Jump to content

Is this what Pena thinks of Rangers


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

You think higher or lower 

I would say he's insinuating he is on less than £20k per week.

Cruz Azul fans will be unhappy at the thought of paying £20k a week for Pena, so he's trying to reassure them.

It could actually be that he's saying they aren't paying 100%of the wages, but the article is clearly dishonest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhW said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/Rangers/cruz-azul-chief-we-re-not-paying-carlos-pena-s-salary-in-full-1-4657706

Fucking shady bastards. The guy doesn't deny they're paying the wages in full. He says “Regarding the salary, the official figures are far from what you have said”.

To me that's him saying he's not on £20k a week.

I would not believe anything that mexicans boards and directors say, if you think Rangers board is bad, mexican owners and football boards are worse, corrupt and shady bastards 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AndoBien said:

I would not believe anything that mexicans boards and directors say, if you think Rangers board is bad, mexican owners and football boards are worse, corrupt and shady bastards 

So we have 3 untrustworthy sources in this story; The Scotsman, the Cruz Azul board and the Rangers board. What a mess.

Don't suppose you have seen or read the interview and could give a real translation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Because it’s irrelevant. Pictures and film were not “sent to Glasgow”, they were put on social media, where they are as easily accessed by people in Cumbernauld as people in Cancun. I’m sure you, and Pena, understand how the internet works.

Oh yes I know how the internet works with what is now known as fake news which the gullible grasp to use to promote their own agendas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhW said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/Rangers/cruz-azul-chief-we-re-not-paying-carlos-pena-s-salary-in-full-1-4657706

Fucking shady bastards. The guy doesn't deny they're paying the wages in full. He says “Regarding the salary, the official figures are far from what you have said”.

To me that's him saying he's not on £20k a week.

The newspaper has put their own spin on this by saying Cruz Azul are not paying all his wages.  What the Mexicans are saying is they are not paying the figure quoted which to me clearly suggests what I have suspected for some time is that Pena is not being paid any of the salary figures which have been rumoured in the past.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AndoBien said:

I would not believe anything that mexicans boards and directors say, if you think Rangers board is bad, mexican owners and football boards are worse, corrupt and shady bastards 

What about our own media etc?  I have seen Pena's salary rumoured to be anything between £33k per week to £20k per week.   Frankly I doubt it was even £20k.  Player salaries are often subject to appearance, win, trophy bonuses as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, OhW said:

So we have 3 untrustworthy sources in this story; The Scotsman, the Cruz Azul board and the Rangers board. What a mess.

Don't suppose you have seen or read the interview and could give a real translation?

What i read about it Yayo De la Torre said: 

“En cuanto al sueldo que va a recibir, por ahí escuché que es el mejor pagado. No lo sé, pero lo único que les puedo decir es que las cifras oficiales distan mucho de las que ustedes están manejando”  

Translation 

"In relation to the wage that he will receive, i heard somewhere that he is the best paid. I don't know,  but the only thing i can say to you is that the official figures are far from the ones you are throwing about"  

That is what the Cruz Azul sporting director said, but like i told you before i would not believe him or any other mexican club board, director, owner, president,etc. They are all untrustworthy, sadly mexican football is a reflection of our society corrupt and shady.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

What about our own media etc?  I have seen Pena's salary rumoured to be anything between £33k per week to £20k per week.   Frankly I doubt it was even £20k.  Player salaries are often subject to appearance, win, trophy bonuses as well.

Yes, there is not a single reliable source on the matter. 

Here the newspapers are saying he is on $520,000 pesos per week wich is somenthing like €22k euros £20k pounds, and they are quoting the Brittish media, they are running in circles, so who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndoBien said:

What i read about it Yayo De la Torre said: 

“En cuanto al sueldo que va a recibir, por ahí escuché que es el mejor pagado. No lo sé, pero lo único que les puedo decir es que las cifras oficiales distan mucho de las que ustedes están manejando”  

Translation 

"In relation to the wage that he will receive, i heard somewhere that he is the best paid. I don't know,  but the only thing i can say to you is that the official figures are far from the ones you are throwing about"  

That is what the Cruz Azul sporting director said, but like i told you before i would not believe him or any other mexican club board, director, owner, president,etc. They are all untrustworthy, sadly mexican football is a reflection of our society corrupt and shady.

