Krancjar tonight

bordersbear

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Dude said:

Somewhere between 6-10k at most. A conservative guess would be around £6-7k. 

Makes it a good deal less grim , then.

Still an appalling footballer most of the time he plays though, just less expensively so.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

All of the midfielders, including him, piss me off. They kept getting the ball in positions where there's space in front of them where if they get the ball and quickly turn there's a space to be driven into. And almost every time they're slow as a week in jail to turn then even if the space is still there they shite it and play an easy ball.

The number of times I was thinking 'turn and drive' only for them to knock it backwards after fumbling about with it was fucking driving me mad. Kranjcar, Holt, McCrorie, Barjonas all did it. Sometimes taking shitebag passing options too, instead of a forward, attacking pass. Not even particularly tough attacking passes, I'm talking about either. The midfielders are conservative bordering on the ridiculous at times.

Correct, the opposition teams drive at us the whole time sending our defence into panic mode, we seldom do it but when we do chances are created surprisingly enough, that timid shite must be stopped and positivity drummed into them.

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

All of the midfielders, including him, piss me off. They kept getting the ball in positions where there's space in front of them where if they get the ball and quickly turn there's a space to be driven into. And almost every time they're slow as a week in jail to turn then even if the space is still there they shite it and play an easy ball.

The number of times I was thinking 'turn and drive' only for them to knock it backwards after fumbling about with it was fucking driving me mad. Kranjcar, Holt, McCrorie, Barjonas all did it. Sometimes taking shitebag passing options too, instead of a forward, attacking pass. Not even particularly tough attacking passes, I'm talking about either. The midfielders are conservative bordering on the ridiculous at times.

Couldn't agree more

We had so many opportunities to burst through the middle but opted for a sideways pass. The most positive direct run came from Danny Wilson not too long before his 'Albertz' style strike.

I think he is the most technically gifted player in Scottish football. His range of passing and set pieces can be exceptional.

However he has no pace and Scottish football is known for giving players no time on the ball. Players constantly harassing the opposition and as he has no pace to get away from them, it means he needs to play a quick pass or he will lose the ball.

We can't afford to drop him deeper to give him that time, as he isn't capable of doing the defensive duties so in effect we have a player who ends up having little influence during games unless he manages to conjure up a moment of magic.

22 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Aye the standard of midfielder are a big part of our woes at the minute, the most consistent midfielders at Rangers right now are a CB from the youth team and a reject from hearts who cost about the same to buy as Scott Browns moter.

17 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I think he is the most technically gifted player in Scottish football. His range of passing and set pieces can be exceptional.

However he has no pace and Scottish football is known for giving players no time on the ball. Players constantly harassing the opposition and as he has no pace to get away from them, it means he needs to play a quick pass or he will lose the ball.

We can't afford to drop him deeper to give him that time, as he isn't capable of doing the defensive duties so in effect we have a player who ends up having little influence during games unless he manages to conjure up a moment of magic.

actually, i thought his passing tonight apart from one, was very poor. he passes now because he cant run with the ball, so his completion rate is dropping as he tries to make passes he really shouldn't be trying to make. I think we have to come to terms with the fact he is done, finished, Kaput and stop making lame excuses for him.

He was truly an excellent player when he was younger. Real class. Its gone now though and its worrying our manager cant see that.

First 15 minutes thought he was pretty good, then degenerated to the player we known recently.

However, in the 2nd half I though he put in a great shift when he normally blows out his arse.

He' not the entire solution but he reminds you he can be part of the answer.

He was very slow but his distribution was good. He did try and be a little too smart 2 or 3 times and swiftly lost the ball.......if he can recognise his limitations in running with the ball at his feet and simply let the ball do the work then he would have had a very good game.

Best player on the park by a fucking mile tonight. The only genuine class on display. Yes his legs have gone and there's very much economy on his movement but we all already know this. After a long period of injury and not having played in a long while I thought he did very well. Lasted almost 90 mins too.

Edit - Every time he got on the ball he was swarmed by Motherwell players. Obviously singled out as our best player by them.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

He was terrible for most of the game.

Is it 20k or 18k he's on? For that?

Terrible value is what he's almost always been.

Apart from a decent strike against Partick he has contributed zero an expensive luxury player we should never have signed. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

He was terrible for most of the game.

Is it 20k or 18k he's on? For that?

Terrible value is what he's almost always been.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

absolute gash. Looks like he is running backwards. and please stop with the football brain stuff - if that's the case we should sign fuckin maradona

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought he was terrible.