Question About "Rangers Live" Online

It is actually available in Scotland if you use a proxy, for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.

This forum does not condone the illegal viewing of matches inside the UK.

Yes.. it's a funny situation.. you'd think you could pay the fiver and get it no matter where you were.. UK or not...

Surely times will change as the internet becomes more of a mainstream media delivery vehicle... I guess once existing contracts are up etc.. that might change?

The 'free' stuff -- which is fairly reliable but not always so will always be there.. But look at Napster. It was 'free' but iTunes came along and people gladly paid the money. OK, there's still loads of free stuff out there, but iTunes showed that there is a perfectly good business model out there to get people to pay.

I mean, who in the world wouldn't pay five quid for an OF game -- if they could be guaranteed quality? My issue with NARSA over here is the existing contracts... each game cost us about 600 dollars. But we could very well use Rangers live and save 590 dollars per game... We will probably go down that road once that contract has expired.

Interesting time we live in...

Has anybody in Canada/US tried this to watch a game? If so, what's the quality like?

Where have you been hiding DD?have been thinking about it myself,$247.for 38 games in North America

We could by-pass Setanta(what were Rangers thinking about dealing with them?),and get the games on the internet,then direct it on to our big screen. I'm not sure if it is as easy as that,but I am checking it out. :unsure:(tu)

Has anybody in Canada/US tried this to watch a game? If so, what's the quality like?

Where have you been hiding DD?have been thinking about it myself,$247.for 38 games in North America

We could by-pass Setanta(what were Rangers thinking about dealing with them?),and get the games on the internet,then direct it on to our big screen. I'm not sure if it is as easy as that,but I am checking it out. :unsure:(tu)

Ran into a situation with my job, which shouldn't be discussed online. Anyway, it got to the point where I couldn't justify the amount of money I was spending. One year I calculated that with my membership, weekly fees, and food, I'd spent over $1200 to watch games on television. I can't justify that. For $1200 I could feckin get on a plane and have a week in Scotland and watch a couple of games live. There's just no way I'm doing that anymore, especially with the issues that our boys have had with SATANta.

I need to be able to spend as little as may be, so being able to pick and choose which games I watch online for $10 each seems just the ticket, if the quality is good.

Try livefootballonline .com it cost me 20pound per year and I live in Canada. I get all games that are televised by Setanta and with the help of one wire attached to the laptop I CAN DRAG IT ONTO MY 44INCH TV. AND GET A GOOD QUALITY PICTURE.

Try livefootballonline .com it cost me 20pound per year and I live in Canada. I get all games that are televised by Setanta and with the help of one wire attached to the laptop I CAN DRAG IT ONTO MY 44INCH TV. AND GET A GOOD QUALITY PICTURE.

Is it legal? The Lord* and I have an understanding that I do not, under any circumstances, ever feckin do anything illegal unless the law is unjust.

*My God doesn't require a human mediator. I go straight to my heavenly mediator. :pipegreen:

I know a few who have tried it but came back to our RSC. No issues with the quality, just wanted to watch with like minded bears and have a little bit of atmosphere. The reason that many of us are on RM is to communicate with like minded bears when you are so far from home, so when in Orlando I think nothing of the 30 mile drive to The Fox and Hounds spending however much I spend, just to be in the company of people I can relate to. I't's difficult to get any good football talk with Americans.

I know a few who have tried it but came back to our RSC. No issues with the quality, just wanted to watch with like minded bears and have a little bit of atmosphere. The reason that many of us are on RM is to communicate with like minded bears when you are so far from home, so when in Orlando I think nothing of the 30 mile drive to The Fox and Hounds spending however much I spend, just to be in the company of people I can relate to. I't's difficult to get any good football talk with Americans.

Hit the nail on the head mate... Nothing better than watching the game with our fellow bears... That's what it's all about. Banter, a few bevvy's etc... Sure we can get it on the net at home.. but.... If there's an RSC nearby? Have to go.. just HAVE to!

hmm think I have a serious addiction. Is there a 12 step programme just for Rangers supporters available?

Just not much of an option for me anymore, mate. It costs too much money. I can't afford it. And I hate giving my money to SATANta sports.