Mate what's your thoughts on Pena as a player? Is he highly regarded in Mexico? He scored a few goals but was mostly poor for us. Some reckon he might have got better once he adjusted to Scottish football. Do you know our game? What's your thoughts on the guy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 14:14, William McBeath said:

Mate what's your thoughts on Pena as a player? Is he highly regarded in Mexico? He scored a few goals but was mostly poor for us. Some reckon he might have got better once he adjusted to Scottish football. Do you know our game? What's your thoughts on the guy?

I always liked him as a player, when he wants he can be a great asset, very dangerous towards goal, creative and intelligent, but he lacks in attitude and some other areas, he has never been a player with great sacrifice and defensive atributes, but still he could do a work in the right formation/style of playing.

Overhere he has some reputation of liking the party life style too much and that kind of stuff has damage to some extend the public perception about him, but in general he is highly rated (when in form) some fans hate him, some still expect to see the player he was 2 and half years ago, at the beginning of the season i had high expectations of what he could do for Rangers, sadly sometimes things doesn't work like we want to. I have been watching Rangers this season, mainly the games broadcasted by ESPN (mexican branch), some by streaming also and miss a few, i think scottish football is very different to what i'm used to but i like Rangers and hope to continue following the club even without the mexican players, its not going to be easy, because without my countrymem the broadcast of Rangers in México will stop. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AndoBien said:

I always liked him as a player, when he wants he can be a great asset, very dangerous towards goal, creative and intelligent, but he lacks in attitude and some other areas, he has never been a player with great sacrifice and defensive atributes, but still he could do a work in the right formation/style of playing.

Overhere he has some reputation of liking the party life style too much and that kind of stuff has damage to some extend the public perception about him, but in general he is highly rated (when in form) some fans hate him, some still expect to see the player he was 2 and half years ago, at the beginning of the season i had high expectations of what he could do for Rangers, sadly sometimes things doesn't work like we want to. I have been watching Rangers this season, mainly the games broadcasted by ESPN (mexican branch), some by streaming also and miss a few, i think scottish football is very different to what i'm used to but i like Rangers and hope to continue following the club even without the mexican players, its not going to be easy, because without my countrymem the broadcast of Rangers in México will stop. 

 

Cheers for the reply mate. Yeah you've described Pena very well. For us he has shown some good things going forward but his work ethic and defensive ability meant that he was always going to struggle here as the games are less open in comparison to what I've seen of Mexican football and a high work rate is especially important to us at the moment because we lack the quality we used to possess throughout the team.

I like to watch boxing so always had a soft spot for Mexico. I loved the recently retired Marquez. Awsome and courageous little fighter.

I also watch out for Mexico at world cups. Are you old enough to remember the Mexico 86? Was the best one I've seen. 

I was disgusted to see Trump treating you guys the way he did when saying he'd build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. No respect for people at all. He's just a big mouth because he knows his country has so much power. No class at all.

What's your Mexican team? I'll cheer them on if I see a match is on and return the goodwill. Always love a reason to like a teams abroad that is more than just a random choice. 

Cheers for signing up to the forum. Always good to hear from people elsewhere :guiness:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah football overthere is very physical and high tempo, Peña wasn’t suited for that kind of pressure atleast not right away, and from what i have been reading on the forum Rangers needed someone to hit the ground running, as you describe mexican football allows you to be more time on the ball.

About boxing, well Marquez sure was a good one not like the current ones Chavez jr and canelo Alvarez i don't like them one bit.

I was 3 years old back then, but I have seen videos of México 86', i think the first world cup that i saw live was USA 94'. Will you cheer for England in this world cup?

