Miller and Murty

gsa

Miller isn't good, but the criticism is definitely OTT.

He plays because Murty thinks he brings something to the team, not because Miller picks the team, or an old pals act or any nonsense like that. He's not as stroppy as people make out and he did have some good moments, and some important ones in the game despite not being generally that good.

I think, much like Windass, people have settled into character assassination mode.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of Windass today, I thought he got through a decent power of work. Did good things only for his end product to be shit at times.

Wasn't a shitebag or anything. I think that's concreted itself as the go to descriptor for him. Guys screaming at him about being a shitebag early doors today around me when he'd done nothing shitebagish. I think people are OTT with him as well at times.

20 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Miller isn't good, but the criticism is definitely OTT.

He plays because Murty thinks he brings something to the team, not because Miller picks the team, or an old pals act or any nonsense like that. He's not as stroppy as people make out and he did have some good moments, and some important ones in the game despite not being generally that good.

I think, much like Windass, people have settled into character assassination mode.

I think the reality is most folk questioning it are wondering what Murty sees he brings to the team.  No one really thinks Miller picks the team after all, but he does get an awful lot of starts (strangely) and minutes (more strangely at times).

He has been a right stroppy bastard this season, often blaming others for his errors and failings, but tbh haven't seen it really in the last month.

The bottom line for me is Miller has played most games this season, yet has only had one really decent performance. Hearts. Folk seem to tolerate this based on allowances for his age, his running ability, his previous with us. His performances aren't the main criteria for some and that's wrong. 

There's often the talk of the experience he brings. Normally when we Win, not sure it's commented upon when we lose to progres, the bheasts, Dundee Hamilton etc.

He's Rangers no 9, yet is not contributing in terms of goals and assists. It's black and white. And whilst winning masks his contribution, it's simply unacceptable that Rangers continue to play someone for factors other than ability, and it's going to cost Murty the same way it cost PC unless he addresses it.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think the reality is most folk questioning it are wondering what Murty sees he brings to the team.  No one really thinks Miller picks the team after all, but he does get an awful lot of starts (strangely) and minutes (more strangely at times).

He has been a right stroppy bastard this season, often blaming others for his errors and failings, but tbh haven't seen it really in the last month.

The bottom line for me is Miller has played most games this season, yet has only had one really decent performance. Hearts. Folk seem to tolerate this based on allowances for his age, his running ability, his previous with us. His performances aren't the main criteria for some and that's wrong. 

There's often the talk of the experience he brings. Normally when we Win, not sure it's commented upon when we lose to progres, the bheasts, Dundee Hamilton etc.

He's Rangers no 9, yet is not contributing in terms of goals and assists. It's black and white. And whilst winning masks his contribution, it's simply unacceptable that Rangers continue to play someone for factors other than ability, and it's going to cost Murty the same way it cost PC unless he addresses it.

People have been suggesting that, or similar. And I get the impression they genuinely believe it.

He's poor, but all the other shite that gets added on around that criticism is largely mince or exaggeration.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

People have been suggesting that, or similar. And I get the impression they genuinely believe it.

He's poor, but all the other shite that gets added on around that criticism is largely mince or exaggeration.

He doesn’t pick the team, but I think the consensus is he’s being picked because of who he is (and who he has influence over) rather than for his contribution (which is very little at the moment). 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I really doubt anyone believes it tbh. It's an easy line to throw out when you rate him so poorly it seems it can be the only reason he gets a game.

It works both ways. At times folk back Miller yet deviate from what he offers to defend him.

He's pish but blah blah blah. He gives us great effort considering his age blah blah. But he is experienced and runs around a lot and because we won he's undroppable.

When it gets stripped down to contribution and impact, hes an underperformer. 

But some will find excuses for Miller they wouldn't allow for others. And that's wrong for a player commonly described as pish, where experience is his main asset not goals / assists.

4 hours ago, Gustav said:

We won with one of Mury's sub scoring not long after coming on thanks to some great work from Miller

I dont like him but this obsession with him just now is absolutely mental

Miller was awful yet again.  Today we just managed to beat no less a team than............. oh wait, it was Ross County.   Miller is a loose cannon.  All over the park,     How often did we have crosses into the goal mouth with nobody in attendance in the middle?     People slated Boyd for his lack of mobility but at least everybody knew where he would be lurking and it wouldn't be left back or right wing or defensive midfield.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Pena and Miller were both horrendous.

