Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Do people genuinely believe he's passing the ball to McCrorie there?

More likely Cardoso and McCrorie runs across the path of the ball. It's going between May and Rooney until it takes a small deflection off May then hits McCrories heels. If you look at the edge of the frame in the as live footage you can see Cardoso stepping towards the line of the pass. (Also explains the power of the pass and follow through)

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cobham said:

I totally disagree. 

Look at the immediate movement after playing the pass, his foot moves down toward May’s leg, if he was playing through the pass he might still catch May but higher and with no downward movement. Then look at his standing leg, after the pass he immediately take the weight off his standing leg to put it onto the leg making contact with May. There is absolutely no reason for him to do that other than getting more force into the foot making contact with May. By this point the ball is already away. 

Fuck me if you can see all that you must either have some telly or some imagination.  Think I need to write to Samsung and tell them their OQLED TVs are shite.  Will leave it on that note.

12 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

He actually didn't even touch the ball that time so it's nowhere near a similar incident 

They should take this to the appeal to prove the ref is either incompetent or a cheating bheast bastard 

I don't think it's similar just showing that Collum didn't send off edwards for a worse challenge a few months prior.

Chris Jack in the Herald writing the narrative in the lead up to Thursday’s appeal. 

“For some, Jack’s challenge on Stevie May was firm but fair as he knocked the ball away from the striker and then clattered into him in the middle of the park.

For others, it was a reckless and dangerous tackle that left Willie Collum with no option but to flash the red card after just 56 minutes at Pittodrie.”

“After Danny Wilson’s header had sparked the game into life on Sunday, Jack’s no holds barred block on May ignited an encounter that had simmered throughout.”

“The two of them went for the ball but Ryan caught him on the ankle. It didn’t look good.”

Tell a lie often enough…

15 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

His motion is that of passing the ball, you don't tackle like that, who gives a shit if he is passing it to McCrorie or out the park, he is not tackling. As I have said and others in this thread if you try to hurt someone with an open foot like that you are in danger or snapping your shin or dislocating an ankle 

Sorry got to disagree, I’ve went in hard coutless times with a side foot and it’s a tackle more than a pass. There’s been some crunch but me or the opposition has never been hurt. 

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I don’t remember the last time I saw the BD more split on something than this challenge/pass. I’d genuinely like to see the breakdown on a poll. 

Make one then, squire.

Would an overhead kick be deemed illegal and dangerous if u accidentally kicked someone in the head?

In that instance you cannot see the other player so there’s no intent, other than contacting the ball, but it can always be a dangerous thing to do relatively speaking.

37 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Sorry got to disagree, I’ve went in hard coutless times with a side foot and it’s a tackle more than a pass. There’s been some crunch but me or the opposition has never been hurt. 

I have seen two players snap their legs actually tackling like that, just because that's how you did it does not make it the right way to tackle. 

Happy to agree to disagree 

9 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I have seen two players snap their legs actually tackling like that, just because that's how you did it does not make it the right way to tackle. 

Happy to agree to disagree 

It's asking for you knee too end up wrecked , its exactly what done the rat naismith 

11 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It's asking for you knee too end up wrecked , its exactly what done the rat naismith 

And Gazza. Ignront to the risks or whatever, payers do it that way sometimes.

Remember the straight red Scott Brown got last season?

After the game Brendan Rodgers said he deserved to be sent off.  Then celtic appealed it and it was reduced to a caution.  If Scott Brown can get away with that then we would be mental not to appeal every single instance of a red card from now until the end of time.  I hope Jack wins the appeal again.

14 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Remember the straight red Scott Brown got last season?

After the game Brendan Rodgers said he deserved to be sent off.  Then celtic appealed it and it was reduced to a caution.  If Scott Brown can get away with that then we would be mental not to appeal every single instance of a red card from now until the end of time.  I hope Jack wins the appeal again.

Not to mention the other instances of assault on our players in the last 5 years. 

Look at Oduwa for example. Or Ian black being karate kicked. 

Rangers shouldnt appeal on the basis that jack didn't mean it, or tried a pass or whatever, what the panel will likely think is "was he reckless or did he endanger the opponent accidentally or not by using more force than required" and tbh he probably did

What the appeal should be based on is the precedent set by willie collum in the game with both shinnies yellow card and McLeans none booking for studding holt down the back of the ankle, 

This then would put the panel and the sfa in a position, do they reduce the red card and say the ref got that one decision wrong based on his angle of viewpoint and the one second to see it nonsense, or do they uphold the red card and basically admit that the ref was wrong in both shinnie and mcleans incidents, after the uproar about collums penalty decision against motherwell the sfa might want to limit the exposure of said shite referee 

Archived