Thanks for that, but i'm not afected by it, people seems to forget that Trump is a demagogue and he says what he thinks the american people want to hear and the construction of such wall is not just a lie to appease an specific group/sector of society but also a very unrealistic endeavor. When i have been to USA and to another countries people had treat me with nothing but respect, see the perception that a very few want to spread about mexicans is wrong for saying the least, we have our problems like any society maybe more i don't know, after all we are still a third world country, but to say all mexicans are this or that it is as wrong as saying all americans are red necks or all germans are nazi for example.Nonetheless he is a clasless individual and without any notion of common sense.

My team is Club Deportivo Guadalajara (Chivas), it was founded in 1906 by a belgian bussinessman, and isthe most important  football club in México, like Rangers is the one with more titles, we are the only team in the whole league to play only with mexicans that is one of the reasons amongst others why Chivas is so popular.

Best regards, cheers mate as you would say.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Cheers for the reply mate. Yeah you've described Pena very well. For us he has shown some good things going forward but his work ethic and defensive ability meant that he was always going to struggle here as the games are less open in comparison to what I've seen of Mexican football and a high work rate is especially important to us at the moment because we lack the quality we used to possess throughout the team.

I like to watch boxing so always had a soft spot for Mexico. I loved the recently retired Marquez. Awsome and courageous little fighter.

I also watch out for Mexico at world cups. Are you old enough to remember the Mexico 86? Was the best one I've seen. 

I was disgusted to see Trump treating you guys the way he did when saying he'd build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. No respect for people at all. He's just a big mouth because he knows his country has so much power. No class at all.

What's your Mexican team? I'll cheer them on if I see a match is on and return the goodwill. Always love a reason to like a teams abroad that is more than just a random choice. 

Cheers for signing up to the forum. Always good to hear from people elsewhere :guiness:

Yeah football overthere is very physical and high tempo, Peña wasn’t suited for that kind of pressure atleast not right away, and from what i have been reading on the forum Rangers needed someone to hit the ground running, as you describe mexican football allows you to be more time on the ball.

About boxing, well Marquez sure was a good one not like the current ones Chavez jr and canelo Alvarez i don't like them one bit.

I was 3 years old back then, but I have seen videos of México 86', i think the first world cup that i saw live was USA 94'. Will you cheer for England in this world cup?

Thanks for that, but i'm not afected by it, people seems to forget that Trump is a demagogue and he says what he thinks the american people want to hear and the construction of such wall is not just a lie to appease an specific group/sector of society but also a very unrealistic endeavor. When i have been to USA and to another countries people had treat me with nothing but respect, see the perception that a very few want to spread about mexicans is wrong for saying the least, we have our problems like any society maybe more i don't know, after all we are still a third world country, but to say all mexicans are this or that it is as wrong as saying all americans are red necks or all germans are nazi for example. Nonetheless he is a clasless individual and without any notion of common sense.

My team is Club Deportivo Guadalajara (Chivas), it was founded in 1906 by a belgian bussinessman, and isthe most important  football club in México, like Rangers is the one with more titles, we are the only team in the whole league to play only with mexicans that is one of the reasons amongst others why Chivas is so popular.

Best regards, cheers mate as you would say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AndoBien said:

Yeah football overthere is very physical and high tempo, Peña wasn’t suited for that kind of pressure atleast not right away, and from what i have been reading on the forum Rangers needed someone to hit the ground running, as you describe mexican football allows you to be more time on the ball.

About boxing, well Marquez sure was a good one not like the current ones Chavez jr and canelo Alvarez i don't like them one bit.

I was 3 years old back then, but I have seen videos of México 86', i think the first world cup that i saw live was USA 94'. Will you cheer for England in this world cup?

Thanks for that, but i'm not afected by it, people seems to forget that Trump is a demagogue and he says what he thinks the american people want to hear and the construction of such wall is not just a lie to appease an specific group/sector of society but also a very unrealistic endeavor. When i have been to USA and to another countries people had treat me with nothing but respect, see the perception that a very few want to spread about mexicans is wrong for saying the least, we have our problems like any society maybe more i don't know, after all we are still a third world country, but to say all mexicans are this or that it is as wrong as saying all americans are red necks or all germans are nazi for example. Nonetheless he is a clasless individual and without any notion of common sense.

