Ross McCrorie

Robmc1

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Generally try and not get too excited about youngsters just coming into the team but it's hard not to here. He could be very, very special in a few years.

I don't think there's any doubt about it. This lad looks to be the best Scotland has produced in decades.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 22:25, The Dude said:

There was something last week I'm sure about tying them both down on new deals. Hopefully done sooner rather than later. His brother's another one I can see being a big player for us in the future.

Interesting to hear you comment on his brother as I know you watch a lot of the youth stuff. I know he was touted with big moves when he was 15/16 but that talk seems to have calmed down. Also wondered with Liam Kelly being quite highly rated and us paying for another young goalie from another club this summer I wondered if maybe he was falling away a bit.

Do you think he's got more about him than the other 2?

Thought he was solid again today. Reads the game well and made some timely interceptions. Think the refs have been a bit harsh on him though. He's made a number of good, strong challenges that have been unfairly penalised IMO. Amazed he wasn't sent off at the death from that Gollum cunt.

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I see a distinctive lack of media coverage about our young guy here. It’s actually a blessing for us that they don’t hype our players up like theirs because we could be doing with keeping him for years.

They are raging he plays in royal blue. 

Have to say that I was impressed with him after his first few appearances at cb but these last two games in midfield have only heightened my excitement about him. He's got the lot, pace, strength, height, composure, passing ability, aggression and a wee bit of nastiness which I think is fantastic. He maybe lunges in a little to often and although his tackling for the most part has been terrific its something that could perhaps become an issue. I'm sure with more game time and work on the training pitch he will pick and choose when to go to ground and when the better option is to stay on his feet. 

By all accounts he's a Rangers fan aswell which is obviously another positive, let' hope he's keen to stick around because I think he could be a special player. 

On 01/12/2017 at 01:00, stewaj3 said:

Interesting to hear you comment on his brother as I know you watch a lot of the youth stuff. I know he was touted with big moves when he was 15/16 but that talk seems to have calmed down. Also wondered with Liam Kelly being quite highly rated and us paying for another young goalie from another club this summer I wondered if maybe he was falling away a bit.

Do you think he's got more about him than the other 2?

Aye. I'm a big fan of Robby. He has the odd moment here and there where you wonder wtf he is thinking but he's a really good shot-stopper and came on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months. Regular first-team games at Berwick will do him the world of good too.

Liam is a more-than-capable keeper who is maybe a year or two too old for what we need - unless we plan moving Alnwick on soon.

2 hours ago, A.T.G said:

I see a distinctive lack of media coverage about our young guy here. It’s actually a blessing for us that they don’t hype our players up like theirs because we could be doing with keeping him for years.

The journalists raving about his £50m price tag are conspicuous by their absence eh?

Fuck it, fine by me if we get to keep him for longer. :tu: