DOF signing the players from now on?

KingKirk

18 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Murty has already said our DOF has the final say in our current set up

Aye, the current set-up with a youth coach turned caretaker manager leading our team :lol:

I like Murty but can you imagine the state we’d be in by the summer if we let him spend our transfer budget in January? Imagine letting Kenny McDowall sign players for the first team when he was acting manager!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Aye, the current set-up with a youth coach turned caretaker manager leading our team :lol:

I like Murty but can you imagine the state we’d be in by the summer if we let him spend our transfer budget in January? Imagine letting Kenny McDowall sign players for the first team when he was acting manager!

The set up wont  change it will be management team in and thats it. Thats why hes in there remember 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

The DOF is there so that when managers come and go the set up remains in place regardless am no making that up its a fact the club said so themselves FFS

I get that mate but it won’t exist with the function of the DoF having final say on who we sign. The list will be collected, presented and agreed upon with the manager.

If that doesn’t turn out to be the case I’ll hold my hands up.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

I get that mate but it won’t exist with the function of the DoF having final say on who we sign. The list will be collected, presented and agreed upon with the manager.

If that doesn’t turn out to be the case I’ll hold my hands up.

Fair enough bud it doesn't sound that way to me being honest

5 hours ago, Gustav said:

They want a British manager but have adopted a continental style set up.

If anything summed up this lot it would be that.

Bloody foreigner players too. :angrywillie:

We should stick with the failing Scottish system, resist all change and never make an impact in Europe again.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Bloody foreigner players too. :angrywillie:

We should stick with the failing Scottish system, resist all change and never make an impact in Europe again.

What does any of that have to do with what I said?

British managers don't work under that type of system, if that's the route we are going down, which evidently we are why are we not prepared to broaden our horizons? Don't know how anyone can disagree with that. 

4 minutes ago, Gustav said:

What does any of that have to do with what I said?

British managers don't work under that type of system, if that's the route we are going down, which evidently we are why are we not prepared to broaden our horizons? Don't know how anyone can disagree with that. 

What's wrong with using elements of the continental setup? Our opponents in Europe will benefit from them. Why shouldn't we.

What's wrong with using elements of the continental setup? Our opponents in Europe will benefit from them. Why shouldn't we.

Because British managers have never been successful working like that. If that's the route we are going down we should be looking for someone who has experience of working in that situation.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Because British managers have never been successful working like that. If that's the route we are going down we should be looking for someone who has experience of working in that situation.

Do you really think a good British manager would be incapable of working with a dof? A dof can take over some of their responsibilities and make their job easier.

Do you really think a good British manager would be incapable of working with a dof? A dof can take over some of their responsibilities and make their job easier.

Name me a British manager who has ever worked well in that system?

Another shambolic system set up by the current fools who run our club. The DOF will be a costly flash in the pan for us, with no benefits IMO. Taking a former youth coach to be your DOF sums up the idiots running the show. I think after this transfer window the heat will be turned up on Allen then he will be binned in summer. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Do you think he should be responsible for singings mate?

its a disgusting set up and we will ever get a decent manager 

I'm sure you said recently you'd like us to look at the Scandinavian markets for players, Do you not think this D.O.F could be the guy to identify players from that market?

The transfer window opening in a few weeks time looks like it might be a curious period of time for Rangers.   Maybe even a non event in terms of players coming in.    With no permanent manager but with Murty providing inputs in relation to the characteristics or areas where he feels the squad needs to be strengthened and the DOF recruitment hounds setting off to track down suitable targets it strikes me there might not be many, if any, new signings.   Apart from making this process work, Murty is an interim and a different manager may identify different requirements so any player(s) brought in could risk being a waste of money.    In addition in speaking to target players the players themselves may be none too keen on joining if they felt there was a risk that a different permanent manager took a different view of what was needed.    

IMO not having a permanent manager at the decision helm hampers what could and should be done in the Jan transfer window,    It may even effectively scupper it.  But we'd never find out if that was the case as it'd simply be masked under the cloak of targets identified were not available or could not be identified within budget limits.  

A transfer window works 2 ways though.    Maybe there are some players at Rangers who might like to be transferred out.   Who has the ultimate decision on that - DOF or manager (or is it really King if the transfer might attract a decent fee)?

Also players will become available for pre-contract agreements.    Who decides on which ones to go for?  DOF again I presume based on the characteristics etc id'd by Murty (who may not be manager when the players actually join).    Ditto for those players at Rangers who are out of contract next summer.   Miller for instance?   Who decides on who is to be offered a new deal and who is to be released?    DOF again but with input from a manager who may not be in the manager's job next summer?

The DOF recruitment boys don't seem to have done a top notch job in finding a replacement manager after 8 weeks or so.   Those same hounds tracking down prospective players to join or coming to decisions on who at Rangers is offered a new contract next summer and who is released either in Jan or in Summer doesn't so far inspire me.    Central to this is the key figure in decision taking - a manager - is only being filled on an interim basis and it'll be that way at the start of the Jan transfer window.    It'd be something of a wonder if a manager is appointed in early Jan and is still able to have a meaningful influence on what happens in the Jan transfer window.   

Right now I'd be surprised if we saw any new arrivals in Jan but would not be surprised if some of the Pedro-sourced players left. 

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No I’ve nrver advocated Scandentia market @johanhentze

Will confirm 

Haha, yea... quite the opposite. There are gems to be had. FC Copenhagen were raided over the summer by Bundesliga clubs, so there ARE players to be  had. Plenty good players in Scandinavia.