***Florida Cup Thread***

Captain Hilts

Our first of two games is against Atlético Mineiro of Brazil. This will be played at midnight UK time on Friday 12 January (Thursday 11th at 7pm EST) at the Orlando City Stadium.

We will then play Corinthians, also of Brazil, on Saturday 13 January at 6pm UK time (1PM EST). This will be played at the Spectrum Stadium in Orlando. 

Both games will be shown live on Premier Sports and I imagine RTV will be showing them too.

This should hopefully be a good experience for the players, and with Murty seemingly keen to get new players in early in January, it could be useful for team bonding also. 

Anyone heading over?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 of us booked in my party. 

3 villas in a complex booked for 6 nights. 

Hired a mini bus and a couple of our group have kindly agreed to do the driving about. 

Dont get anyone saying they aren’t interested in this, Rangers are playing ffs 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

19 of us booked in my party. 

3 villas in a complex booked for 6 nights. 

Hired a mini bus and a couple of our group have kindly agreed to do the driving about. 

Dont get anyone saying they aren’t interested in this, Rangers are playing ffs 

Jammy cunt. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Jammy cunt. 

Not that bad too be honest mate flights from Glasgow £316 and villa £155 .. I know it’s soon after Christmas for a lot of people but I think that’s ok for flights and nice digs for a week.

i don’t want to know what I’ll possibly spend at the international drive outlets though I’ll be doing extra shifts for months to claw that back 

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Not a big fan of friendlies though still go to most of the home ones . Looking forward to seeing these . . . . . on the telly . 

C****c got decent crowds for their last 6 friendlies......sorry training sessions for PSG, Bayern and even Anderlecht.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not that bad too be honest mate flights from Glasgow £316 and villa £155 .. I know it’s soon after Christmas for a lot of people but I think that’s ok for flights and nice digs for a week.

i don’t want to know what I’ll possibly spend at the international drive outlets though I’ll be doing extra shifts for months to claw that back 

Aye those prices are very reasonable actually. 

I fancied going over but I used up most of my annual leave pretty early last year and it doesn't get renewed until February so was buggered by the time it got announced. 

2 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

C****c got decent crowds for their last 6 friendlies......sorry training sessions for PSG, Bayern and even Anderlecht.

Aye and they'll  prob. be a book, dvd and a play about it.

giphy.gif

My sons team played Atletico Miniero in Loch Lomond tournament at under 17 a few years ago and and strangely enough they were poor. Only beat them 2 1 but they were technically not brilliant and no little fight. Should have been more like 5.

This information may be of use to some folk - I was reading up on the Orlando City Stadium and they are quite strict they have a no flags or banners policy so wanted some clarity and they sent this ...

4E41D55E-5922-4D62-80BC-351A3297F267.png

7642953D-E222-4C75-8660-F905A01065B1.png

145965AE-4BB7-44F9-8E87-91D4C8164DC9.png

Archived