New formation

6 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Wow. What a difference that made. They never even looked like scoring tonight and we looked like we could have had 5 or 6. Fair play to Murty. The system really seemed to suit our personnel, with even players like Windass looking effective. 

They could easily have scored twice. I do agree we looked better in that shape though.

4 minutes ago, Hoodster said:

They could easily have scored twice. I do agree we looked better in that shape though.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

They should have at least scored once.

When GMS went through? Cunt can’t even fish himself out the Clyde never mind stick one past big Wes! 

:Fod:

8 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

When GMS went through? Cunt can’t even fish himself out the Clyde never mind stick one past big Wes! 

He had a great night, came on as sub, kicked the ground instead of the ball, shouted at the ref and got booked then got subbed back off. :lol: fuckin roaster.

Nah not for me. Murty nailed it tonight, we won the midfield battle and that won us the game - great change. But we brought Candeias on just in time, Mcinnes to his credit sussed it out and his change nearly got them back in it. We can't go up there and leave no one on their fullbacks. As much as i'd like to leave things unchanged we'll have to go 433 up there, Candeias in for Pena, Windass to the left and leave Jack McCrorie and Holt where they are. 

4 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

He had a great night, came on as sub, kicked the ground instead of the ball, shouted at the ref and got booked then got subbed back off. :lol: fuckin roaster.

when he went to shoot, Tav shouted "marco polo" and GMS got ptsd flashbacks to his River Kelvin incident

17 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I forgot about that one - the one I meant was May putting it past the post when it was easier to score.  The other was the clearance of the line.

3 minutes ago, five stars said:

Good to see us actual win the midfield battle.

Was brilliant to see it - best part of tonight for me and it wins you games.  Winning 2nd balls, tackling hard, playing little triangles at times, getting it out wide as quick as possible - ok, it wasn't all perfect, we passed it to Pena a few times too, but generally a great midfield performance tonight.

1 hour ago, VladimirWeiss said:

Was brilliant to see it - best part of tonight for me and it wins you games.  Winning 2nd balls, tackling hard, playing little triangles at times, getting it out wide as quick as possible - ok, it wasn't all perfect, we passed it to Pena a few times too, but generally a great midfield performance tonight.

Absolutely, we actually looked like a well coached team who wanted to win. Loved the emphasis on passing forwards quickly with one and two touch passes and third man runs.

The system worked perfectly and showed how to easily cut through the 3 at the back formation.

The system worked tonight at home. Not convinced it' s suitable for Sunday.

Thought out of it all Miller (again) was the weakest link. It's ok saying he ran wide and pulled players from the middle to allow space for others, but in honesty that's just bollox. 

He tries hard but contributes little.

Same system on Sunday with Morelos instead of miller could be sexy.

4 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

Did he actually get subbed back off? Never noticed that :lol:

4 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Wow. What a difference that made. They never even looked like scoring tonight and we looked like we could have had 5 or 6. Fair play to Murty. The system really seemed to suit our personnel, with even players like Windass looking effective. 

Formation didn't really change mate. Still 4 - 3 - 3 McCrorie in defensive mid was a good shout, the guy had an excellent game. I liked Windass and Miller switching around. 

Windass has so much potential, but always get the feeling he's in it for Josh, rather than Rangers. The Motherwell game at the start of the season summed his AS/ early Rangers career in up for me. Excellent on the ball, but didn't create (when it was easier than shooting) a scoring opportunity. Only praised because he ran 40 yards with the ball, then missed from a 10 degree angle.

I always feel he should play more as a number 10, or even upfront on his own. He's got the size to hold the ball, pluss a bit of speed. 

Positive tonighht, just gutted I missed the first goal

4 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Nah not for me. Murty nailed it tonight, we won the midfield battle and that won us the game - great change. But we brought Candeias on just in time, Mcinnes to his credit sussed it out and his change nearly got them back in it. We can't go up there and leave no one on their fullbacks. As much as i'd like to leave things unchanged we'll have to go 433 up there, Candeias in for Pena, Windass to the left and leave Jack McCrorie and Holt where they are. 

The way I was watching tonight was pretty much an attacking 4-5-1, with Windass and Miller switching. McCrorie DM, over 2 upfront with one joining midfield (Miller) was what made tonight seem so easy.

Last night was the most tactically impressive Rangers team I have seen since perhaps away to Man Utd in 2010.

That seems like an exaggeration but it’s not I truly believe that. It was well organised, exciting to watch and everyone had a clear role which contributed to the overall game plan.

Not playing without an out and out striker meant Aberdeen’s defenders weren’t marking anyone and allowed a lot of players to get good runs in behind them from midfield.

Only thing I will say is that CM role suits Holt but not quite Jack at the moment. Hopefully he can grow into it.

9 hours ago, five stars said:

Good to see us actual win the midfield battle.

We actually created more down the right wing with Candeias not playing.

If we only had 3 good forwards we'd have a excellent team.

Spot on ,especially about candieas,guys a shitebag and contributes nothing,tavs forward runs were excellent last night ,and most things came down that side

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

Spot on ,especially about candieas,guys a shitebag and contributes nothing,tavs forward runs were excellent last night ,and most things came down that side

He's not a shitebag ffs.

Guy gives his all, tries his best. It's not good enough, but that doesn't make him a shitebag.

If anything, the shitebag is the one who bought him and thought he would be good enough.

11 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

He's not a shitebag ffs.

Guy gives his all, tries his best. It's not good enough, but that doesn't make him a shitebag.

If anything, the shitebag is the one who bought him and thought he would be good enough.

Disagree, shites out of tackles,never gets booked,throws himself at times,can't beat a man,looked a better team last night on the right without him