Club Statement

RFCRobertson

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

That is pretty frightening. It just seems so ludicrous. It's like an episode of Dream Team! I honestly don't understand the thought process of that. They were either going to scare off a potential manager by withdrawing previously agreed terms or they were going to appoint a manager, undermine him and have an unhappy manager from day 1? 

In fairness to the responses KKM faced, i'm sure you'll concede that this is an absolutely mental of events that defies belief so it is understandable why one would doubt this info, especially when he had a relatively low post count, and he just casually threw it out there in the middle of a conversation, and didn't necessarily even mention he had a source or anything.

My mind is fucked with all of this. None of this seems real!

I was surprised when I heard, but not shocked - I don't know if that sounds like a contradiction. 

This lot in charge of us are a bad, bad, incompetent lot. Make no mistake. 

I understand why people doubted him, that's the nature of the internet - there's so much bullshit flying about. I've been on the receiving end of it myself when posting stuff I've seen first hand and still been told I'm lying. Welcome to the internet.

The Kenny Miller neighbour's crap joke still get's aired about a dozen times a day on here despite that info being 100% correct and happening exactly like I said it would .. meh ... I'm half expecting others to come on, quote me and say this Mar Hall McInnes thing is a lot of shite and give their own version and make me look a liar .. so it's upto anyone what they want to believe end of the day.

I've no idea what the real story is, Mcinnes and his friends will put their spin on it, the club will put their spin on it. One or other may be correct or the truth may be somewhere in the middle. 

What is certain is that the people running club lack nous, class and expertise.

Without even trying too hard the following spring to mind, the Barton fiasco, the shambles when Warburton did/didn't resign, the Hibs Cup Final, the sports direct nonsense and lack of kit in shops, Pedro being appointed, Pedro being ambushed on television ( by a company supposed to be working with Scottish football) and now this. 

All of the above are situations that required strong decisive leadership. Instead we get nothing, nothing, embarrassing statement, nothing, nothing. 

Say what you like about Murray and Bain (I'm not remotely condoning anything or supporting them before you all start abusing me) but they knew how to operate. 

Still sounds to me like he wasn't up to it. He'd be handed comfortably the 2nd best squad in the country and expected to finish 2nd this season (as much as we'd all like 1st). Add to that more resources in terms of new players. Even if they were not his choice he has the option to try and improve them. Meanwhile, he has 6months to sit down with the DOF, build a working relationship and form a coherent plan for next season. 

Let's face it, this player list won't have been long. We're not rolling in cash just now so what we are essentially saying is he's turned the job down because he didn't like the idea of 2, maybe 3 extra players? 

I'd rather have a manager come in who's confident enough in their ability to improve any set of players and feels they are strong enough to argue their case with any DOF/Board.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I was surprised when I heard, but not shocked - I don't know if that sounds like a contradiction. 

This lot in charge of us are a bad, bad, incompetent lot. Make no mistake. 

I understand why people doubted him, that's the nature of the internet - there's so much bullshit flying about. I've been on the receiving end of it myself when posting stuff I've seen first hand and still been told I'm lying. Welcome to the internet.

The Kenny Miller neighbour's crap joke still get's aired about a dozen times a day on here despite that info being 100% correct and happening exactly like I said it would .. meh ... I'm half expecting others to come on, quote me and say this Mar Hall McInnes thing is a lot of shite and give their own version and make me look a liar .. so it's upto anyone what they want to believe end of the day.

The internet/social media is full of attention seeking arseholes. Why any Rangers fan would pretend to make stuff up to seem important/relevant is beyond me, and why anyone who doesn't support us would go out of their way to do the same is even more bizarre. Even generally speaking there are some very strange people online in this day and age who make the most random stuff up, and I guess by default no one really believes anyone these days. That said, I think there are a few like yourself, Eskbankloyal etc who most take notice of when a post is made. 

One final thing, do you know if the last minute change was a collective board decision that was always their plan or was there a split within the boardroom with only certain board members pushing this angle?

31 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Name me one thing I was wrong about on the McInne's thing let alone "consistently" ... I said we would be making our move for him after the two Aberdeen games when others were saying no that doesn't make any sense ... and we did make a move ... was told the ball would be rolling by Monday after the Pittodrie game and it was ... this was Andy Smilie that said it after Graeme Park told him - which was correct... was told 3 to 1 on was a great price for him as manager with this information in mind and I said no it's shite odds as anything could happen and made a joke about his legs falling off with scepecemia to make the point that things can still go tits up 

So what the fuck are you talking about? McInnes WAS COMING he was at Mar Hall for talks, deal agreed ... 

You were wrong when you consistently said he'd be the new manager. He isn't.

You were wrong when you consistently said the compo that would have to be paid would be less than £800k. It wasn't.

On the basis of what I've seen on here you're probably a guy who supports Rangers far more than most going to all the away and development games here and abroad. Your commitment to following Rangers through thick and thin, and there's been a lot of thin, is totally incredible, but you've been taken in here.

Taken in by guys that you thought, or apparently heard, were in the know about the McIness situation. You were a cheerleader for McInness because you thought he was going to be the manager. You believed guys who were right before and thought they'd be right again, but they weren't.

Tonight you've given a solitary like to a guy who's an obvious taig because he fits your own thoughts and narrative on the McIness situation, when all the evidence and others who claim to have a different ITK a version of events dispute your thoughts.

As I've said, you're far better than this and hopefully you'll get a bit more objective when you see that McInness wasn't the guy for us and you've been taken in by people you thought you could trust.

54 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

No offence mate, but you've been consistently wrong on the McInnes thing and agreeing with a guy who is an obvious taig is totally unbecoming of you. You're better than this. You've been taken in by stories, probably by people that you trusted, but it's time to stop now. McInnes isn't coming, you were wrong, and you need to get over it.

Lots of people were wrong on DM - why single him out?

Too close to home?

3 minutes ago, SJGF5 said:

Still sounds to me like he wasn't up to it. He'd be handed comfortably the 2nd best squad in the country and expected to finish 2nd this season (as much as we'd all like 1st). Add to that more resources in terms of new players. Even if they were not his choice he has the option to try and improve them. Meanwhile, he has 6months to sit down with the DOF, build a working relationship and form a coherent plan for next season. 

Let's face it, this player list won't have been long. We're not rolling in cash just now so what we are essentially saying is he's turned the job down because he didn't like the idea of 2, maybe 3 extra players? 

I'd rather have a manager come in who's confident enough in their ability to improve any set of players and feels they are strong enough to argue their case with any DOF/Board.

Bit simplistic mate.

It's not like he's been offered 2 or 3 extra players as a goodwill gesture to help his team out - he's actually sat down during talks and said he wants to sign Moult and McLean in January only to be handed a list and said these are the players we will be signing (or want you to sign) and him to say "I wouldn't even sign these guys for Aberdeen"  ... I think that's a ridiculous way to go about policy and why I've never wanted a DOF because that's what can happen. 

7 minutes ago, SJGF5 said:

Indeed no matter who the manager was the January window would have seen 2 maybe 3 players signed it was never a case of major surgery cause the market is vastly inflated in the winter window. 

If he turned down the job cause he may have had to sign a couple of players recommended by the DOF in the January window then the snowflake is better staying at Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, SJGF5 said:

What if the DOF is a clueless bastard? What if there is no plan for next season?

2 or 3 players he needs to trust with his reputation and career? 

If I was him and thought circumstances dictated I wouldn’t be up to the task I would turn down the job, I wouldn’t want to be part of the reason the club I love is held back, this isn’t 2/3 players of world class ability that just don’t suit his system, that’s money we don’t have wasted on more duds and another 2/3 year having to shift out more and more deadwood.

The board are scummy bastards mate let’s be honest, they don’t represent us at all.

Think of how many times we have been trampled on by the rest of Scotland and sat in silence, how many shocking managerial decisions we have made, not to mention the fact we employ cretins like Traynor or release statements coming across like bitter teenage wee lassies, they are wastes of oxygen.

doesnt matter if they saved the club, they’ve finished us for the time being.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Bit simplistic mate.

It's not like he's been offered 2 or 3 extra players as a goodwill gesture to help his team out - he's actually sat down during talks and said he wants to sign Moult and McLean in January only to be handed a list and said these are the players we will be signing (or want you to sign) and him to say "I wouldn't even sign these guys for Aberdeen"  ... I think that's a ridiculous way to go about policy and why I've never wanted a DOF because that's what can happen. 

A DOF who we’ve heard scarcely a peep from. 

Yet who people will defend, because he’s ‘changing the structure from the roots up’.

Like Warburton.........

That played out well, didn’t it.

Just now, Pure_Quality said:

You were wrong when you consistently said he'd be the new manager. He isn't.

You were wrong when you consistently said the compo that would have to be paid would be less than £800k. It wasn't.

On the basis of what I've seen on here you're probably a guy who supports Rangers far more than most going to all the away and development games here and abroad. Your commitment to following Rangers through thick and thin, and there's been a lot of thin, is totally incredible, but you've been taken in here.

Taken in by guys that you thought, or apparently heard, were in the know about the McIness situation. You were a cheerleader for McInness because you thought he was going to be the manager. You believed guys who were right before and thought they'd be right again, but they weren't.

Tonight you've given a solitary like to a guy who's an obvious taig because he fits your own thoughts and narrative on the McIness situation, when all the evidence and others who claim to have a different ITK a version of events dispute your thoughts.

As I've said, you're far better than this and hopefully you'll get a bit more objective when you see that McInness wasn't the guy for us and you've been taken in by people you thought you could trust.

1- He was on course to be our new manager that's a fact, even McInnes has said himself he was going to be - if you've noticed me saying that then you would have also noticed me saying it could go tits up. So don't start quoting half-truth's or being flakey to make it suit your argument.

2- I never once said it would less than 800k - you've either just made that up or lying outright. I will have said that in my personal opinion waiting until after the Aberdeen double header to start talks with him doesn't make one bit of sense unless we've agreed a deal with Aberdeen for less compensation. That's a guess. I wasn't saying anything to that effect as a matter of fact. 

3- Yes I was a cheerleader for McInnes' because I thought he was the right man for the job. 

4- The guy may be a taig, but his information is correct. He doesn't fit my thoughts, the admin will confirm I PM'd them the information before I even knew this dude existed - I only shared the information because of the abuse he was getting because if people are calling him a taig for saying that then I must be a taig too as we both have the same information. 

Listen believe whatever you want, I don't care - I'd never tell anyone what to believe just don't quote me lies and half-truth's like you are doing. You are wrong about so much of what you've posted in these two messages. 

Why would any guy worth his salt put his reputation on the line by being made to sign players he doesnt want? If they turn out to be shit it is the manager that takes the flak.

Im definitely not ITK and have no idea whats fact but ill tell you one thing, regardless of whether i wanted DMc or not i would be disgusted if we have asked him to join us only to totally throw him under a bus to save our board arses because he didnt agree to this. Thats not the Rangers i know and certainly not the way to treat ex players and potential managers.

Really is a scary thought.

6 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

That statement is a complete embarrassment, but then, that's nothing new with this board..

McInnes was on his way to Ibrox yesterday then  the deal fell apart after he was handed a list of the players he was told he would be signing.

He said he wouldn't sign them for Aberdeen so he certainly wouldn't be signing them for Rangers. Talks went downhill rapidly from that point on and the deal fell apart.

Milne agreed to make a statement to get the Aberdeen fans that had slated McInnes back on side.

McInnes is devastated at the events that unfolded as he desperately wanted to be Rangers manager. You can take that one to the bank.

Where did this come from? So we were offering him the job, but the board had handpicked a list of players to be signed without input from the new manager? FFS the board might be incompetent but this just doesn't ring true. All it takes is one idiot on social media to make something up, no matter how outrageous, and its plastered all over forums, newspapers, news outlets with everyone up in arms without one shred of a reliable source or a single quote to back it up.

Utter nonsense! Some folk need to take a step back and a deep breath before getting carried away.

21 minutes ago, gsa said:

I've no idea what the real story is, Mcinnes and his friends will put their spin on it, the club will put their spin on it. One or other may be correct or the truth may be somewhere in the middle. 

What is certain is that the people running club lack nous, class and expertise.

Without even trying too hard the following spring to mind, the Barton fiasco, the shambles when Warburton did/didn't resign, the Hibs Cup Final, the sports direct nonsense and lack of kit in shops, Pedro being appointed, Pedro being ambushed on television ( by a company supposed to be working with Scottish football) and now this. 

All of the above are situations that required strong decisive leadership. Instead we get nothing, nothing, embarrassing statement, nothing, nothing. 

Say what you like about Murray and Bain (I'm not remotely condoning anything or supporting them before you all start abusing me) but they knew how to operate. 

I was thinking about this earlier too. 

They were both a couple of cunts but this lot just now seem to be on a whole new level even to to Murray and Bain. 

If it's a choice between Murray and Bain and this lot, then I know who I'd pick and I feel dirty as fuck even saying/thinking that. 

Would they actually sit down and discuss signing targets at that stage tho? Surely McIness would want to assess the squad at first hand and then decide where needs strengthening? 

If he was given a list of ''must sign' players by the DOF then that total undermines him from the word go.

We need someone who has the strength of character and vision to totally revamp the club and what we're going to get is a DOF with questionable ability and remit and a Murty to purely coach the players.

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Where did this come from? So we were offering him the job, but the board had handpicked a list of players to be signed without input from the new manager? FFS the board might be incompetent but this just doesn't ring true. All it takes is one idiot on social media to make something up, no matter how outrageous, and its plastered all over forums, newspapers, news outlets with everyone up in arms without one shred of a reliable source or a single quote to back it up.

Utter nonsense! Some folk need to take a step back and a deep breath before getting carried away.

Brian Reid. His best mate and ex team-mate. 

The papers might very well know. They know more (and don't report) more than people give them credit for. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I was thinking about this earlier too. 

They were both a couple of cunts but this lot just now seem to be on a whole new level even to to Murray and Bain. 

If it's a choice between Murray and Bain and this lot, then I know who I'd pick and I feel dirty as fuck even saying/thinking that. 

They may well have been cunts but they were a pair of operators. You can be certain if Murray wanted a manager in Scotland, he'd have got him. 

Right now I'd take cunts with some nous over the classless rabble we currently have. 

Just now, gsa said:

They may well have been cunts but they were a pair of operators. You can be certain if Murray wanted a manager in Scotland, he'd have got him. 

Right now I'd take cunts with some nous over the classless rabble we currently have. 

Fuck off mate. Murray is why we're in this position in the first place..

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Brian Reid. His best mate and ex team-mate. 

The papers might very well know. They know more (and don't report) more than people give them credit for. 

I'm still calling bullshit on this. Whether Reid or McInnes have been misquoted, trying to put themselves in a favourable position or whatever I don't know, but it sounds like a load of made up nonsense. So, if we have this list of players to be signed, I assume we will l just go ahead and sign them regardless of new manager being in place or not. I don't think so.

I'd be more inclined to believe McInnes turned up with a list of players he wanted signed and he was told that they might be good enough for Aberdeen, but not Rangers.

Archived