Fod

the goal machine

4 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

Not seen replays either but at the game I never thought anything about goalkeeping errors when they went in. He did have a moment in the first half when he could have claimed it and they nearly scored though.

I saw a replay and at the third it looks like he maybe should do better, thought he had no chance at the game though

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I've seen this thread.

Hes average as fuck and he isn't a good shot stopper. The amount of long range efforts and free kicks he's let in is mental. Not to mention all the stupid as fuck mistakes he makes to let in pishy wee goals.

No idea why he gets a free ride. Every fucking time we play our second choice keeper to him be it Gilks when he was here or Alnwick half the forum ends up agreeing that they probably should have the number one spot.

7 hours ago, HG5 said:

To be fair, 2 were pretty much straight at him & the really good save, where he touched it on to the post, would have been slated if it had gone in, cos it was at the near post.

Today - might have come for the cross on the 2nd?

3rd went by him from an ususually wide angle.

Not definite mistakes, certainly questionable.

The first one on one he saved was all down to the GK! Rushed out to close the gap and spread himself well, to say it was straight at him is doing him a massive disservice.

The Barker save onto the post was quality, near post or not, the previous two attempts Barker went across the goal but this time went the other side, I thought it was a good strike but an even better save, although what were the defenders doing, Barker ran riot when he came on.

I sit in SJ1 and my first thought again was to be annoyed at the defense at how easy the ball came into the box and then how the only one that reacted to the ball was their striker.

I haven’t seen it again though but I didn’t think it was obvious that he should have came for it, might wrong when I see it on TV though.

Im not saying he’s untouchable but he is better than Alnwick and if we do get some money to buy players, none of it should go on a GK in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, mus said:

I know people might take the piss but I have wondered for a while now if he is short sighted,

he seems to make all his saves when they are inside the area, but lets in the majority of ones from distance?

He must have an awful long shot percentage.

He's alright, but so are most keepers in the league. We have always had the best keepers in the league and Fod ain't that. 

We desperately need quality, we have needed a one off £15m squad build since we returned to the top. Its how Walter took our title back (Davis, Mendes Etc) Advocaat (half the Dutch national team) MON for them (Sutton Lennon Thomson), Rodgers to a lesser extent (Dembele and Sinclair). 

In this league having 3 players who are of a higher standard can drag the rest up. They have Sinclair, Dembele and Tierney. We are supposed to have Alves, Dorrans and Pena. 

It's down to the board to get the funding in to build something meaningful or move aside for others who will. Oh, and appoint a fucking real manager 

11 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Did you ever see Woods ,Goram McGregor live ?

Thought not 

World class saves .Do us a favour 

Seen every one of them mate. Not even in their league but its what we have and he hasnt done as bad as some people make out on here. Ok maybe world class is a bit much but he has saved us so many points this season. Typical BD. After hibs game there is an entire thread praising him then the next bad result he is the new Dragan Mladenovic.

Silly to bring those comparisons up really. Should we write McCrorie off because hes not Gazza, Durrant or Baxter?

He got beaten by 2 quality strikes and a good header right in the corner yesterday. He isn't the reason for our problems. A few flakey moments outwith that yes. Our best keepers of yesteryear would cost many millions. Not a better keeper around for money we can afford.  Debatable whether Craig Gordon or any other SPL keeper is better than Wes. There isn't a lot between current SPL keepers.

2 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

He got beaten by 2 quality strikes and a good header right in the corner yesterday. He isn't the reason for our problems. A few flakey moments outwith that yes. Our best keepers of yesteryear would cost many millions. Not a better keeper around for money we can afford.  Debatable whether Craig Gordon or any other SPL keeper is better than Wes. There isn't a lot between current SPL keepers.

That's kind of my point. He's one of the pack. We should have one of the top 2 by a stretch. 

2 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

That's kind of my point. He's one of the pack. We should have one of the top 2 by a stretch. 

Top 2 would be Gordon and Louis?  But big Louis has had some shaky games this season as well. He would cost and would he come? 

ATM our ability to have any of the top 2 in any position is difficult. 

35 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

Top 2 would be Gordon and Louis?  But big Louis has had some shaky games this season as well. He would cost and would he come? 

ATM our ability to have any of the top 2 in any position is difficult. 

It shouldn't be, we can pay 10k pw and keeper is a key position. Get a proper keeper in a Bosman and see the difference

Having seen Goram(the best ever IMO) Woods, Klos & McGregor all at their prime, he is not in that class but is probably as good as we can expect at this stage in my club's return.  Do though bear in mind Peter McCloy was our goalie in Barca in 72 and for many years around that time.

On 17 December 2017 at 10:38, Orange Persson said:

Your on drugs.

He's an embarassment and to say he was limited, would be a gross understatement. You couldn't give him away in a lucky bag.

Can a goalkeeper have an obvious weakness of something so fundamental as a cross ball? Playing for Rangers I would say no. I was a huge fan of his, and like him personally in terms his character, but although there are signs he has worked on the ball coming from wide, the last match proved it still isn't at the required level.

1 hour ago, gersandy said:

A keeper should be judged by the amount of goals we concede. Pure and simple, he’s not good enough.

Disagree with this, you need a good defence in front of you.  He has saved us many times in games. 

He's pish imo.

Beat from range so many times it's embarrassing.

Totally hopeless at coming for cross balls and looks so uncomfortable doing so, how the fuck can a St Johnstone player get up and win the ball with his head when Wes has 2 hands to win it? Happened in the 2nd half.