Fallout between the board and DOF

KingKirk

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been the ongoing talk for a while it's easy to state this is the case if you take the board side(not sure if that's anyone now) or you disagree with them you will probably fall on one side or the other in believing this story.

Ā 

There was talk about it on H&H Patreon daily update today.

David said that from sources he's talked to that some on the board have an issue with targets he's suggested for January.

I'd have thought that as a lengthy manager recruitment process draws to an end with - presumably - recommendations being made about who to appoint there are almost bound to be robust exchanges of views and maybe fiercely divided opinion between the various decision takers at Ibrox. Ā  Especially if the recommendation is controversial or is someone who does not meet all or enough of whatever criteria the DOF is working to in making a recommendation. Ā  Add in to the mix any need for more money to be found to make the appointment happen and there are plenty of ingredients for differences of view to emerge.

Differences of view, fallout, robust exchanges........call them what you will but the nose and tail of it is they have a couple of weeks left before the end of the year and before Murty retreats back to the much safer and more comfortable territory of development team coaching. Ā  At the end of which the board must - it absolutely must - produce a suitable, credible and properly experienced manager. Ā  No ifs, no buts, no hedging, no more delay.Ā 

So argue and fall out all they want if that's what they are doing) but a consensus is needed and a proper manager must be appointed.Ā  They have had more than enough time to get this sorted.Ā 

Can't be the board's fault, surely?!

A fucking DoF indeed!

We're bereft ofĀ quality, so let's get a DoF, then McKinnes does one.

Now they question what he puts in front of them.

Much cheaper if they had just bought a nodding donkey.

Was always going to end in tears.

The hard of thinking will be along shortly to blame the DoF.

If you got points for scoring own goals, we'd be top of the league.

Fucking shambles from top to bottom.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I'd have thought that as a lengthy manager recruitment process draws to an end with - presumably - recommendations being made about who to appoint there are almost bound to be robust exchanges of views and maybe fiercely divided opinion between the various decision takers at Ibrox. Ā  Especially if the recommendation is controversial or is someone who does not meet all or enough of whatever criteria the DOF is working to in making a recommendation. Ā  Add in to the mix any need for more money to be found to make the appointment happen and there are plenty of ingredients for differences of view to emerge.

Differences of view, fallout, robust exchanges........call them what you will but the nose and tail of it is they have a couple of weeks left before the end of the year and before Murty retreats back to the much safer and more comfortable territory of development team coaching. Ā  At the end of which the board must - it absolutely must - produce a suitable, credible and properly experienced manager. Ā  No ifs, no buts, no hedging, no more delay.Ā 

So argue and fall out all they want if that's what they are doing) but a consensus is needed and a proper manager must be appointed.Ā  They have had more than enough time to get this sorted.Ā 

King only wants and needs yes men. End of.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

This is why mcinness is allegedly back on....

So is it a case of when does 'no' mean 'no'? Ā  With the answer being when its Rangers who keep on asking. Ā  Ā  Surely the whole McInnes thing is a dead duck, ended, finished, in the rear view mirror and never to be revisited?Ā 

10 minutes ago, Ace said:

There was talk about it on H&H Patreon daily update today.

David said that from sources he's talked to that some on the board have an issue with targets he's suggested for January.

Was that not one of the reasons DM turned the job down ??????????

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

So is it a case of when does 'no' mean 'no'? Ā  With the answer being when its Rangers who keep on asking. Ā  Ā  Surely the whole McInnes thing is a dead duck, ended, finished, in the rear view mirror and never to be revisited?Ā 

Knowing how incompetent and desperate we are, we'd probably try again and told to get to fuck again. Probably tell McInnes they'll give him postage stamps to buy players.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

King only wants and needs yes men. End of.

I thought King had not been all that keen on Pedro (never even interviewed him before he was appointed) and all that? Ā Ā  If so then clearly yes men were not in play when Pedro was appointed. Ā  Or have I misunderstood and King was full square behind the Pedro appointment and those making the appointment were all cap doffing yes men dancing to the recruitment tune penned by King?

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Knowing how incompetent and desperate we are, we'd probably try again and told to get to fuck again. Probably tell McInnes they'll give him postage stamps to buy players.

I'm just struggling to believe that having seen the attempt at landing McInnes crash so spectacularly I just cannot believe they'd try to revive that. Ā  It'd surely come over as an arrogant move and disrespectful beyond belief. Ā Ā  I just can't comprehend how any effort would be made to resurrect the attempt to land McInnes.Ā  Clearly I don't know enough of the ins and outs of what might be possible but the whole inference of signing McInnes strikes me as being entirely incredible. Ā Ā 

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I thought King had not been all that keen on Pedro (never even interviewed him before he was appointed) and all that? Ā Ā  If so then clearly yes men were not in play when Pedro was appointed. Ā  Or have I misunderstood and King was full square behind the Pedro appointment and those making the appointment were all cap doffing yes men dancing to the recruitment tune penned by King?

There were pictures of King having a meal with Pedro before he signed.

4 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

You mean you actually believed king? He may not have been involved in the recruitment, but he will have signed off on him.

However, what I'm meaning unless he says so, no one will rock the boat. He can't afford it and for may different reasons.

Ā