David Bates

Dan Deacon

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, JWAC said:

Just looking at performances this season, if you were to compare Alves to Bates I'd say Bates is the better player. That's a different discussion but it goes to show players from Raith etc aren't all shite.

Don't care if he's better or not , the boy has heart , something that shitebag has never shown.

8 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Next time he doesn’t have so good a game let’s not absolutely fucking hammer thebiy like I read on here post Kilmarnock. Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous in the space of one game on here. 

Or lets criticise where due and praise where due. He's a professional footballer.

Today I hope he gets all the plaudits he deserves.

9 minutes ago, MasterD said:

He can defend when defend is all he has to do and when we’re getting attacked a bit it helps with concentration.

Like others in the team when it comes to the lesser teams the concentration can easily wander and it’s harder to defend when the teams not set up to defend in numbers.

Had a good game when he came on. The defence as a whole were brilliant second half and part of the first.

That's the sort of thing that comes with experience though. It's what we expected Alves to provide.

I'm his biggest critic but he was outstanding today, attitude was first class and he stepped up when our European Championship winning centre half took the easy way out the game.

Thought he was excellent at covering the balls into right channel when Candeias and Tav were pushed up

Brilliant when he doesnt try to be fancy.

He does the defending well and tracked their players superbly. When he tries little flicks that Tav gets away with... then he is in trouble.

Bates was my motm today.