he was offside. Said he was ‘leaning’ offside, whatever the fuck that means. Apart from his left arm, Tav was on side. 

1 minute ago, Craigyboy9 said:

3rd goal was Tav mate, and no he was inline. That prick walker was dying to say he was offside. Said he was ‘leaning’ offside, whatever the fuck that means. Apart from his left arm, Tav was on side. 

I know you shouldn’t laugh at those who are mentally challenged but I pissed myself listening to that. His left arm was offside......but the rest of him wasn’t :rofl:

7 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Really good team performance tonight. 

Another game that highlights that defence/midfield can be pretty good but thst we need speed and more goal threat to go on an u beaten run.

Coukd still see us getting beat this Sunday. 

Think wee morelos could thrive in this formation tbh. He would be able to stay further up top rather than dropping all the time.

11 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Superb result last night, hope it doesn't take away any the pressure that rightly should be on the board today though. 

Pleased for Murty. 

It won't mate. Theyll be grilled I'd imagine and also they will be asked the stupid questions of why are the pies now 50p dearer than in 2003. And other mundane shite

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Think wee morelos could thrive in this formation tbh. He would be able to stay further up top rather than dropping all the time.

Couldn’t disagree with you more mate :lol:

Think the whole point of that formation last night was to confuse Aberdeen by playing no proper striker.

They had no one to mark because Miller and Windass didn’t stay in the centre or on the last man all night. 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Couldn’t disagree with you more mate :lol:

Think the whole point of that formation last night was to confuse Aberdeen by playing no proper striker.

They had no one to mark because Miller and Windass didn’t stay in the centre or on the last man all night. 

Aye I get that mate. And I think it was done last night as we didn't have a proper striker . Miller doesn't really play that role anymore. 

If we play it with wee morelos I think it would help him more. We always had someone in the box last night whereas wee morelos always ends up out the box or on the wing and nowhere near it.

It was a brave decision last night and glad it worked

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye I get that mate. And I think it was done last night as we didn't have a proper striker . Miller doesn't really play that role anymore. 

If we play it with wee morelos I think it would help him more. We always had someone in the box last night whereas wee morelos always ends up out the box or on the wing and nowhere near it.

It was a brave decision last night and glad it worked

If a top European manager put out that system last night and their team played the way we did it you would have Jonathan Wilson and Michael Cox absolutely creaming themselves over it.

It was a genuinely interesting tactical approach. Something rare in Scottish football. 

14 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It won't mate. Theyll be grilled I'd imagine and also they will be asked the stupid questions of why are the pies now 50p dearer than in 2003. And other mundane shite

Nonsense mate.  

Wheres the orange away strip? Why is ibrox no on fifa? 

Terrific performance last night. Lots of drive and energy from the outset. The formation and tactics was spot on, well done Murty. A welcome relief from what had been a miserable few games prior. Great stuff which had Ibrox rocking. More of the same every week please.

20 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Without a doubt. It’s the three type of players around him that I’ve been banging on about for months. 

A mix of winger/no.10 with speed,  skill and carry a goal threat (in short 3 Aluko’s). I’ve we had that we would regularly score around 3 goals a game in this league and that would make us consistent and rack up points. 

For me Windass, Candeais, Pena, Miller, Holt are squad players at best. Get three first team players in that area and that will improve us no end. 

I’ll say from the outset (again) that we played very well last night. And that Murty outfoxed McInnes. However, could you bet your life savings on us taking 3pts on Sunday? 

We still need, in my opinion, 5/6 genuine first team starters, mostly at the top end of the pitch before we can consider ourselves genuine challengers  

let’s not get too carried away about last night  

Archived