Please please please...

Weemani

54 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The budget argument gets used in his favour when comparing the beasts and sheep, but how is he going to get closer to them while he's here as there's still a massive gap financially?  

I've yet to see a decent answer. 

It's clear that it's a more realistic gap to deal with when we've still been able to spend millions on players

Guardiola and Mourinho wouldn't ever win the league with Aberdeen 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

It's clear that it's a more realistic gap to deal with when we've still been able to spend millions on players

Guardiola and Mourinho wouldn't ever win the league with Aberdeen 

They can go and spend £4-5m on players that do make the difference though. 

Although Sinclair is the only one admittedly. 

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They can go and spend £4-5m on players that do make the difference though. 

Although Sinclair is the only one admittedly. 

I'm not saying it isn't a challenge but I think it's clear there's more chance of overcoming their budget with our resources than there is with the sheep's 

15 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

And how would McInnes do with either of the Manchester clubs?

No idea but that's hardly relevant to the point I was making. People are insinuating McInnes should have performed absolute miracles because that's what winning leagues or having runs in Europe with Aberdeen would be. The sheep have a bit of a pedigree thanks to the Alex Ferguson years but it's been decades since they were anywhere near that level, even Ferguson himself wouldn't manage anything now because as great as those achievements were the gulf is much more to overcome than it was then 

Being the best of the rest and maybe picking up the odd cup with a bit of luck is all clubs like Aberdeen can achieve, and it's not like they were doing that consistently before McInnes they'd finished bottom 6 four seasons in a row and were losing to lower leagues sides in the cup quite regularly

If you don't want him because of his tactical style or something then fine but I don't get this picking holes in his record at the sheep thing, there's really nothing else he could have done with them 

Just now, simplythebest said:

No idea but that's hardly relevant to the point I was making. People are insinuating McInnes should have performed absolute miracles because that's what winning leagues or having runs in Europe with Aberdeen would be. The sheep have a bit of a pedigree thanks to the Alex Ferguson years but it's been decades since they were anywhere near that level, even Ferguson himself wouldn't manage anything now because as great as those achievements were the gulf is much more to overcome than it was then 

Being the best of the rest and maybe picking up the odd cup with a bit of luck is all clubs like Aberdeen can achieve, and it's not like they were doing that consistently before McInnes they'd finished bottom 6 four season in a row and were losing to lower leagues sides in the cup quite regularly

If you don't want him because of his tactical style or something then fine but I don't get this picking holes in his record at the sheep thing, there's really nothing else he could have done with them 

I'd rather we chose anyone very carefully, that is all I am saying. If McInnes gets the job then I will back him all the way, but before he or anyone is appointed we need to be sure of a few things. As you said yourself last night, this is a very important appointment.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'd rather we chose anyone very carefully, that is all I am saying. If McInnes gets the job then I will back him all the way, but before he or anyone is appointed we need to be sure of a few things. As you said yourself last night, this is a very important appointment.

Sure, and if you're picking an absolute dream appointment I doubt anyone's would be McInnes but there has to some realism about who we can attract and I think his track record is clearly worthwhile of being given a go 

2 hours ago, Smile said:

I sure I read somewhere when he's been in defence we have only lost one game.

I asked that exact question as soon as I read the bashing yesterday. Never got a reply.  He's just a no nonsense defender,fuck all flashy. Gets and boots the ball to fuck allowing the team to get back in shape. Made much less mistakes than McCrorie. His positioning is the best I've seen at us since Davie Weir. He's got no pace, but he wins every situation he comes up against. The scum is the only game I remember we have lost with him in the team. His ability with the ball at his feet is probably near the bottom of our league at best, if he can improve that, he could be some player. He should have the ball at his feet at every opportunity we're training. 

51 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Too many hard ons for 'Rangers men' is the reason we are where we are today and that doesn't look like changing unfortunately.

If we had our the board we have now when green and co came in, think of the money we could've saved. Share issue, sports direct... We would 100% be better off with what we have now. 

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

Most important since Souness. 

5 hours ago, plumbGER said:

What the fuck are you giving it man?

None of my post bears any resemblance to that opinion you are forming for me.

It's hypothetical bullshit to suggest he wouldn't have finished 2nd or won a cup had we not been demoted, bearing in mind they finished above us and got further in the Scottish cup than us last season when we were back in the SPL.

Is it really , so you think celtic would have finished 3rd at some stage do you or do you think they could have toppled us ? Which is it as that what it would have took if we had not been demoted. 

