David Bates

Dan Deacon

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Imagine if at the start of the season you were told that Wilson and Bates would be our two best centre backs, you would have gone fucking mental :lol: 

You certainly would because as a fanbase we love a hyped up foreigner who we automatically give real deal status to when in reality they  are pretty shite and nowhere near worth the instant adulation.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

After he called me a wanker? Course I did why would I act sound with him? If he wanted to discuss Bates ability I’d happily do so but all he did was chat shite.

Why would I be annoyed at a Rangers player doing well? I’m delighted he proved me wrong when he come on yesterday and I hope he continues to do so.

It’s in my opinion he’s not good enough and his performances were poor last season. You don’t agree, fair enough, not sure why you’re greeting about it.

Not greeting ya absolute clown, but you certainly are because someone called you a name on the internet:lol:

You weren't exactly discussing his ability, you are calling the boy "shite" when he hasn't let us down really this season.

Then you get wanky by correcting grammar, only utter weapons do that imo.

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not greeting ya absolute clown, but you certainly are because someone called you a name on the internet:lol:

You weren't exactly discussing his ability, you are calling the boy "shite" when he hasn't let us down really this season.

Then you get wanky by correcting grammar, only utter weapons do that imo.

??? right ye are

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Wes and Tav will rightly get the plaudits but Bates has done well away to the sheep twice (once last season), away to hivs, away to taigs and now home to sheep! Fair play young man!

Personally, i'd like him to stay  

He would be my first choice centre back. Never put a foot wrong for us apart from that freak Europa league result 

I'm starting to warm to Bates. His positional sense and reading of the game was excellent tonight, as it was at the Theatre of Screams last month.

He also rarely loses a tackle. Still rough edges of course and the last 8 minutes after the second goal he seemed to lose his way. However, he is definitely part of the plans 

1 minute ago, bordersbear said:

Why? They coped reasonably well. Tonight against the " second best team" in Scotland. 

They did at times but let’s be honest how many times did Fod have to save us at the end? Not saying all of them were centre halves fault but fair few were.

I’d like us to go and sign a centre half with some pace to play with Martin.

24 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Wes and Tav will rightly get the plaudits but Bates has done well away to the sheep twice (once last season), away to hivs, away to taigs and now home to sheep! Fair play young man!

Personally, i'd like him to stay.

Fuck me his pirouette in the six yard box was brilliant to watch ? big David Barasi 

Well played young man ??

10 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

They did at times but let’s be honest how many times did Fod have to save us at the end? Not saying all of them were centre halves fault but fair few were.

I’d like us to go and sign a centre half with some pace to play with Martin.

Bates is not the slowest and remember they only met a few days ago.

21 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

There's no debate, he hasn't let us down when called upon this season, facts.

Only started about 4 games ffs. :pipe:

I'm not a fan, and David Bates will never start in a title winning Rangers side. Far too shakey and doesn't install confidence. Danny Wilson is a much better player and I'm quite annoyed we're letting him go when there are much poorer players in his position at the club.

P.S did he not let us down at Killie when he was rag dolled by Boyd for 90 minutes, no? "Facts"

Just now, bordersbear said:

Bates is not the slowest and remember they only met a few days ago.

I’m not convinced on Bates he’s got to put it in consistently. He was all over shop after our 2nd goal and he nearly cost us one in the first half. Dragged out of position going to the ball and McLean ran through and slipped in GMS I think it was for Fod to make a good save. 

Granted he’s not had a run of games so I’ll hold off until he does it good few weeks on the bounce, I’ll change my mind.