Fod

the goal machine

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/12/2017 at 01:20, Ozblue said:

As soon as Warburton signed him I stated on here more than once that given time, big Wes would become as good; if not better than Shagger McGregor. Fair enough that people thought I was fucking stupid saying that because of his early jittery faults, but given he won't reach his peak until another 2-4 years, I'll stand by my comment.

Because I'm not allowed by my Neurosurgeon to watch live games I haven't seen the game yet, but from what I've heard the big man played a blinder tonight and was man of the match.

Well done Mr. Foderingham; You are proving that DiCanio wouldn't know a 'keeper if one was put under his nose...And well done to our goalkeeping coaches for making you raise your game.

Nowhere near the quality of shagger he has cement in his feet

Would honestly rather a relegation style keeper than Fod and being promised he’s the future.

Need a competent keeper who’s used to being bombarded with balls into the box and is a decent leader who helps command a defence.

No time for ‘shot stopping’ or potential anymore, he’s far from the worst but he’s really not a commanding keeper who’s ever going to be part of a solid defence.

46 minutes ago, Siwel said:

He was a hero and the best goalie in the league a few days ago, now he’s shite and shouldn’t be getting a game ahead of Kelly. fml

The dreamers I call them

We were all happy to fuck we beat  the taig second 11 .

Many of us just had our eyes open

3 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Couldn't be blamed for any of the goals today. Far more to worry about from today than the goalkeeper.

Far more to worry about. But I blamed him for their second and third goals.

(Not seen any replays yet so I may be wrong... just thought at time he could have got them both).

7 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Far more to worry about. But I blamed him for their second and third goals.

(Not seen any replays yet so I may be wrong... just thought at time he could have got them both).

Not seen replays either but at the game I never thought anything about goalkeeping errors when they went in. He did have a moment in the first half when he could have claimed it and they nearly scored though.

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The fucking knee jerk reactions on here :duh:

Has saved us in so many games this season. Comanded his box against Hibs and Aberdeen when we were under the cosh and dunno how many world class saves he made this season.

Did you ever see Woods ,Goram McGregor live ?

Thought not 

World class saves .Do us a favour 

If ever there was a thread to show the fickleness of our support it’s this one! 

4 days ago the GK saves 2-3 one on ones and we win the game pretty much as a result of how good he was. 

Today we concede 3 goals, 2 of which he had no chance with but people are saying he’s not good enough! 

How anyone can review the match today and say that Wes was to blame is beyond me, nowhere near our worst performer, not even close today!

15 minutes ago, Del said:

4 days ago the GK saves 2-3 one on ones and we win the game pretty much as a result of how good he was. 

Today we concede 3 goals, 2 of which he had no chance with but people are saying he’s not good enough! 

How anyone can review the match today and say that Wes was to blame is beyond me, nowhere near our worst performer, not even close today!

I appreciate that, but I've mentioned what he's like at cross balls numerous times. Instead other people's opinions what are your overall thoughts on him? Do you think he is good at cross balls; does he command his defence etc? I've been a huge fan of Wes, but he does have some big weaknesses that I can see. You're right though, he shouldn't fully carry the can, Alves was particularly poor; I can't make out if he is injured or what, but he is well below par.

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I appreciate that, but I've mentioned what he's like at cross balls numerous times. Instead other people's opinions what are your overall thoughts on him? Do you think he is good at cross balls; does he command his defence etc? I've been a huge fan of Wes, but he does have some big weaknesses that I can see. You're right though, he shouldn't fully carry the can, Alves was particularly poor; I can't make out if he is injured or what, but he is well below par.

I think his qualities far outweigh his flaws!

I can’t really say if he’s good at cros balls, I can think of a few times recently where he has came and gathered the ball and although there has been the odd goal in recent years that people have suggested he could/should have came for, I don’t think it is a massive problem. 

I mean I remember people saying that Klos, McGregor, Goram etc were all glued to their line and they were all very good goalkeepers! 

Overall I think he is a very good goalkeeper and in terms of improving the team/squad, GK would be at the very bottom of my list of priorities. 

2 minutes ago, Del said:

I think his qualities far outweigh his flaws!

I can’t really say if he’s good at cros balls, I can think of a few times recently where he has came and gathered the ball and although there has been the odd goal in recent years that people have suggested he could/should have came for, I don’t think it is a massive problem. 

I mean I remember people saying that Klos, McGregor, Goram etc were all glued to their line and they were all very good goalkeepers! 

Overall I think he is a very good goalkeeper and in terms of improving the team/squad, GK would be at the very bottom of my list of priorities. 

You've reminded me that in a couple of the matches before today's he has been a bit better at cross balls, but he isn't a natural though. At this level a Rangers goalkeeper cannot have an obvious flaw where a flighted ball is going to give him a real problem. Maybe other goalkeepers were bailed out with better defences, but this obvious weakness in Wes' games will get pointed out the more it is exploited, and it was exploited on that second goal. Alves was poor today, and that can't be a help, so maybe he needs a better defence.

1 hour ago, Del said:

Good defence .He isn't good  enough and it will be never be a good ending for Wes .I guarantee it  

5 hours ago, kenny6131 said:

Nowhere near the quality of shagger he has cement in his feet

I didn't actually say he was as good as shagger.....I said he COULD BE as good as shagger. There are far better 'keepers around than Foderingham, but for what our board are willing to shell out, he is as good as any at the price.

Your opinion will be shared by many but so will mine.

1 hour ago, Del said:

To be fair, 2 were pretty much straight at him & the really good save, where he touched it on to the post, would have been slated if it had gone in, cos it was at the near post.

Today - might have come for the cross on the 2nd?

3rd went by him from an ususually wide angle.

Not definite mistakes, certainly questionable.

31 minutes ago, JC10 said:

Short term memory loyal. The difference in amount of points he's saved us versus the amount he's cost us will be huge.

Is he a world class keeper? - no

Is he good enough to be in a scottish premier league title winning side? - definitely

He concedes in basically every game, the majority of goals he concedes  are so easy for opponents; it must be a shoot on sight policy for every team in the league when it comes to playing Rangers.