My team is Club Deportivo Guadalajara (Chivas), it was founded in 1906 by a belgian bussinessman, and isthe most important  football club in México, like Rangers is the one with more titles, we are the only team in the whole league to play only with mexicans that is one of the reasons amongst others why Chivas is so popular.

Best regards, cheers mate as you would say.

I was only 6 when Mexico 86 happened but remember it well because it was a really good tournament. Maradona of course helped to make it that bit more special. What a player he was that year. Impossible to be any better. 

No I won' be supporting England come this world cup. There is a long sporting rivalry between different parts of the UK so I couldn' bring myself to actually support them. Many Scots actually want to split from Britain but I don't go that far and like the UK. I wish them well at the world cup but will just support whatever team catches my eye and plays the best football.

Yeah I know of Chivas. Seen them mentioned in books and videos many a time especially for passionate fans and the atmosphere at your big derby match. I never knew about the only Mexican signing policy. Here Rangers are traditionally associated with the protestant religion but get nothing but abuse from authorities and media because we used to favour protestant players. Even though it was always common for football clubs to have identities like Chivas or others like Athletico Bilbao in Spain, it is now frowned upon and so we get a lot of bad publicity because we favoured protestants. Very unfair in my opinion as many organisations were like this in the past and so it was traditional.

Agree with the rest of your post especially regarding Trump.

You in Mexico though tend to have as many great boxers in any given decade than we in Scotland have had in our entire history so I'd give a great deal for Scotland to have a Canelo let alone a Chavez, Marquez, Barrera, or a Morales :lol: The UK as a whole does pretty well and I support most of our guys but I'd love for more to come from Scotland itself. 

All the best mate and cheers for the replies :guiness:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AndoBien said:

Yeah football overthere is very physical and high tempo, Peña wasn’t suited for that kind of pressure atleast not right away, and from what i have been reading on the forum Rangers needed someone to hit the ground running, as you describe mexican football allows you to be more time on the ball.

About boxing, well Marquez sure was a good one not like the current ones Chavez jr and canelo Alvarez i don't like them one bit.

I was 3 years old back then, but I have seen videos of México 86', i think the first world cup that i saw live was USA 94'. Will you cheer for England in this world cup?

Thanks for that, but i'm not afected by it, people seems to forget that Trump is a demagogue and he says what he thinks the american people want to hear and the construction of such wall is not just a lie to appease an specific group/sector of society but also a very unrealistic endeavor. When i have been to USA and to another countries people had treat me with nothing but respect, see the perception that a very few want to spread about mexicans is wrong for saying the least, we have our problems like any society maybe more i don't know, after all we are still a third world country, but to say all mexicans are this or that it is as wrong as saying all americans are red necks or all germans are nazi for example.Nonetheless he is a clasless individual and without any notion of common sense.

My team is Club Deportivo Guadalajara (Chivas), it was founded in 1906 by a belgian bussinessman, and isthe most important  football club in México, like Rangers is the one with more titles, we are the only team in the whole league to play only with mexicans that is one of the reasons amongst others why Chivas is so popular.

Best regards, cheers mate as you would say.

 

Mexco 86 was the first World Cup I remember. Back in the days when Scotland made it to World Cups regularly, before we became shite.

Apologies for this in advance, but hearing this song (Scotland's official Mexico World Cup song) takes me back to be a kid and watching the Mexico WC. It's a terrible song obviously, but sometimes terrible songs feel good because they remind you of good times. Great times for Rangers on the footballing front because Graeme Souness was about to arrive after being at the Mexico WC...

Think that was my first Scotland strip too. Or was it the yellow away one?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign of the times... Dundee United had 5 players in Mexico in 86, Aberdeen 4, sellic 2, Rangers and Hibs 1.

Arsenal, Oldham, West Ham, Sampdoria, Barcelona, Liverpool and everton had 1 each, Man United 2. 

So the 'New Firm' dominated the Scotland squad, even above the English teams and the Old Firm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 12 May 2021 17:00 Until 19:00
      0  
      Livingston v Rangers
      Tony Macaroni Arena
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...