Fallout between the board and DOF

KingKirk

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So you don't think this clown of a DOF parading a list to him (after agreeing in principle to become our manager) and saying you'll be signing these guys in January (thinking it might be the type of players on that Sunday Post thread) and him saying hold on a minute, I'm out, isn't worthy of a u-turn and a mark of a shitebag? ... my definition of shitebag is different to everyone else's in that case, mate.

Do you not think his working relationship with Allen, and his recommendation of players, would've been one of the main points of our talks with him? I doubt something as important as that would've just sprung up at the last minute. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, trueblueal said:

This would be a very Rangers move. Appoint a DOF, don't back him, let him leave and take his scouts with him, start again

Oh and a payoff. Always a payoff 

I need a job at Rangers just so I can fuck it up and still be quids in.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

How would they sell it to DM after the statement. Just blame the DOF? 

That's a good point actually.

Again this is all just rumour so we need to debate it as such but you'd think (if true) we'd go back and apologise and say look this obstacle is out of the way, we have had a re-structure hopefully we can start afresh if you are still interested.

If that happened and he said no again then fine, fuck him. I'll be the first to call him a shitebag as there's no excuses or obstacles in the way of his dream job.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

that was the rumour a while back.  DoF didn't want DM in, and most of the board did.

IMO there is no point in hiring a DoF if you are going to overrule him on footballing matters.

Which once again proves that we need an empowered CEO, who the DoF would report to and who makes the ultimate decisions, rather than being run by a committee of 'investors' who are well intentioned but completely out of their depth when it comes to running the club.

The structures are all to fuck at the moment and it needs changed quickly.

Just now, KingKirk said:

How would they sell it to DM after the statement. Just blame the DOF? 

Honesty and integrity are no longer synonymous with our club, so why not?

LBH we are going nowhere McInnes, simply because he wasn't an idiot when he first turned us down and would be libel to give us an even bigger get to fuck, plus the sheep would have our guts for garters for all the tapping up.

Then the matter of a million big ones. Are we paying it? Like fuck we are.

1 minute ago, Pure_Quality said:

Which once again proves that we need an empowered CEO, who the DoF would report to and who makes the ultimate decisions, rather than being run by a committee of 'investors' who are well intentioned but completely out of their depth when it comes to running the club.

The structures are all to fuck at the moment and it needs changed quickly.

too many chiefs?

11 minutes ago, gogzy said:

too many chiefs?

The irony is, there is not. Only king calls the shots. That much is very clear and that is the way it will stay..

According to the accounts it's King underwriting the needed funds for solvency and he who pays the piper calls the tunes. It is very apparent everyone, everything needs King's sanction until he says otherwise.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's a good point actually.

Again this is all just rumour so we need to debate it as such but you'd think (if true) we'd go back and apologise and say look this obstacle is out of the way, we have had a re-structure hopefully we can start afresh if you are still interested.

If that happened and he said no again then fine, fuck him. I'll be the first to call him a shitebag and there's no excuses or obstacles in the way of his dream job.

I'll make it clear I dont want him but I dont see how we can go back even if the DOF leaves tomorrow tbh. To much water has gone under the bridge now. Its no like a ex that ye can badmouth then shag on the fly after a few month :lol:

Just now, KingKirk said:

I'll make it clear I dont want him but I dont see how we can go back even if the DOF leaves tomorrow tbh. To much water has gone under the bridge now. Its no like a ex that ye can badmouth then shag on the fly after a few month :lol:

I think you are right. I was talking about the possibility of McInnes' being principled earlier - well if this secnario was true and played out that way and he was principled he would just say ram it after your statement inferring I'm not upto it mentally.

Do people actually think we had ongoing negotiations with McIness over 4/6 weeks?

despite Milne saying he refused us permission to talk the Tuesday after the double header and Rangers saying the same?

i think folks are making shit up if I’m honest   

It’s like jackanory in here with a sprinkling of jobbie 

Just now, gogzy said:

too many chiefs?