It fact none of us would have finished 3rd  at any point in the near future if we had not been demoted.  they were fucking pish we pumped  them up their twice last season only to be denied once by the ref, and pumped them at Ibrox once also and wemwere rank bloody rotten 

Aberdeen are rank rotten last season and rank rotten this season so McInnes must be the man then ?

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If we had our the board we have now when green and co came in, think of the money we could've saved. Share issue, sports direct... We would 100% be better off with what we have now. 

Why did they not buy the club then? Only King could not buy shares , the 3 bears could have bought us with King investing once he cleared South Africa up but they were too miserable to pay £5.5m ( the bloody bargain of the centuary) for us .

So they are partly to blame for not stepping up to the plate before Bill Miller then Green 

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

They ended a 26 year old record at ibrox last year by beating us. That game where you said we pumped them at theirs, we didn't. The score line flattered us as we were fucking awful the majority of that game.

I don't think we'll win a league title again until King decides to put proper money in

So that's us stuck on 54 forever then as he ain't given us a bean I hope they sell up to some cunt who is prepared to invest. Could that be Ashley if he sells Newcastle ? As we would be a fool to chase him a second time 

16 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Is it really , so you think celtic would have finished 3rd at some stage do you or do you think they could have toppled us ? Which is it as that what it would have took if we had not been demoted. 

It fact none of us would have finished 3rd  at any point in the near future if we had not been demoted.  they were fucking pish we pumped  them up their twice last season only to be denied once by the ref, and pumped them at Ibrox once also and wemwere rank bloody rotten 

Aberdeen are rank rotten last season and rank rotten this season so McInnes must be the man then ?

What is it with you and trying to put words in my mouth? Making up wee scenarios and shite like that.

It's all hypothetical bullshit you said earlier and you are trying to back it up with even more hypothetical bullshit.

Seriously man, give yourself a shake.

20 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

What is it with you and trying to put words in my mouth? Making up wee scenarios and shite like that.

It's all hypothetical bullshit you said earlier and you are trying to back it up with even more hypothetical bullshit.

Seriously man, give yourself a shake.

Not putting words in your mouth or wee scenarios just telling you the facts.  They would never have finished second if we never went into admin or any that shite. 

So you give yourself the shake amd stop talking shite just because McInnes could be the new Rangers manager.  

20 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Not putting words in your mouth , just telling you facts.  They would never have finished second if we never went into admin or any that shite. 

So you give yourself the shake amd stop talking shite just because McInnes could be the new Rangers manager 

Mate, just fuck up now, you are making an arse of yourself.

You aren't telling me any facts, you are telling me made up scenarios in your head from hypothetical situations.

If you want a fact, then here's two, they finished above us last season and ended their long run without a victory at Ibrox, those are facts.

If we never got demoted how can you say Aberdeen would never have won a cup? Bearing in mind teams like Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Ross County have won it in the last 10 years.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Mate, just fuck up now, you are making an arse of yourself.

You aren't telling me any facts, you are telling me made up scenarios in your head from hypothetical situations.

If you want a fact, then here's two, they finished above us last season and ended their long run without a victory at Ibrox, those are facts.

If we never got demoted how can you say Aberdeen would never have won a cup? Bearing in mind teams like Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Ross County have won it in the last 10 years.

Mate , just stop talking utter pish, Aberdeen would have never divided the old firm and they would not have won a cup because we would have skelped them like we have the last week. 

The facts and history are there, Hearts are the only team that's managed it since the early 90's.   So stop talking utter shite saying they would have done this they would have done that as they would have done fuck all like they always have  if we were never demoted 

Alex Smith was the last decent team they had , this mob they have now did just as good as us in Europe , so no world beaters are they , in fact have they done anything in Europe since we were demoted?  

So just let it go as their record against us since we came back is 2 wins out of 6 and one of them the ref gifted with a free kick in the dying seconds that never was and their record against the filth is worse.

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Mate , just stop talking utter pish, Aberdeen would have never divided the old firm and they would not have won a cup because we would have skelped them like we have the last week. 

Who split the old firm last season? Now look in a mirror and see who is talking pish.

Omg you are going complete dumpling mode on me aren't you? Where did i say they would "do this or that"? Go on, quote me ya absolute clown.

So how did yer Kilmarnocks, Ross Counties and Hibs win the league cup then? We can only skelp them if we actually draw them:lol:

So stop talking utter shite and denying your original post wasn't hypothetical when it clearly was, you are embarrassing yourself.