Pedro back in management

pcbear

3 hours ago, JograBear said:

Most of his signings have been pretty decent. You cant get them all right. One thing he did get right was showing MW signings the door. Oh, and not putting up with Miller and his shite.

Well obviously it is all about opinions.  Of Pedro signings those I do not rate are Dalcio, Nemane, Herrera, Cardoso.  I like Pena but we don't play to his strengths.  Morelos I very much like.  Dorrans as well.   The jury is still out on Jack for me.  I thought Alves started very well for us but either he has become injury prone or he can't take the pressure.  Candeias is growing on me.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, OhW said:

He replaced them with worse players. I would rather have kept Garner and Waghorn than buy Herrera and Pena. Its debatable whether Bruno is better than Hill. Is Cardoso even better than Kiernan?

Well again it is about different opinions.  I would rather have Garner and Pena than Herrera and Waghorn.   I think Alves looked better than Hill at the start of the season but as I said in another post either he has become injury prone or he has not got the fight for us.    As for Kiernan, Cardoso is better.  (even I'm not as bad as Kiernan).).

2 hours ago, JograBear said:

Wow...just wow.

Alves v Hill

Cardoso v Kiernan

Jack v Halliday

Dorrans v Holt

Candeias v OHalloran

Morelos v Waghorn

Windass v Windass (Windass under Pedro was a much better player than under MW)

John v Wallace

Tav v Tav. (also much better player under Pedro)

oh and bringing in McRorie and telling him he was going to be a star after MW basically dumped him.

yeh, we didn't improve at all under Pedro. What a load of shite.

We didn't, he left us in 4th.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Burke scored a last minute equaliser at Ibrox for Kilmarnock he can celebrate however the fuck he wants.

True but for me it lacks Class, if he can forget playing for us then fuck him, not saying ex players should not try as I like to see them giving there all but fuck celebrating a goal against us, just my opinion, maybe slightly biased but fuck it I love my club.

21 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Well obviously it is all about opinions.  Of Pedro signings those I do not rate are Dalcio, Nemane, Herrera, Cardoso.  I like Pena but we don't play to his strengths.  Morelos I very much like.  Dorrans as well.   The jury is still out on Jack for me.  I thought Alves started very well for us but either he has become injury prone or he can't take the pressure.  Candeias is growing on me.

I think Cardoso is a good footballer, but very raw as a centre back, which as we all know is a position where players can take until their mid to late twenties to properly find their feet...as it were.

The contrast with young Bates is interesting.

Here we have a player who belies his years in that his positional sense, and his overall defensive geography and his ability to do the ugly bits seems to come naturally, whilst he is the limited football player that Cardoso is not.

Alves is the finished article, he is exactly what our side needs, however, it isn't his nerve that isn't holding, it is his body.

Clearly, he has underlying injury problems, and his stop-start season and inability to hit top form is a consequence.

It happens.

Jack has been the victim of biased, unfair and generally shyte refereeing, his season has been ruined by it, and I also include the ridiculous tackle that injured him, which in being more or less ignored by the referee just about sums up the injustice that has defined his, and perhaps the club's season so far.

However, he has shown enough to get pass marks in a Rangers shirt.

I have waited to see Herrera get better, I am becoming convinced that this may be a long wait and I am in my sixties, I am not sure my patience will hold, I suspect a recall to Mexico would do all parties a favour, the player, our club and my patience.

Nemane was perhaps a young boy whose reputation far outstripped his development into manhood, he remains a young boy and shouldn't be in with men for quite some time.  

Morelos is a star in the making and a joy .....a real gold plated, silver lined, bejewelled joy.

No more needs said.

Dorrans is a player who if he can stay injury free, ...... a big ask for a Rangers player who is technically gifted in a league where there are no rules to protect them,...... will do a first-class job for the club, he has the qualities to make a very important impact in a Rangers squad chasing the title, this was a good solid and intelligent acquisition.

Candeias has possibly been the surprise package of all Pedro's signings.

On his day, a player who has a huge influence on proceedings, and when he fancies it, can inspire those around him with his persistence and determined approach, and his crossing can sometimes make the difference in the eventual result.

He can, however, have occasions when he goes missing, but certainly another satisfactory signing.

Pena was a player who I quite liked, I could see what he was about.

But all things considered, I think he has now found his best position for Rangers.

Back playing in Mexico.

Pedro actually did okay with his forays into the transfer market.

I wouldn't give him an A, but he certainly merits a B+.

As a support, we want it all, and we want it all now.

However, given the demanding journey, the club and support have been forced to endure, often it is sensible to understand that for every two steps forward there will nonetheless be one backwards, these are trying circumstances after all.

To put Pedro in perspective, he was indeed two steps forward and sadly also one back, but it is important that we focus on the one step we have taken forward.

The Scottish press can focus on the one back, and it is their default reaction to our club, meanwhile, the two steps forward and the progress made by us may well sneak below their and their fellow travellers' bigoted radar.

I actually like that. 

21 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Well again it is about different opinions.  I would rather have Garner and Pena than Herrera and Waghorn.   I think Alves looked better than Hill at the start of the season but as I said in another post either he has become injury prone or he has not got the fight for us.    As for Kiernan, Cardoso is better.  (even I'm not as bad as Kiernan).).

I honestly think if we’d have kept garner for this season, he’d have been ideal to play up top with Morelos 

cunt would run through walls for you, won neatly everything in the air and with the balls we have sent into the box this season that no cunts got near he would have thrived on.