Barjonas

bluenoz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely tough game to come into. Against some good SPFL midfielders. 

At times looked good, confident and assured while others he looked what he was, an 18 year old thrown into a tough away game on the back of injuries and suspensions to first team players. 

Potential there definitely. 

14 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

If only McCoist had given youngsters a chance in Leagues 2 & 1 we could have built a tream ready to challenge all the way to the top.

Our youngsters were shite, in hindsight we wouldn't have got anywhere. 

He actually gave debuts to a lot of youth which is overlooked. I'm not defending Ally's management as he was woeful, but he gave the youth a hell of a lot more chances than people let on. 

His problem was he went and spent big wages on the likes of Sandaza when signing someone like Rory McAllister would have done in League 2

Thought he was a bit poor on Wednesday. He looked lost, like he wasn't sure where he was supposed to be or what his role was.

However, I've liked him every other time I've seen him and think he's a good player with a good future. Hopefully with us for at least a few years.

14 hours ago, TopCat said:

Thought he just about got pass marks last night but the main thing is he can only improve by getting valuable game time at first team level.

With this in mind,  GM deserves great credit for giving him his chance to shine in such a massive game for our club at such a young age.

He's 19 in January, I wouldn't say he's "such a young age". 

Look at Cochrane for Hearts who is starting in the middle of the park at 16 and isn't 17 until April. 

5 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

He's 19 in January, I wouldn't say he's "such a young age". 

Look at Cochrane for Hearts who is starting in the middle of the park at 16 and isn't 17 until April. 

Barjonas will go a lot further in the game than Cochrane ever will believe me.Norwich and Sheffield Wed interested in him already

20 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

If only McCoist had given youngsters a chance in Leagues 2 & 1 we could have built a tream ready to challenge all the way to the top.

Apart from the 20 or so that he did you mean? 

Chris Hegarty, Ross Perry, Andy Mitchell, Darren Cole, Luca Gasparotto, Danny Stoney, Kai Naismith, Kane Hemmings, Lewis Macleod, Barrie Mackay,  Callum Gallagher, Scott Gallacher, Fraser Aird, Robbie Crawford, Ryan Hardie, Kyle McAusland, Tom Walsh, Charlie Telfer and Alan Smith all played first-team football while we were in League One or Two.