gsa

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, gsa said:

They're hardly "getting" it. Jack is a very average player and Tav can't defend, regardless of the last two games. 

This forum is incredible. The consensus seems to be that "everything is amazing"  because we won twice against Aberdeen. Look where we are in the league. Lookat our results this season. 

Tav will have more defending to do away at Hibs and celtic and Jack will be playing against tougher opponents in the middle of the park. 

You've started a thread proposing moving Ryan "poor midfielder" Jack from his natural position to replace Tav who is "pretty awful" defensively. Windass is "not good enough". I'd say that's "getting" it.

So despite a system being found which supports Jack in midfield, allows cover for Tav to play to his strength and attack (as I said one goal conceded, a free kick) and has given Windass a more central role where he has shone.

Each could have been argued to have had 2 of their best games of the season in the last 2 games.

So what is incredible is that you' d want to tactically change what has been a hugely impressive success.

Not saying this tactical can't or shouldn't change. Just bizarre to do so or recommend the change you have after the wins and performances.

23 minutes ago, gsa said:

Although yesterday was one of his better games, I personally don't think Jack is good enough to be a centre midfielder for us. Added to that is the fact Tavernier gives us pace and energy going forward but is pretty awful defensively. Would Jack plaything right back and Tavernier further forward be the answer? 

Apparently Jack was competent as a right back for Scotland v Holland.

Providing everyone is fit I'd go for this set up- 

Fod

Jack      Alves   Cardoso or Wilson     John

Tav            Holt         Mccrorie       Candieas

Dorrans

Morales 

That to me, looks a solid enough team. Another centre back and perhaps centre midfielder would be ideal but even without them, that's a team capable of putting together a run of wins. 

Ffs mate, he was running the show from the middle of the park yesterday 

23 minutes ago, gsa said:

Although yesterday was one of his better games, I personally don't think Jack is good enough to be a centre midfielder for us. Added to that is the fact Tavernier gives us pace and energy going forward but is pretty awful defensively. Would Jack plaything right back and Tavernier further forward be the answer? 

Fod

Dorrans

Morales 

That to me, looks a solid enough team. Another centre back and perhaps centre midfielder would be ideal but even without them, that's a team capable of putting together a run of wins. 

Ah yet another, anyone but Miller and Windass thread! :pipe: 

Keep tav and jack where they are. Our midfield three allow us to give tav and john freedom. I dont see jack creating or scoring as many as tav does from right back. 

He is very underated. Alan hutton and whittaker were the same. Average defensively, but great going forward for a few seasons. 

21 minutes ago, gsa said:

Jack is a poor midfielder and Tavernier can't defend. He evidence for both of those things being true fat outweighs anything they did in two games. Two games. 

Stats show otherwise. Tav is one of if not the best full back in the league. Why would you want him playing elsewhere. 

Jack was bossing the game until he was sent off and bossed the midfield on Wednesday night. 

Also, you still pished from yesterday? 

21 minutes ago, gsa said:

Jack is a poor midfielder and Tavernier can't defend. He evidence for both of those things being true fat outweighs anything they did in two games. Two games. 

Jack isn't a poor midfielder as shown recently with a set-up that plays to his strength.

Tav has came on leaps and bounds over the past season and continues to be a very good right WB - very much underrated he is.. 

27 minutes ago, gsa said:

Jack is our best CM, including Dorrans.

Wouldn't change it. I like Jack in midfield for his play and he also has a bit of dig and doesn't let the other team bully him, not a Holt fan either but I think that bit of dig from Jack rubs of on him abd vrings him out his shell. The last 2 games Holt has been putting in fair but hard challenges and doesn't back down when the other team try and square up to him, we have been crying out for players to stand up for themself for seasons now. 

Tav is a weird 1, he gets caught out but at the same time you could argue that being sn attacking player the rest of the defence should be covering for him when he goes forward, but if Tav moved to winger their is no guarantee it will work as he likes to come from deep.

I still don't like Windass but I must admit he has been playing decent recently, would still be looking at replacing him but. 

I would give McCrorie most chances at centre defence mid coz I thought he was outstanding against the sheep, he played those games like a seasoned pro. Bates was the same against the sheep, he looked like a seasoned pro but was this him just having good games or is this hos normal play. I think both Bates and Danny Wilson can benefit playing alongside Alves.

Unfortunately Tav had this stigma of being shite at defending and it's stuck, every cunt still uses the " he's shite at defending" because they saw it on here a million times, the guy has improved ten fold, I watched him against Aberdeen against McKay Steven and the guy he replaced and he had them both in his back pocket, he's been pretty good all season but still folk think he's shite.

Just now, BlueboyG said:

Unfortunately Tav had this stigma of being shite at defending and it's stuck, every cunt still uses the " he's shite at defending" because they saw it on here a million times, the guy has improved ten fold, I watched him against Aberdeen against McKay Steven and the guy he replaced and he had them both in his back pocket, he's been pretty good all season but still folk think he's shite.

I agree, cunts just like talking out their holes for effect sometimes. He was my MOTM both sheep games  

11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I agree, cunts just like talking out their holes for effect sometimes. He was my MOTM both sheep games  

The video of goals we've conceded down the right whilst "Tav" has been trotting back would be hours long. 

I agree that one v one he can be quick and tenacious. His positioning however, is awful. 

15 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Spot on. He's always been an outstanding full back going forward and, as with most full backs, the more experience he gets the more effective a defender he becomes. He is unfairly slated on here. 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

The video of goals we've conceded down the right whilst "Tav" has been trotting back would be hours long. 

I agree that one v one he can be quick and tenacious. His positioning however, is awful. 

That is total bollocks. He is told to take up advanced positions so if moves break down unexpectedly he, like ANY defender will sometimes be on the wrong end of a counter attack. What do you want him to do, grow wings? Like any full back he will get caught out defensively occasionally (if he was rock solid he wouldn't be playing for us at our level) but he is far better than is reported and also "he doesn't trot back". He's one of our most committed players.

I honestly don't think some of our support is very knowledgeable. 

4 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

That is total bollocks. He is told to take up advanced positions so if moves break down unexpectedly he, like ANY defender will sometimes be on the wrong end of a counter attack. What do you want him to do, grow wings? Like any full back he will get caught out defensively occasionally (if he was rock solid he wouldn't be playing for us at our level) but he is far better than is reported and also "he doesn't trot back". He's one of our most committed players.

I honestly don't think some of our support is very knowledgeable. 

Left midfielders in one of the worst professional leagues in Europe have a field day against him. 

1 hour ago, gsa said:

Fod

Dorrans

Morales 

:lol: