Pedro and Cruz Azul

GOAT

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

With what was essentially Pedro's team, this team now, after January is his team and his team are ripping it up right now. Murty is far and away a much better manager than that useless mongo Pedro

When Pedro first took over he was handed Warburton's team who were already 30pts behind celtic in the league and struggled until the end of the season.  He suffered some poor results prior to the summer and before he could sign a single player, and make it his own team, there was calls to get him canned.  No one gave a fuck that it wasn't Pedro's team so why should we care that for a time Murty was in charge of Pedro's team?  It's a bit hypocritical.  

Anyway, the squad Murty had prior to January was far superior to the likes of Hamilton and Dundee yet we lost to both back in November.  It's Murty's team now (although I suspect Mark Allen was the one signing players) yet we were still beat off Hibs at Ibrox just a few weeks ago when we had a very good chance to close the gap on celtic.  17 points dropped is a hell of a lot and that's the reason we're 6 behind rather than sitting top right now.  Title winning form demands that a team wins consistently but under Murty the best we've done is 4 wins in a row.  The real acid test will be celtic at Ibrox let's see how he gets on there.  

The real question is if Murty is good enough to be the manager of Rangers beyond the summer.  There's still plenty of football to be played and Murty needs to show that he can beat celtic and win consistently.  

2 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Spot on, same with people on here regarding journeymen players in our team, sorry to say there's a lot of half wits on here

What do you mean by Journeymen players?  Tavernier and Candeias could be described as Journeymen but they're also two of our best.  Just because someone has played for a lot of clubs doesn't mean they're a poor player.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

When Pedro first took over he was handed Warburton's team who were already 30pts behind celtic in the league and struggled until the end of the season.  He suffered some poor results prior to the summer and before he could sign a single player, and make it his own team, there was calls to get him canned.  No one gave a fuck that it wasn't Pedro's team so why should we care that for a time Murty was in charge of Pedro's team?  It's a bit hypocritical.  

Anyway, the squad Murty had prior to January was far superior to the likes of Hamilton and Dundee yet we lost to both back in November.  It's Murty's team now (although I suspect Mark Allen was the one signing players) yet we were still beat off Hibs at Ibrox just a few weeks ago when we had a very good chance to close the gap on celtic.  17 points dropped is a hell of a lot and that's the reason we're 6 behind rather than sitting top right now.  Title winning form demands that a team wins consistently but under Murty the best we've done is 4 wins in a row.  The real acid test will be celtic at Ibrox let's see how he gets on there.  

The real question is if Murty is good enough to be the manager of Rangers beyond the summer.  There's still plenty of football to be played and Murty needs to show that he can beat celtic and win consistently.  

:belm: 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Just out of interest... Have the taigs won more than 4 games on the trot in the league?

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

With what was essentially Pedro's team, this team now, after January is his team and his team are ripping it up right now. Murty is far and away a much better manager than that useless mongo Pedro

If they win their game in hand we are further behind them than we were when Pedro left. Don't let facts get in the way though.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Err, were you never on the forum prior to January? Plenty on here were calling for Murty to go and to bring in a real manager. We absolutely had enough to beat Hamilton and if you'd watched the game that day you'd see we did, but coupled with poor finishing and mistakes it just clearly wasn't our day, results against Dundee and St Johnstone were different, we were shite and deserved nothing, fair enough. 

The second half of the season is basically like the start of a new season with the new recruits that came in through the January window, we were beaten by Hibs, yes, again daft mistakes and poor finishing that day were the reason we lost but there's only one way to react to defeat and we've reacted exactly right, looking impressive while doing so. And I'm far more confident going into the game against that lot than I ever was under the previous fraud. 

28 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

If they win their game in hand we are further behind them than we were when Pedro left. Don't let facts get in the way though.

And the facts are also that we lost 9-1 on aggregate to them over 3 games under Pedro and couldn't win 3 games in a row, based on those facts it's fair to assume we'd be even further behind a shite taig team than what we already are. 

Question though, when is their game rescheduled for? 

18 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And I'm far more confident going into the game against that lot than I ever was under the previous fraud. 

As I said, there's plenty of football still to be played.  Not convinced about Murty yet so let's see if he can beat celtic and put together a run of wins.

