Miller and Murty

gsa

Miller was utterly shocking today. Everyone in the stadium could see the negative impact he has on the team. If "Murts" doesn't have the cojones to sub him before 88 minutes or better still, drop him altogether, he'l have no future managing at any level. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller pissed me off with his stroppy dramatics. A bad pass can be played to him and instead of staying focused and trying to convert it, he looks down or away, shuts his eyes, and flings his hands down toward the ground. Meanwhile if he wasnt such a fuckin bitch he could win a few of them or pick up on the oppenents bad first touch etc.

Just now, Gustav said:

We won with one of Mury's sub scoring not long after coming on thanks to some great work from Miller

I dont like him but this obsession with him just now is absolutely mental

Definitely is over the top. Saying that it's maybe a good time to start using Miller more cleverly. Starting certain games or coming on as a sub. He's definitely nearing the end now but is still capable of getting us points.

3 minutes ago, Gustav said:

We won with one of Mury's sub scoring not long after coming on thanks to some great work from Miller

It's not an obsession mate. He is not a good footballer anymore. His positional sense is shocking. Ive never known a striker to play the holding role.

5 minutes ago, Gustav said:

God forbid we concentrate on any of the positives.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

It's not an obsession mate. He is not a good footballer anymore. His positional sense is shocking. Ive never known a striker to play the holding role.

It is an obsession, we've won the last 3 games and still all people want to talk about is Kenny Miller, throughout the match thread he was mentioned in every other post

He's pish we all know that but give it a fucking rest

3 minutes ago, Gustav said:

It is an obsession, we've won the last 3 games and still all people want to talk about is Kenny Miller, throughout the match thread he was mentioned in every other post

He's pish we all know that but give it a fucking rest

A bit contradictory. You saying he was pish the last 3 games which i agree but then saying give it a rest. Well...no. People should voice disconcern at someone not performing. Its almost like saying give a rest to the board.

The board have put Murty in a very difficult predicament. Murty and Miller are obviously close due to the under 20s and Miller would appear to be a very big and popular character within the dressing room. 

So far as Murty is concerned he knows he'll be going back to the under 20s role and is probably aware how big a decision it is to leave Miller out. He won't want to disrupt the squad harmony. He will also have seen how it went when Pedro left Miller out although it would appear Pedro didn't manage it very well. If Murty drops Miller most fans will be pleased. However he may lose confidence within the dressing room. He's in a very difficult position.

That said Murty now has 3 wins in a row and knows he has another 5 games at this. If he were to win them he suddenly becomes a legitimate option as permanent manager. However if he wants to be the permanent manager and if he wants to win those games he MUST make some very tough decisions. The reality is that whilst many of our players are inconsistent and continue to underperform Miller seems like he is untouchable. A good manager has to be brave and make big calls. It's also possible to make big calls and do it the right way by being honest and up front with a player.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Injuries and suspensions may make his job a little easier though.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

A bit contradictory. You saying he was pish the last 3 games which i agree but then saying give it a rest. Well...no. People should voice disconcern at someone not performing. Its almost like saying give a rest to the board.

It's not a contradiction at all I'm not defending him i'm defending Murty everyone is having a go at him for the amount of game time he's had the last 3 games, we've taken 9 points in difficult circumstances.

I didnt say he was shite in the last 3 games I said he is shite in general, thought he did fine up there and if it wasn't for his work for the equaliser today who knows what might have happened

40 minutes ago, Gustav said:

I don’t like Gustav but he’s right, there’s only so much blame we can lay at the managers feet.

32 minutes ago, Gustav said:

It's not a contradiction at all I'm not defending him i'm defending Murty everyone is having a go at him for the amount of game time he's had the last 3 games, we've taken 9 points in difficult circumstances.

I didnt say he was shite in the last 3 games I said he is shite in general, thought he did fine up there and if it wasn't for his work for the equaliser today who knows what might have happened

I think Murty is doing a very good job in very difficult circumstances with a team that has been dysfunctional and completely under-performing until the last two weeks.

Its also challenging to change a winning team. I just think he would make his job easier if he could objectively see how many of our moves are breaking down at the feet of Miller and Windass.

Both of them have had decent moments in recent games but they have more bad than good, and by a long way.