Yes IMO. The guys who stuck in money all want their say and it's leading to decision making by committee. Much as it pains me to say it but can you honestly see Lawwell across the city not making a football decision because he's got to run it past a guy who sells cars and runs an coach company? Not a chance.

The executive directors are supposed to run the club day to day and Robertson and Dickson just aren't good enough. The non execs have stuck their money in and that's fine but they should have a light touch rather than meddling in the day to day running of the club. 

AsI say, the structure is a shambles at the moment.

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

About this list of players Allen has drawn up that the board supposedly aren't happy with - are they not happy because the players he wants are shite or because we can't afford them I wonder?

I'd imagine it's because they are shite. Even being skint, we could afford Jamie Walker, Hendry and that cunt fae Kilmarnock. The one we maybe couldn't would be Murphy at 1.2 million but you'd like to think we could.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Do people actually think we had ongoing negotiations with McIness over 4/6 weeks?

despite Milne saying he refused us permission to talk the Tuesday after the double header and Rangers saying the same?

Who's said we were talking to him for 4/6 weeks on this thread? 

Two managers gone. 

Countless players gone. 

Just about every record we had, gone.

And now possibly a DOF gone as well. 

Yet the rot will remain here because of utter fucking clowns running our football club into the ground. 

Has there ever been a week where we've not been in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons over the last six years? 

The banter years roll on :megaanguish:

On 18 December 2017 at 22:57, KeyserSoze said:

The McInnes plot was so obvious - wait until after the 2 back-to-back games against the sheep then approach them because the board didn't want to appoint McInnes beforehand in case we got beat in those 2 games against them.

they hadn't bargained on winning both games then McInnes turning us down. Now we're in limbo

20 minutes ago, gogzy said:

that was the rumour a while back.  DoF didn't want DM in, and most of the board did.

IMO there is no point in hiring a DoF if you are going to overrule him on footballing matters.

What happens if future investors want to choose the manager and the board agree it but the DoF as just agreed in principle to hire someone else. Who would have the last say?

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Any chance the list of targets can be disclosed to fans and we can decide to back the DoF or the board on this one.

My sources have gave me exclusive access to his list :

Paul Parker
Calton Palmer
Andy Sinton
Jerron Nixon
Paul Byrne
Brian Kilcline
Rufus Brevett
Terry Phelan

Led to believe if we secure 3 of them it's a good window

30 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

This was only a matter of time.

No decent manager would come to Scotland to be told he can't choose what players to sign and run the football side. It's Scotland ffs with little resources.

A good manager is all we need.

That is the whole issue with the idea of a DoF.

The manager can sign who he wants, the role of the DoF is to suggest other targets too.

Say The manager comes to him & says I need a Left Back, the DoF & scouting team will then go out an identify 2 or 3 LB's for the manager to consider, in amongst his wn choices.

Why can't that be anything but a good idea?

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

What happens if future investors want to choose the manager and the board agree it but the DoF as just agreed in principle to hire someone else. Who would have the last say?

That's not the way investment works. Investors invest money, not run the football team. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

My sources have gave me exclusive access to his list :

Paul Parker
Calton Palmer
Andy Sinton
Jerron Nixon
Paul Byrne
Brian Kilcline
Rufus Brevett
Terry Phelan

Led to believe if we secure 3 of them it's a good window

Not heard of one of them

1 minute ago, Ace said:

That is the whole issue with the idea of a DoF.

The manager can sign who he wants, the role of the DoF is to suggest other targets too.

Say The manager comes to him & says I need a Left Back, the DoF & scouting team will then go out an identify 2 or 3 LB's for the manager to consider, in amongst his wn choices.

Why can't that be anything but a good idea?

Because it actually doesn't work that way sometimes perhaps? 

No offence but just about anything this board does people like you consider a good idea at the time.