Please please please...

Weemani

I honestly think the Board were going to stick with Murty and see what happened at the end of the season.

But the two losses prior to the sheep, and the then pressure on them put paid to that, hence them movingĀ  now.

If we did stick with Murty, the next time he lost a couple,, would be the same scenario. Slaughtered.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I would give Murty the chance.

When Souness left we gave an opportunity to Walter Smith, and even though these are different times, at the same time it's very similar.Ā 

I think this is an is deal time for him to get the top job.

When Walter left we gave McCoist the job and look how that worked outĀ 

3 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

I honestly think the Board were going to stick with Murty and see what happened at the end of the season.

But the two losses prior to the sheep, and the then pressure on them put paid to that, hence them movingĀ  now.

If we did stick with Murty, the next time he lost a couple,, would be the same scenario. Slaughtered.

I think you might be right

3 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Yup.

After Hamilton and Dundee folk on here were up in arms wanting a manager asap.

Either way those folk were going to bitch and moan about it regardlessĀ 

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

A week ago we were getting that Murty shouldn't even keep his job with the youths and that he was letting Miller pick the team. Amazing the differentĀ extremes that go about

I think the same as I have throughout,Ā Murty is a talented coach with a role to playĀ that's stepped in twice,Ā done his best and given us some enjoyableĀ moments along the way but he isn't ready for the job of managing Rangers full time yetĀ 

Ā 

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Would be a maybe or maybe not just like all the possibilities basicallyĀ 

Yep, asĀ King said at AGM. Still think McInnes appointment - while I get the reasons why (low risk, proven in SPL, knows club and league) represents a lack of imagination and means we will not get beyond Europa qualifiers until 2021....

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yup.

On this thread alone, it been said McInnes should be treated with contempt, and is shameless ffs.

Which is pretty ironic, considering who said it.

6 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

A week ago we were getting that Murty shouldn't even keep his job with the youths and that he was letting Miller pick the team. Amazing the differentĀ extremes that go about

I think the same as I have throughout,Ā Murty is a talented coach with a role to playĀ that's stepped in twice,Ā done his best and given us some enjoyableĀ moments along the way but he isn't ready for the job of managing Rangers full time yetĀ 

Ā 

Agree, he needs a bit of the Jock Wallace in him, or if that's not possible, then needs to know howĀ  to 'act it' when required.

People are forgetting how he looked near to tears after the 2nd defeat. There were all the comparisons to McDowall etcĀ 

I think even he, deep down, would know it's not yet.

The time Mcinnes has been at Aberdeen he has been consistent against teams at and below their level. Took them from 8th consistently to 2nd consistently.

I doubt he would have lost to Hamilton and Dundee with our squad, and think he would have gotten 2 wins from the Aberdeen games.

He's a consistent manager against teams he should beat, that's what we need right now, not some gamble again.

6 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Emm, he finished second twice with the second biggest budget in the league when we weren't in it. Finished second on our return when we were absolute gash. Consistently pumped out the Europa qualifiers by goat herders and for getting his players motivated, it seems to be against those teams with less a bugdet than the sheep, so I can't see where he ticks any boxes.

He was again pumped today by a youth coach down to ten men at his midden, so I don't get amy of it. Facts are facts.

The resources he has with the sheep are not even close to what the tarriers have . Outside of us , and even with us , he's delivered that 2nd placeĀ . Not 3rd , not 4th but consistently 2ndĀ every year he's been there , and from a team that struggled previously . Had he not done so , then yes , you may have a case for under achieving . Throw in a few cup finals , two last year , and you have to say he has delivered what he ought to .Ā 

Like I say , that doesn't necessarily transfer to success when given a bigger budget , but Ā , it reduces the chance factor of someone that hasn't managed it .Ā 

As for Europe , yep pretty poor he should be doing better but maybe that's emblematic to how far Scottish football has fallen these past few years .Ā 

31 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

MPH.Ā 

Yeah quite liked the sound of him .Ā 

What put me off though is its not just how he'd settle into Scottish football , but I think he'd try to bring in players from around Europe and it just complicates things in them trying a whole different ball game here as well as the environment. With PLG and PC' s teams it just didn't work .Ā 

11 minutes ago, gmcf said:

