West Ham (London Stadium)

THE Mayor of London has seized control of the London Stadium after an investigation into its finances revealed it will make a £24million loss this year.

Sadiq Khan claims mismanagement and a ‘catalogue of errors’ have left taxpayers footing the huge bill in the running costs for the former Olympic Stadium.

A year long inquiry into the deals and running of the arena has found the contract West Ham to lease the ground is ‘onerous’ and does not represent value for money to the taxpayer.

12 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Most of their fans seem to hate the move from what you can gather 

Stadiums designed for athletics just do not work for football regardless of how modern or fantastic said stadium is. Everyone knows this to be the case, the London Stadium may well be more than twice the size of the old Boelyn Ground, but it has zero atmosphere in comparison.

8 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Some plight for them man. They were really one of the last teams in the top flight that had a good old school core in their fanbase. Moving to that stadium has killed them. 

These guys will all be there but dotted around here and there instead of all together in the chicken run giving it plenty, The Boleyn ground had plenty atmosphere when packed with the crowd right on top of the touchline, shame but someone thinks that is progress, I disagree.

Highbury was another of similar style, when we went to the Emirates for that pre season tourney I was much less impressed with it than I thought I would be.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So what’s the point in the mayor seizing it ?

Not a lot he can do to stop it losing money, I supposed Londoners will bare the losses

Yuup no point at all, think he seems to be on some sort of crusade (not sure 'crusade' is politically correct), Uber now this.

24 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Brother is a West Ham fan and he's been gutted about that ground from day one. 

Tell him to do what he should have done in the first place, then, and become a Rangers fan. 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nah he's a new age bender that thinks the rivalry between us and the taigs is weird because of the religion/political aspect. 

What a cunt. You should feel ashamed for not drowning him.

28 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

Sadiq wants it as a mosque. Only one winner there unfortunately. would be unpolitically correct not to turn it into one. 

fucksake was just about to post the same thing must be plenty of people thinking the same sadiq is a slimey greasy cunt