Please please please...

Weemani

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Big Al II said:

When announced during the week can we please treat him with the respect being Rangers manager affords.

The disappointing thing with MW and PC as poor as they were was the derogatory language used against them both daily on here. We're better than that.

Warburton was/is a snake bastard. 

Pedro had his moments but was nowhere near as bad as the breadman. 

McInnes will get up until the first bad result then we'll see what happens on here. 

6 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

When announced during the week can we please treat him with the respect being Rangers manager affords.

The disappointing thing with MW and PC as poor as they were was the derogatory language used against them both daily on here. We're better than that.

I agree and I'm sure bears will do this . I don't want him . I will be depressed as fuck

If It's announced then . I shake my head and look forward to the Ross Country game

25 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The fans wouldn't have signed a nobody from Qatar. 

So very true, are you listening Board ?  Most of us don't want McInnes either.  And based on your previous decisions you might be well advised to listen.

1 hour ago, Carsons Dog said:

Losing to Hamilton & Dundee didn't really show much tactical knowledge though

Again true, but if you look back to when Walter took over, his first few games weren't exactly breathtaking. I remember us struggling to beat Dundee United, St Mirren and getting pumped 3-0 by Motherwell.

I just think it would be better overall keeping Murty on and holding a bit of continuity, rather than going through another potential settling in period and possibly making a lot of changes in January/summer.

I also believe Murty has his finger on the pulse in terms of who is coming through at development level and is not scared to give them a chance

15 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Again true, but if you look back to when Walter took over, his first few games weren't exactly breathtaking. I remember us struggling to beat Dundee United, St Mirren and getting pumped 3-0 by Motherwell.

I just think it would be better overall keeping Murty on and holding a bit of continuity, rather than going through another potential settling in period and possibly making a lot of changes in January/summer.

I also believe Murty has his finger on the pulse in terms of who is coming through at development level and is not scared to give them a chance

All good points and his interview today was brilliant but I think it's too big a risk at this stage to try and rely on a rookie manager 

Managers who are “proven” can bring talent to the club having previously worked with decent players spot talent and spend a budget properly. They also have a wide network of contacts etc that can benefit the team by way of loanees etc   They can also show success domestically and in Europe. 

All Murty has shown is that he can take someone else’s team and build in stability reasonably well and non of the aforementioned  same goes for Mcinnes. 

7 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sorry, but that's pish. When you cross that line, it's all about the winnng. 

Murty set us up well yet again. McCrorie was good before, but he is a revelation under Murty and that's down to Murty. Miller aside, pass marks all over the park today yet again. McInness had no answer yet again, against a youth team coach, whose team were down to ten men. 

You fail to recognise as to what is staring you in the face. McInness is a dud and coming to us is nothing but a meal ticket and an appeasement to fans.

Paying any compo for this dud is an act of insanity. After these two games, the sheep will be more than happy to off load him and get paid handsomely for the privilage, so I do hope King for once sees sense and dodges this bullet about to come our way.

All credit goes to Murty and the team, but McIness deserves nothing but contempt. He's nothing but a loser.

All credit goes to Murty yes.

But think to some of the things we've seen at that place, the hatred and aggression from their players. I lived there for 2 years, their support and players lived for home games against us.

If you think they were full on motivated, chewing at the bit to get unleashed against us then fine.

My take is that they likely knew their manager was leaving, it blew a hole in their motivation, and worked hugely to our advantage.

I actually think that was 2 of the easiest (Not easy though) victories we've had. They hardly pushed us to extreme, never really left the boot in etc, they just seemed flat.

That's not a pro DM rant, nor any criticism of what Murty and his players achieved. Just what I reckon most likely to explain what I believe has happened and the resulting impact.

Perhaps this time if you respond to my post you'll not argue against points I've not made or tell me where I'm wrong for opinions I've not given. ?

4 hours ago, TheMotor said:

The question over McInnes is not whether he is a competent manager. He clearly is. The question is whether he can out-perform his budget, which he has never shown.

Will McInnes deliver second place with the second biggest budget in Scotland? Yes, almost certainly. Will he deliver the title with the second biggest budget in Scotland? We don't know. He might but he hasn't shown that level of ability up until now.

Unless we have a change in leadership which brings in a lot of additional investment, we might just be settling for second best for a number of years.

Also, despite the last two results, I don't think Murty is ready to manage Rangers. Saying he is better than McInnes is fine for a wind-up of the sheep but it has no substance.

I think its maybe a bit unfair to have expected him to really challenge the tims with the budget he was on at aberdeen . Like you say , the million dollar question is can he out perform his budget ( well put btw ? ) , hopefully with the resources he has here should give him a better chance than he did at aberdeen. 

43 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's highly possible that we are going to be back here this time next year if we appoint him. Would he be in the reckoning if he hadn't played for us? I've seen very little in our games against them in the past two seasons to suggest he is that good a manager.

You know better than that mate, fact is there's that possibility with anyone who could be considered a realistic target for us 

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

You know better than that mate, fact is there's that possibility with anyone who could be considered a realistic target for us 

I'm not convinced by McInnes. I'll back him if he comes, but it's hard to gauge how he will do, and in a sense does he have anything about him that we see to indicate he could do a job here. He doesn't look to have handled the past few weeks well, in terms of being linked with speculation, but that is nothing to the type of pressure he would have when he gets in the door. You're right, but I would feel a lot more comfortable if we had someone who either won things or managed at a higher level.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'm not convinced by McInnes. I'll back him if he comes, but it's hard to gauge how he will do, and in a sense does he have anything about him that we see to indicate he could do a job here. He doesn't look to have handled the past few weeks well, in terms of being linked with speculation, but that is nothing to the type of pressure he would have when he gets in the door. You're right, but I would feel a lot more comfortable if we had someone who either won things or managed at a higher level.

The guy isn't perfect but I think we need to be realistic, been pointed out a few times McLeish had done less than McInnes at similar clubs and we were in a far stronger place then, Walter and Souness hadn't managed before etc 

Even at the best of times we haven't had a habit of getting managers in with absolutely glittering CVs 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

The guy isn't perfect but I think we need to be realistic, been pointed out a few times McLeish had done less than McInnes at similar clubs and we were in a far stronger place then, Walter and Souness hadn't managed before etc 

Even at the best of times we haven't had a habit of getting managers in with absolutely glittering CVs 

It's looking like it's McInnes, no matter what I hope this saga ends this week if it is McInnes then hopefully he proves all of us doubters wrong. This is me talking before he is appointed, once he is in then I will do my best to talk him up. I hope he gets the support from the whole club, and makes a go of it.