*Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread*

BridgeIsBlue

Really want to see a lot of goals and put pressure on all the teams atound us. 

Think they will sit and counter attack in behind our fullbacks though.

So Going to say 3-2 to us. We dont seem great at home as the expectation is to pump everyone.

Need to keep up this winning momentum. 

Still pissrd fot at the points wee dropped. Lets hope its draws all around  and wee can chip away at their lead 

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he's been out of the picture for a wee while but considering our lack of midfield options does anyone think Kranjcar could come in and play at the top of the diamond? He certainly doesn't get around the pitch much these days but this system perhaps let's the guy in that number 10 role worry more about influencing the game going forward. Niko would definitely offer more in terms of getting on the ball and picking clever passes than Peña although we may lose a little  in terms of goal threat.

Thoughts?  

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

I know he's been out of the picture for a wee while but considering our lack of midfield options does anyone think Kranjcar could come in and play at the top of the diamond? He certainly doesn't get around the pitch much these days but this system perhaps let's the guy in that number 10 role worry more about influencing the game going forward. Niko would definitely offer more in terms of getting on the ball and picking clever passes than Peña although we may lose a little  in terms of goal threat.

Thoughts?  

He's not be any less mobile then pena

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He's not be any less mobile then pena

Agreed. He would probably be more suited to this particular role than any other he played whilst being here and would undoubtedly be a more creative force against stubborn opposition than Peña would. I think the game last weekend was a very difficult one for Peña and I think today's could be very similar. 

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

Need to keep scoring plenty of goals against the shitey teams. Not only for confidence, but I have a feeling that our final place in the league might come down to goal difference.

13 goals is alot to make up but winning the league on goal difference would be brilliant. 

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Thoughts?  

Pena is ok in that position because it allows him to make late runs into the box to offer the goalscoring threat. 

Niko can't even do that sadly. If we could find him in open space facing goal then yes I think it would work but the majority of the time Pena is also playing with his back to goal because SPFL teams play so deep and bank that space. Don't think St J will be any different?

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Carlos Pena will start and score again today. 

He’ll play 2 brutal passes and be slaughtered for it after the game despite scoring the winning goal. 

Heard it here first. 

? this is exactly how i picture it.

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Thoughts?  

As you can only get a decent 45 mins out of both of them I`d consider starting him then swapping him for Pena at HT.

Archived