DOF signing the players from now on?

KingKirk

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

"We're in daily discussions, but as it comes closer to that time and to individual players, you'll have to talk to Mark because he's in charge of that side of it at the moment in our current set-up.

Doomed to fail 

How can anyone say that doesn’t give what I knew credit Is beyond me 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

"We're in daily discussions, but as it comes closer to that time and to individual players, you'll have to talk to Mark because he's in charge of that side of it at the moment in our current set-up.

Doomed to fail 

So you expect Murty to sit down with any targets and negotiate contracts?? 

You quote that then totally ignore the “daily discussions” part, do you think they are talking about the weather. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Funny that the ones moaning about this were the same ones giving the last 2 managers pelters for buying shit. 

Do you think he should be responsible for singings mate?

its a disgusting set up and we will ever get a decent manager 

Just now, K.A.I said:

What do you mean by responsible??

If you mean he picks and the manager/head coach has no say, then no. 

If you mean, Allen Murty JJ sit down discuss what the squad needs look at targets we have scouted then Allen gets the deal done, then yes. 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I hardly think having a director of football is "disgusting". 

It's understandable that people might have concerns or think it's not the best system for us at this time. "Disgusting" is a ridiculous way to describe it though. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If he's our manager for the rest of the season then aye. I mean, Allen has gave us John and Nemane, a back up left back, and a bench warmer at best.

Murty has absolutely zero experience in senior recruitment nevermind at this level. It would be lunacy to leave him in control of that. More so, as weary as I am about Allen, you absolutely cannot judge his ability on two players.

Even at that, John isn’t ever going to be good enough but he’s hardly been a bad acquisition considering he was brought in for short-term backup.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If he's our manager for the rest of the season then aye. I mean, Allen has gave us John and Nemane, a back up left back, and a bench warmer at best.

So an under 20's coach is to be expected to bring in players to help us compete for a league title? 

John's hardly a back up left back as well,he's made that position his own and I'd like to see us make moves to get him here permanently. 

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Murty has absolutely zero experience in senior recruitment nevermind at this level. It would be lunacy to leave him in control of that. More so, as weary as I am about Allen, you absolutely cannot judge his ability on two players.

Even at that, John isn’t ever going to be good enough but he’s hardly been a bad acquisition considering he was brought in for short-term backup.

Anyone outside the manager shouldnt be signing players mate. I couldn't care if hes a 2mins experience or 20years if Murty is our manager that should be his job.  

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So an under 20's coach is to be expected to bring in players to help us compete for a league title? 

John's hardly a back up left back as well,he's made that position his own and I'd like to see us make moves to get him here permanently. 

If hes given the job till the season end 100% should he be in that position nope but thats a different argument 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Anyone outside the manager shouldnt be signing players mate. I couldn't care if hes a 2mins experience or 20years if Murty is our manager that should be his job.  

That is just words. There is absolutely no logic to that whatsoever.

I really don’t see the problem people have with a manager making clear the position/strengths/personality he wants, the Director of Football and scouting department providing a list from a constantly updated database, and the manager getting the final say.

OBVIOUSLY if the DoF is overriding everyone else then it’s nonsensical. However, under the above format, what on Earth is wrong with it?

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

That is just words. There is absolutely no logic to that whatsoever.

I really don’t see the problem people have with a manager making clear the position/strengths/personality he wants, the Director of Football and scouting department providing a list from a constantly updated database, and the manager getting the final say.

OBVIOUSLY if the DoF is overriding everyone else then it’s nonsensical. However, under the above format, what on Earth is wrong with it?

Murty has already said our DOF has the final say in our current set up

14 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I'd would be lunacy to leave him in as manager in general. 

Probably was a bit harsh, but it is genuinely all I know about what signings he's made

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he is appointed manager then aye, ideally he isn't though.

He only plays left back because our only other option is Beerman and this really bad.

I’ve never really understood the idea behind a DoF.

Is it really too much to ask for a manager to build an on field system and coaching structure which he finds appropriate to achieve the club aims and objectives then identify the best personnel to fit into this vision rather than explain it to someone else and hope they interpret what you are looking for?

19 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We need a manager and players for the long term not just till the end of the season.

We can’t afford more duds.

11 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Murty is not our manager. 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If hes given the job till the season end 100% should he be in that position nope but thats a different argument 

Aye if he's given the job, but he hasn't. 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Murty has already said our DOF has the final say in our current set up

Our current setup where we have no manager...

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If he is appointed manager then aye, ideally he isn't though.

He only plays left back because our only other option is Beerman and this really bad.

Again if he is appointed. 

I like John as a player, far better going forward than Wallace. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Murty is not our manager. 

Aye if he's given the job, but he hasn't. 

Our current setup where we have no manager...

Again if he is appointed. 

I like John as a player, far better going forward than Wallace. 

isn't the DOF in place so that when a manager comes and goes our setup remains the same? thats what we were told when the DOF was appointed

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A worse defender though, and don't think he is much better.

Which is why I'd like to see him playing further forward. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

isn't the DOF in place so that when a manager comes and goes our setup remains the same? thats what we were told when the DOF was appointed

Yes.