41 minutes ago, Siwel said:

MOTM, I've said it for months the guy is a good defender but his composure makes him look poor

bang on.hes an accident waiting to happen when you look at him .

but 10 months in we are still waiting on this accident .

reminds me of a defensive Ted McMinn.looks awful but does the job 

well done young Bates

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Marky. said:

Yeah, Broadfoot was brutal.

Bates played very well today but he has looked a bombscare on most other occasions.

Broadfoot played out of position at Right Back in a team that got to a European Final and had great success Domestically over a number of years. He hardly put a foot (his throw ins were shite though) wrong very rarely did he let us down defensively. He wasn’t the most skillfull or talented of players but he’s way ahead of Bates.

Sure Broadfoot was surrounded by better players but there’s no way Bates would have got near that team.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Or lets criticise where due and praise where due. He's a professional footballer.

Today I hope he gets all the plaudits he deserves.

Don’t have a problem with that, you play for Rangers you’re going to get criticism. What doesn’t sit right with me is people saying stuff like should never play for Rangers again, doesn’t even look like a footballer, one of the worst defenders I’ve ever seen in a Rangers shirt etc after the Kilmarnock game. People shouldn’t get too high with the highs and not too low with the lows. 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Don’t have a problem with that, you play for Rangers you’re going to get criticism. What doesn’t sit right with me is people saying stuff like should never play for Rangers again, doesn’t even look like a footballer, one of the worst defenders I’ve ever seen in a Rangers shirt etc after the Kilmarnock game. People shouldn’t get too high with the highs and not too low with the lows. 

Welcome to tinternet.