Krancjar tonight

bordersbear

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

One of the only players who constantly looked forward. Great range and weight of pass. Thought he was better than the criticism thrown his way on here tbh.

It's just become fashionable to say he's finished, etc. The morons regurgitate it without actually watching what he's doing. 

Yes, he's fading physically but we play in Scotland for goodness sake. Kris Boys still plays and he's a fat Marti Pellow who's never had any pace. Niko is clearly not a long term solution but can do a job for us in our current state. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

It's just become fashionable to say he's finished, etc. The morons regurgitate it without actually watching what he's doing. 

Yes, he's fading physically but we play in Scotland for goodness sake. Kris Boys still plays and he's a fat Marti Pellow who's never had any pace. Niko is clearly not a long term solution but can do a job for us in our current state. 

He’s a class act with excellent technique. That is permenant. I agree with what you’re saying. The league is a retirement home for most. Don’t need age or fitness on your side to succeed, just a run of games and a bit of luck. Thought his forward thinking attitude proved helpful last night in creating opportunities and getting us further up the pitch.

Kranjcar plays the way top players do in a benefit match ,5 years after retirement . His legs had gone when he signed for us and I'm pretty sure a cruciate knee ligament injury hasn't put any gas in his tank. Brilliant player in his day and if he had pace would have been world class but sadly Ibrox is his retirement home.

18 hours ago, cushynumber said:

actually, i thought his passing tonight apart from one, was very poor. he passes now because he cant run with the ball, so his completion rate is dropping as he tries to make passes he really shouldn't be trying to make. I think we have to come to terms with the fact he is done, finished, Kaput and stop making lame excuses for him.

He was truly an excellent player when he was younger. Real class. Its gone now though and its worrying our manager cant see that.

There is the gif up there, where he makes the best pass of the entire game to Morelos.

There was also a cross I recall to the near post onto Herrera's head.

Watch it again, it was made in such a way that Kranjcar had already put the necessary speed and weight on the ball directing it into the net via a strikers head. 

All the striker had to do was read the pass's intent and it was a goal, Hererra fckd it up.

It was a thing of beauty as well.

I agree, he is very leggy, and he did try some very ambitious forward passes which didn't hit the mark.

But like most players short of game time, that is often how it is they are ring rusty until they get up to speed by playing matches.

He will never be the player he once was, he isn't quick, but that doesn't mean he is totally done.

It often depends if you can accommodate a player like this inside the team itself.

That said, I wouldn't start him against the Filth.

20 hours ago, Inigo said:

He was terrible for most of the game.

Is it 20k or 18k he's on? For that?

Terrible value is what he's almost always been.

Totally agree. Apart from a couple of decent balls he stumbled and puffed through most of the game. Completely past it and another waste of money. 

Made some great passes last night but he slows us down more often than not by taking that extra touch and it's frustrating as fuck. Some of his set piece deliveries were horrific too. Someone said on here months ago he struts about as if he's playing in a charity game and that sums up his performances in a Rangers shirt perfectly for me. 

Wouldnt have him anywhere near the starting Line up on Saturday as he's not suited to those types of games at all. He's only really useful when we're a few goals up in a match and cruising then the showboating etc is acceptable. 

He’s a polarising player isn’t he?! 

There’s no doubt he lacks pace and stamina compared to his prime. Bloke next to me was giving him pelters all night but personally I thought he had a good game for us. His passing was sublime at times and his application was reasonable chasing down players, albeit slowly. 

My biggest concern for Saturday with our midfield is not Krancjar but instead that we will be totally bossed physically by them. 

On 28/12/2017 at 00:26, PRW. said:

He was finished before he signed, Warburton underestimated this league and thought he would still be capable of strolling it.

He strolls about like a da playing fives, but contributes nothing. 

This.

Semi retired and playing lower league football in the US. Probably couldn't believe his luck when we made a move for him.