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Just out of interest... Have the taigs won more than 4 games on the trot in the league?

I have no idea.  If they haven't and we're still 6pts behind having played a game more that's tragic stuff.  We should've done a lot better this season.

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The last paragraph sums it up nicely.

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I have no idea.  If they haven't and we're still 6pts behind having played a game more that's tragic stuff.  We should've done a lot better this season.

Apprently they have only got 3. In my opinion it suggests that they arent very good and that we have improved a lot lately...if only it started earlier. 

6 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Apprently they have only got 3. In my opinion it suggests that they arent very good and that we have improved a lot lately...if only it started earlier. 

I quickly looked at their results and counted four at the start of the season.  Their form seems to be as inconsistent as our own.  Maybe the real deciding factor is Old Firm games and Murty has two that will make or break his time as manager.  We could finish near level on points, or 15 points behind, he needs to show us he can beat them.

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I quickly looked at their results and counted four at the start of the season.  Their form seems to be as inconsistent as our own.  Maybe the real deciding factor is Old Firm games and Murty has two that will make or break his time as manager.  We could finish near level on points, or 15 points behind, he needs to show us he can beat them.

The Old Firm games have become very important all of a sudden as we find ourselves a lot closer than most probably expected. If we win the next one and find ourselves 3 points behind them then suddenly they will feel the pressure.. 2 games in hand or not! That is a situation that they havent found themselves in so far.

They have only won 3 in a row so far this season (league). We have managed 4 twice.

Just now, johanhentze said:

The Old Firm games have become very important all of a sudden as we find ourselves a lot closer than most probably expected. If we win the next one and find ourselves 3 points behind them then suddenly they will feel the pressure.. 2 games in hand or not! That is a situation that they havent found themselves in so far.

They will make or break him, don't you agree?  If we lose both popular opinion will turn against Murty.  Win both Old Firms and Murty will be put on a pedestal while Rodgers' is pressured heavily out the door.  It's the business end of the season and this is when Murty must step up and prove himself.  Let him show us he can beat celtic and string together league wins then by all means hand the man the job on a permanent basis.

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

They will make or break him, don't you agree?  If we lose both popular opinion will turn against Murty.  Win both Old Firms and Murty will be put on a pedestal while Rodgers' is pressured heavily out the door.  It's the business end of the season and this is when Murty must step up and prove himself.  Let him show us he can beat celtic and string together league wins then by all means hand the man the job on a permanent basis.

To be honest.. I would give him more of a chance than that. He has had one window (I know, I know) to get players in and his team is starting to play some very good football at the same time as becoming more consistent than the league leaders. If he continues to improve like this then I dont think the Old Firms will "make" or "break" him. This is his first gig, remember. He seems an intelligent man and also seems willing to learn all the time, which the two managers before him werent. 

22 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Spot on, same with people on here regarding journeymen players in our team, sorry to say there's a lot of half wits on here

Thats a wee bit harsh. The problem is that people wanted to believe he was the right person for the job. He certainty talked a good talk. We've ad that much shite thrown at us for the past 6 years folk wanted to think we were due a break. Unfortunately Pedro was yet another fuck up.

Apparently getting death threats over in Mexico as the fans want him out the club and can't blame them based on results. Only thing I can say is that at least we should be able to get a fee for the duds he bought in. Pena, Herrera and Cardoso should all still get a fee for some extra money to be re invested. 

Just got beat 1-0 at home by a team just a couple of places above them, cruz azul missed a penalty when it was 0-0 and at the beginning of the match they had a vote 64% wanted him out so it's no doubt higher now also their stadium was only a quarter full, could be the end for Pedro real soon.  Pretty boring match and the standard was quite low. Pedro on the touchline urging his team on but with no real tactical nous.  Seen it all before

5 hours ago, spanther22 said:

Just got beat 1-0 at home by a team just a couple of places above them, cruz azul missed a penalty when it was 0-0 and at the beginning of the match they had a vote 64% wanted him out so it's no doubt higher now also their stadium was only a quarter full, could be the end for Pedro real soon.  Pretty boring match and the standard was quite low. Pedro on the touchline urging his team on but with no real tactical nous.  Seen it all before

:lol: