Club Statement

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I'm still calling bullshit on this. Whether Reid or McInnes have been misquoted, trying to put themselves in a favourable position or whatever I don't know, but it sounds like a load of made up nonsense. So, if we have this list of players to be signed, I assume we will l just go ahead and sign them regardless of new manager being in place or not. I don't think so.

I'd be more inclined to believe McInnes turned up with a list of players he wanted signed and he was told that they might be good enough for Aberdeen, but not Rangers.

There's no misquotes however if someone was to say it's just Reid making up shite to defend his best mate because he never got the job or whatever I couldn't argue with that - that would come down to personal opinion and what someone wants to believe. 

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, simplythebest said:

Losing to two relegation sides should be considered utterly disastrous for Rangers not just 'slip ups', I've got plenty of time for Murty and think he's got a future as a coach with us but he's clearly not ready for the pressures of doing this full time

After forking out for season ticket money yet again I think fans are entitled to expect more than the season basically being written off by leaving a caretaker in charge indefinitely, and six weeks being spent to approach one manager that's been seen as an obvious candidate for the Rangers job for years now. This whole 'right appointment' thing is guff, are they working on persuading Alex Ferguson out of retirement or Guardiola to give up City? Nothing breath taking is going to come up in the next few weeks that hasn't in the last few

Yes ten years ago, or maybe before that but Rangers is a media circus, with one kick after the other. maybe when we had a team of international players, and even the best of our own country.  but a team with leftovers of warburton and then pedros additions. Murty never gets the pleasure of his own players.

and as far as season tickets go, yes loyal Rangers fans should get what they feel they expect from the team. They have followed and paid a lot of money, and much more for Rangers. 

Mccinness as Rangers candidate for years ? How many and were the board thinking " lets appoint these two till our derek is ready"". nonsense. 

I think the truth of what happened will yet to be told, like alot of things surrounding our team. But also i think murty has done extremley well again at the second time of asking. and though not ideal for the task needed i think he deserves at least a chance. 

Ten in a row is looming for the filth, and if it takes 3 months to get the right man then so be it, if anyone thinks were going to win the league this year i commend their optimism. I really do. 

8 minutes ago, gsa said:

They may well have been cunts but they were a pair of operators. You can be certain if Murray wanted a manager in Scotland, he'd have got him. 

Right now I'd take cunts with some nous over the classless rabble we currently have. 

Seriously?

Have some of our support been living in caves over the last 5-7 years? 

We had Bain running to 53 names giving him exclusive interviews about the BTC and an owner that dumped a massive tax debt on the club and that probably more than any single issue got us sent down to the 3rd division and the joys of having to suffer through the Whyte and Green eras?

3 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

the papers might not have reported it because the source wouldn’t run to them and throw his bestpal under the bus, jesus fuck man no rocket science.

People tell the papers stuff off the record too, people at the venue won't provide them with pictures incase they lose their jobs - there's loads of reasons.

I've been in bars and squares with Rangers in Europe and abroad and seen shit happen and noticed the likes of Spiers, Traynor, Tanner, White, McPherson, Delahunt you name it and nothings been said despite some of them being rapid Rangers haters and some of them having paper iinches to do so. 

The papers are scummy bastards and no friends of Rangers but there's times they don't report things - for their own reasons. 

I've been brought up on the basis that whenever Rangers come in for you, you can't say no,  so to accept that he never came because these new signings where already coming without his input as new manager is far fetched. Kings already said they've been working on two new signings for January so it's not new info. As the manager he doesn't need to pick them if he disnae fancy them at the end if the day. King said the next managers contract was a 3/3.5 yr deal so there's no danger that info made it a deal breaker.  Plenty more windows to sign his own choices.  The reality is he's shat it cos when he looked in the mirror that morning he knew he wasnae the man. Bullet dodged imo.

Just now, bluenose1975 said:

I've been brought up on the basis that whenever Rangers come in for you, you can't say no,  so to accept that he never came because these new signings where already coming without his input as new manager is far fetched. Kings already said they've been working on two new signings for January so it's not new info. As the manager he doesn't need to pick them if he disnae fancy them at the end if the day. King said the next managers contract was a 3/3.5 yr deal so there's no danger that info made it a deal breaker.  Plenty more windows to sign his own choices.  The reality is he's shat it cos when he looked in the mirror that morning he knew he wasnae the man. Bullet dodged imo.

Why's King working on 2 signings for January when there's no manager? what if the new manager doesn't want them? does that not give the story some credit if Rangers are bringing in players regardless of what any potential manager thinks?

Call me old fashioned but I think a manager makes the signings, not a chairman or some DOF. 

1 minute ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

the papers might not have reported it because the source wouldn’t run to them and throw his bestpal under the bus, jesus fuck man no rocket science.

Well fuck me the papers refusing to print a story that could in effect show Rangers in a bad light because they couldn't confirm their source. That's a new one.

When has it ever stopped them in the past? They have blatantly lied and run columns of anti-Rangers stuff many many times without a reliable source being confirmed or a single quote from anyone. Maybe they have suddenly gained a conscience. Or maybe there's nothing to report.

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

1- He was on course to be our new manager that's a fact, even McInnes has said himself he was going to be - if you've noticed me saying that then you would have also noticed me saying it could go tits up. So don't start quoting half-truth's or being flakey to make it suit your argument.

2- I never once said it would less than 800k - you've either just made that up or lying outright. I will have said that in my personal opinion waiting until after the Aberdeen double header to start talks with him doesn't make one bit of sense unless we've agreed a deal with Aberdeen for less compensation. That's a guess. I wasn't saying anything to that effect as a matter of fact. 

3- Yes I was a cheerleader for McInnes' because I thought he was the right man for the job. 

4- The guy may be a taig, but his information is correct. He doesn't fit my thoughts, the admin will confirm I PM'd them the information before I even knew this dude existed - I only shared the information because of the abuse he was getting because if people are calling him a taig for saying that then I must be a taig too as we both have the same information. 

Listen believe whatever you want, I don't care - I'd never tell anyone what to believe just don't quote me lies and half-truth's like you are doing. You are wrong about so much of what you've posted in these two messages. 

I've got zero desire to argue with you on this for the reasons I stated. You're obviously ITK or have people you trust who think they are ITK. Unfortunately this time you were taken in by people that you thought you could trust and they were wrong.

The facts are you said conclusively DM would be the manager. He isn't.

You said conclusively we wouldn't be paying £800k, and to be fair that was correct, but not for the reasons you stated.

You gave the Taig a like. I've no interest in who you've PM'd or why, but it's clear what he was and you gave him a like because he backed up your narrative. That's unfortunate IMO.

Just now, Pure_Quality said:

I've got zero desire to argue with you on this for the reasons I stated. You're obviously ITK or have people you trust who think they are ITK. Unfortunately this time you were taken in by people that you thought you could trust and they were wrong.

The facts are you said conclusively DM would be the manager. He isn't.

You said conclusively we wouldn't be paying £800k, and to be fair that was correct, but not for the reasons you stated.

You gave the Taig a like. I've no interest in who you've PM'd or why, but it's clear what he was and you gave him a like because he backed up your narrative. That's unfortunate IMO.

Why are you still lying? you've not took on board one thing I said to you.

Just now, bluenose1975 said:

Aye because King the convicted liar is to be trusted, aye? It's happening again people need to get their heads out the sand. If we're apathetic towards this regime history will repeat itself..

We wanted McIness, he wanted to come, he couldn't take the job because we're a shambles. These are the facts! 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why's King working on 2 signings for January when there's no manager? what if the new manager doesn't want them? does that not give the story some credit if Rangers are bringing in players regardless of what any potential manager thinks?

Call me old fashioned but I think a manager makes the signings, not a chairman or some DOF. 

If the manager isn't making signings and someone else is it's time to worry. 

Well fuck me the papers refusing to print a story that could in effect show Rangers in a bad light because they couldn't confirm their source. That's a new one.

When has it ever stopped them in the past? They have blatantly lied and run columns of anti-Rangers stuff many many times without a reliable source being confirmed or a single quote from anyone. Maybe they have suddenly gained a conscience. Or maybe there's nothing to report.

The point is they could possibly not know, it’s information that was given outwith their knowledge, there’s also a post above explaining why they could have their own reasons as to not running with it, the papers are clueless bastards, record is saying we should go after Wright now, why pay any heed to what they say or ‘’know’’?

But he's not really is he? Do you really think he is working on signing players when we don't even have a manager lined up? Come on!

But he's not really is he? Do you really think he is working on signing players when we don't even have a manager lined up? Come on!

I'm only going on what Bluenose said above, the person I quoted. Ask him. 

9 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

‘King said’.....

Enough said!

Just now, K.A.I said:

Bear in mind this is a new structure we've got with having a DOF who unofficially will be charged with player recruitment. This board don't want a manager, they want a coach. Most decent managers need control over all aspects but what this current lot want is the ability to patch the head coach without massive change.  That's why we're struggling to fill the role. Don't be shocked if we end up wae a Mccann or Robbie neilson standard. Too many cooks spoil the broth and that's what we are getting now. Nae cunt able to make a decision and nobody left accountable.

1 minute ago, London Calling said:

Aye because King the convicted liar is to be trusted, aye? It's happening again people need to get their heads out the sand. If we're apathetic towards this regime history will repeat itself..

We wanted McIness, he wanted to come, he couldn't take the job because we're a shambles. These are the facts! 

You really think an Aberdeen side that play in a ramshackle stadium that’s half full most weeks are a bigger draw than Rangers no matter what shape the club is in?

Aberdeen have openly admitted they might go bust if they don’t get a new stadium and Milne can’t even afford a decent wig ffs. We also spent more money in the summer than they did in the last ten windows combined so how are they a much more stable club?

Even on our worst day we are better than them so that’s no excuse.

I'm only going on what Bluenose said above, the person I quoted. Ask him. 

Ok, but I just don't see how a club that is without a manager can be looking at signing new players. I can believe that while Pedro was here there were some players identified as possible signings for the January window, but not now

1 minute ago, Albertz 78 said:

You really think an Aberdeen side that play in a ramshackle stadium that’s half full most weeks are a bigger draw than Rangers no matter what shape the club is in?

Aberdeen have openly admitted they might go bust if they don’t get a new stadium and Milne can’t even afford a decent wig ffs. We also spent more money in the summer than they did in the last ten windows combined so how are they a much more stable club?

Even on our worst day we are better than them so that’s no excuse.

Well can you tell me why he isn't our manager then!? He wanted to come and we wanted him? What happened?

Archived