Andy Halliday speaks

Smile

"I don’t know too much what to say about my time in Azerbaijan, I knew after a week it was a mistake, there was a lot of stuff I wasn’t aware of before I went there. I tried to leave after a week and go somewhere else but they wouldn’t let that happen so it was just a case of trying to stay positive and just hope it was an opportunity for me to come back. It was very difficult there, the lack of English is difficult and the lack of understanding Scottish as well was hard! It was very difficult personally, I didn’t have any family over there with me and my girlfriend has a full-time job back home so it wasn’t possible for her to come over. I was just very lucky there were a couple of Dutch boys who spoke English and were in a similar situation to me, so I latched onto them for six months.”

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in their right mind would chose Azerbaijan to play their football? Of course it was a mistake. He is a very lucky boy to be given a second chance. I still don't think he is good enough but that has been talked to death in the other thread.

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

"I don’t know too much what to say about my time in Azerbaijan, I knew after a week it was a mistake, there was a lot of stuff I wasn’t aware of before I went there. I tried to leave after a week and go somewhere else but they wouldn’t let that happen so it was just a case of trying to stay positive and just hope it was an opportunity for me to come back. It was very difficult there, the lack of English is difficult and the lack of understanding Scottish as well was hard! It was very difficult personally, I didn’t have any family over there with me and my girlfriend has a full-time job back home so it wasn’t possible for her to come over. I was just very lucky there were a couple of Dutch boys who spoke English and were in a similar situation to me, so I latched onto them for six months.”

WTF is this? I want ma mammy!

It explains everything in how he plays. End of!

Don't pity him, he chose that move and seems to be making excuses for it being a massive flop.

Don't rate him either, don't think he's anywhere near good enough to be a Rangers player. He's here though and no doubt will be given games so I can only hope he proves me wrong and if he doesn't then hopefully he'll be shifted permanently in the summer.

Good luck to him but I won't hold my breath.

A young guy getting a chance to have an adventure in a far off place, this used to be what young men dreamed about. Add to that he gets paid. Add to that he gets paid to play with a ball and not build oil pipelines or get shot at.

I imagine he isn't really complaining and it's more to do with some hack building a story but c'mon Andy lad, don't sound so whiny. Make yourself a useful squad rotation player. Toughen up. 

He didn’t regally have a lot of choice. We know how Pedro ostracised players that he didn’t rate so it was exiled to youths or loan move to whoever would take him.

Still not good enough for us and I’d expect him to move permanently in the summer.

Do, a Rangers player bad-mouthing a club and country where he was sent on loan, our very own version of Carlos Pena and every bit as talented, needs to be punted if we can find anyone daft enough to buy out his contract.  Contract till 2020, what a clusterfuck.  

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Do, a Rangers player bad-mouthing a club and country where he was sent on loan, our very own version of Carlos Pena and every bit as talented, needs to be punted if we can find anyone daft enough to buy out his contract.  Contract till 2020, what a clusterfuck.  

He never bad mouthed the club or the country?

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He isn't. Let's not kid ourselves here.