The resources he has with the sheep are not even close to what the tarriers have . Outside of us , and even with us , he's delivered that 2nd placeĀ . Not 3rd , not 4th but consistently 2ndĀ every year he's been there , and from a team that struggled previously . Had he not done so , then yes , you may have a case for under achieving . Throw in a few cup finals , two last year , and you have to say he has delivered what he ought to .Ā 

Like I say , that doesn't necessarily transfer to success when given a bigger budget , but like I say , it reduces the chance factor of someone that hasn't managed it .Ā 

As for Europe , yep pretty poor he should be doing better but maybe that's emblematic to how far Scottish football has fallen these past few years .Ā 

Your argument even though very valid and reasonable is futile mate.Ā 

The question over McInnes is not whether he is a competent manager. He clearly is. The question is whether he can out-perform his budget, which he has never shown.

Will McInnes deliver second place with the second biggest budget in Scotland? Yes, almost certainly. Will he deliver the titleĀ with the second biggest budget in Scotland? We don't know. He might but he hasn't shown that level of ability up until now.

Unless we have a change in leadership which brings in a lot of additional investment, we might just be settling for second best for a number of years.

Also, despite the last two results, I don't think Murty isĀ ready to manage Rangers. Saying he is better than McInnes is fine for a wind-up of the sheep but it has no substance.

3 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

When Walter left we gave McCoist the job and look how that worked outĀ 

True but for me it's a bit different as murty has shown he has tactical knowledge and has also been able to get the best out of the team, more often than not.Ā 

Mccoist hadn't shown anything in terms of being a stand alone manager, before being given the jobĀ 

5 hours ago, Weemani said:

Do not get mciness in as manager. He is not up to it. Murty has overseen the 3 best performances of the season (regardless of FT today) I'm not saying murty but not DM , please please please

There are going to be a lot of unhappy bears if he comes in

Especially in 2/3 years when the scum have won 10 without a challenge

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sorry, but that's pish. When you cross that line, it's all about the winnng.Ā 

Murty set us upĀ well yet again. McCrorie was good before, but heĀ is a revelation under Murty and that's down to Murty. Miller aside, pass marks all over the park today yet again. McInness had no answer yet again, against a youth team coach, whose team were down to ten men.Ā 

You fail to recognise as to what is staring you in the face. McInness is a dud and coming to us is nothing but aĀ meal ticket and an appeasement to fans.

Paying any compo for this dud is an act of insanity. After these two games, the sheep will be more than happy to off load him and get paid handsomely for the privilage, so IĀ do hope King for once sees sense and dodges this bullet about to come our way.

All credit goes to Murty and the team, but McIness deserves nothing but contempt. He's nothing butĀ a loser.

He's definitely pumped your burd :lol:Ā 

what a fucking rant

27 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

True but for me it's a bit different as murty has shown he has tactical knowledge and has also been able to get the best out of the team, more often than not.Ā 

Mccoist hadn't shown anything in terms of being a stand alone manager, before being given the jobĀ 

Losing to Hamilton & Dundee didn't really show much tactical knowledge though

2 hours ago, TheMotor said:

The question over McInnes is not whether he is a competent manager. He clearly is. The question is whether he can out-perform his budget, which he has never shown.

Will McInnes deliver second place with the second biggest budget in Scotland? Yes, almost certainly. Will he deliver the titleĀ with the second biggest budget in Scotland? We don't know. He might but he hasn't shown that level of ability up until now.

Unless we have a change in leadership which brings in a lot of additional investment, we might just be settling for second best for a number of years.

Also, despite the last two results, I don't think Murty isĀ ready to manage Rangers. Saying he is better than McInnes is fine for a wind-up of the sheep but it has no substance.

Second place should be achievable with a blind man with what we have at our disposable

Anyone watching the sheep today will absolutely know . They are in trouble .They are garbage and have been in free fall for some time .

Second best ? Is that whatĀ Rangers are all about nowadays ??

I don't want him, but if he is signed to guaranteed second place . How absolutely typical of the muppets that are running us

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Yup.

Murty has done all he can . Under the Ā circumstance . He is beyond criticism . No matter how bad some of these players are at times

5 hours ago, JograBear said:

Outclassed by a temp manager from youth coaching. That Aberdeen took 4 years to build??!! No idea why we are going for a loser as manager.

To build?????? BaahaahaaaaaĀ 

He loses his best players every season and keeps them second.

Last season he lost Jack, Hayes, McGinn - he cant build at that God forsaken clubĀ