When Halliday comes back

RFCRobertson

Never a holding midfielder but he would have played in any position required and I applaud him for that. I still think he could have a part to play although won’t probably hold down a starting slot every week, I honestly think he’d be a decent squad player to have about. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Smile said:

Showed character though he could have just sat about picking up a wage for nothing.

Or went to a club where he would have actually featured. A club where he would actually be on our radar and have an opportunity to impress and prove Pedro wrong.

15 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think all returning loanees deserve a shot. I think many if they had their way wanted Windass to get to fuck, Wilson never to play again and thought that Holt was just not good enough. Some probably still hold this opinion. However even their fiercest critics must accept for the past few weeks they have been key in our recent success.

Even now Fod, Tav and Morelos continually receive a lot of stick but again they've been key for us over the season.

In the right system, with the right players, with a manager who believes in him and plays him in a preferred position you never know. Maybe he'll also realise what he could be losing after being away for the last few months.

He wasn't great for us but I think he has ability. Time does hamper your judgement and makes players seem better than they were. His lack of game time this season is also concerning. I don't have an issue though with him coming back, knuckling down and giving us another option. Right now we are becoming more depleted from middle to front by the day and any other options would be welcome IMO.

Agreed mate - I myself was guilty of writing off Windass and Holt for example, for good reasons too. I don't blame anyone for doing the same with Andy or any other player from last season, but what absolutely baffles me is that some people are now lauding these guys after proving themselves this season in new circumstances, yet aren't willing to afford others the same chance? How does this help anyone?

Also, FWIW, he's been rotated in and out the squad due to squad limits on foreigners in their league, and has also had an injury.

He was never a defensive player and by fuck did it show. If he was played in the left or behind the striker then i think he could do a job. Miller shouldn't be at the very least starting next season, and Halliday would be the cheap option to play on the left of an attacking whatever formation, not Miller. 

8 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He was never a defensive player and by fuck did it show. If he was played in the left or behind the striker then i think he could do a job. Miller shouldn't be at the very least starting next season, and Halliday would be the cheap option to play on the left of an attacking whatever formation, not Miller. 

Just how many titles are we looking to gift the scum?

Miller and Halliday and quite a few others should be gone. We need a step up on quality, not staying the same or going back the way.

The scum will not be standing still and Brenda clearly has is sights set on improving for the CL, so we need to be improving. Miller s done and Halliday hasn't got it. It is for the board to deliver and for us to demand that they do. Make do and make shift is no longer an option, otherwise we are as well putting the padlocks pn the gates now.

17 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Halliday, MoH and Forrester could all be due back, so excited I can hardly contain myself. :duh:

Wonder who makes the decision on recall?    The DOF I suppose based on whatever characteristics or whatever that the manager says are needed for the rest of the season.   But the manager is an interim and might (should) not be in that job during the transfer window period in Jan.    So I wonder who decides when there is no permanent manager to validate that these players are required back at Rangers.    Wonder if decisions can be left until just before the transfer window closes then suddenly slap a 'return to base' order on their clubs.   If so, then cant see the clubs being overly impressed by that sort of way of working.   

The sooner we are out of this managerial no mans land the  better. 

Great support for one of our own.....a man who played injured and out of position and gave his best. I shouldn't be surprised because it will be the same reptiles who hounded a Rangers legend Barry Ferguson.....Shame on u