No surprise when it was only Pena that was hooked, when it should have been both. 

Not sure if you were at the game, but we were absolutely awful right through the side. Fortunate to avoid disaster today. Can acknowledge we got a result, but highlight the many negatives.

Yes I was there - I saw a side battle to overcome going behind - who dominated the game despite not firing in all cylinders but folk love to highlight the negatove on here - I prefer to concentrate on the positive 

2 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Oh fuck off. You think that was a performance that doesn't merit criticism? Great result because it finally got us over the 3 wins in a row bogey, but how far have we fallen that 3 in a row becomes an aim for Rangers.

You must have low low expectations to see today over 90 mins  as an acceptable performance.

Or perhaps I see a team wiling to fight - a team that fought to overturn going behind - such are some folks sense of entitlement they can’t see the positives in 3 wins and can’t see the positive in fighting to win a game. Moaning gits! 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I really doubt anyone believes it tbh. It's an easy line to throw out when you rate him so poorly it seems it can be the only reason he gets a game.

It works both ways. At times folk back Miller yet deviate from what he offers to defend him.

He's pish but blah blah blah. He gives us great effort considering his age blah blah. But he is experienced and runs around a lot and because we won he's undroppable.

When it gets stripped down to contribution and impact, hes an underperformer. 

But some will find excuses for Miller they wouldn't allow for others. And that's wrong for a player commonly described as pish, where experience is his main asset not goals / assists.

Yeah. It does go both ways.

Regards people not really believing that though, I think they do. Previous post to yours is an example. 'Beause of who he has influence over' is he kind of thing I mean. 

Murty thinks he adds value to the team and he's wrong. 

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Instead of...... It's a simple concept? Morelos hasn't had decent support in months now.

What part of done better is difficult to understand? We should always be looking to improve. We won today, look to improve. Beat the taigs, look to improve. Win 5 nil, why was it not 10..etc.

By all accounts we've won the last 3 games. Any manager not analysing and dealing with where we could have done better is failing us.  That's their job.

That's what the actual fuck this is.

If Morelos didn't have decent support in recent months he wouldn't have missed all those sitters, in saying that despite the lack of goals he still made a decent contribution to the team.

Miller's has never had the natural football skills of a striker like Jelavic.

To his credit, he has compensated for his lack of skills because his pace, fitness and drive and, above all else, his smarts.

At his age, pace and fitness goes and, if you don't have these, it doesn't matter how much drive you have.

Kenny has visions of managing or coaching, and he is clearly influencing Murty in this respect; however, if he was using his smarts,

he'd realize that the best position for himself is his arse on the bench for 60 minutes.

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Who would you play instead from our stable of galacticoes? 

9 minutes ago, terminator said:

Miller's has never had the natural football skills of a striker like Jelavic.

To his credit, he has compensated for his lack of skills because his pace, fitness and drive and, above all else, his smarts.

At his age, pace and fitness goes and, if you don't have these, it doesn't matter how much drive you have.

Kenny has visions of managing or coaching, and he is clearly influencing Murty in this respect; however, if he was using his smarts,

he'd realize that the best position for himself is his arse on the bench for 60 minutes.

I agree he is not the greatest these days but from our squad who would you replace him with?

Miller is an absolute hindrance to the way we should be playing, we should be playing the diamond and it should be morelos and windass up top with pena behind. Miller constantly gets in the players way even at corners hes always sniffing around trying to take short ones, when really he should be in the box trying to get on the end of one, murty is failing in his job as interim manager by constantly playing miller.

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

He was instrumental in the first goal. Would we have scored if he wasn’t on the park?

Hardly instrumental he didn’t actually get the assist, he should never be starting games for Rangers he has scored 2 goals in 14 games this season and they were both in the one game.

Just now, jjbscotty12 said:

Hardly instrumental he didn’t actually get the assist, he should never be starting games for Rangers he has scored 2 goals in 14 games this season and they were both in the one game.

:lol: so because he didn’t get the assist, the goal didn’t come from him? He was smart enough to play the ball into Candeias, thought quicker than most on the park would. Miller is the reason we scored the first goal today, to say different is down to pure dislike. 

He was also good away to Aberdeen on Sunday. I agree he’s been pretty much useless this season, but the criticism of him is bandwagon jumping and OTT