Fod

the goal machine

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19/12/2017 at 20:34, Smell the hotdog said:

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a million times.

Fod is the fuckin least of our worries.

Our weakest areas in order imo are midfield, defence, up front then keeper.

Until Morelos is out and I'll swap forwards and defence.

I'm a bit meh about him but given everything that's happening outfield I just can't see replacing a keeper as a huge priority.

11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Saved us from another pumping, again.

Played a pass to Windass in the first half that was an absolute screamer, as well.

Also, the only player that went near the Chadwick after the game

how did he save us from getting a pumping?  we got a pumping ya diddy. every player is shite including him ffs

He made 2 really good saves in the first half. 

I'm not blaming him for today's goals. 

1st goal boyd gets goal side of Bates and then runs towards Wilson then peels back towards Bates. It was a very experienced run from a striker to get himself the space for a free header.

Second goal he redirects a shot that's going wide so fod gets caught out.

God has a defence in front of him that is constantly under pressure because we have no midfield and this has been an issue going back to the Warburton days.  Our midfield is not creative is populated with cowards who are too easily pushed off the ball and who concede possession too easily.  Jack and Dorrans are no better than Hallidsy and he is white.  

Goalkeeper is the least of our problems.

18 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Saved us from another pumping, again.

Played a pass to Windass in the first half that was an absolute screamer, as well.

Also, the only player that went near the Chadwick after the game

Really? I thought we did get pumped and he was part of it.

If fans cannot get their head around that he and his like are part of our problem in one of the worst teams in living memory, there really is no hope and indeed, we will remain no better than a mid table also ran for the foreseeble. Bad enough we have a board destroying us!

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Really? I thought we did get pumped and he was oart of it.

If fans cannot get their head around that he and his like are part of our problem in one of the worst teams in living memory, there really is no hope and indeed, we will remain no better than a mid table also ran for the foreseeble. Bad enough we have a board destroying us!

Gee it a rest. 

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think Fod is the problem, I think he needs better support from the defence but ultimately the team need to work together consistently. If any player wants out bench them and let someone who wants to play for the badge have their moment.

Oh he is and he is also an integral part of that team. He has repeatedly shown his lack of spine. He cannot command his area and cannot read what is in front of him. His abilities are so limited, it would take a week to list them all..

As a keeper he is a shrinking violet and that is the last thing you need of a keeper.

I don't think Fod actually dives to make a save, he more or less falls over with an outstretched arm or leg. Any striker worth his salt will analyse the opposing keeper and with Fod they'll notice that he never dives so ,,,, see where he is on his line, hit the ball out of reach and maybe 85% of the time they'll score.

4 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Think of how shite Gordon is

Then think of how far away from Champions League Football and International games Fod should be, there’s yer answer.

He’s woeful, he won’t get better.

Even if Gordon is better, that would mean he'd still be the second best keeper in the league.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Even if Gordon is better, that would mean he'd still be the second best keeper in the league.

I fell into the trap of thinking Fod was better than Gordon but could ye imagine Fod being tasked with keeping up an unbeaten run for that long? 

Cunt can’t go five minutes without making a mistake.

Few here have said Lewis is far better as well but I don’t exactly watch the Sheep enough nor do I think being the second best at anything in this country is impressive, he really isn’t reliable enough and unlike what I bought into before he won’t develop much more, he’s just not that good.