Pedro and Cruz Azul

GOAT

9 hours ago, spanther22 said:

Just got beat 1-0 at home by a team just a couple of places above them, cruz azul missed a penalty when it was 0-0 and at the beginning of the match they had a vote 64% wanted him out so it's no doubt higher now also their stadium was only a quarter full, could be the end for Pedro real soon.  Pretty boring match and the standard was quite low. Pedro on the touchline urging his team on but with no real tactical nous.  Seen it all before

Media and opposition are clearly just scared of his genius though

• 4 weeks later...

Rangers flop Carlos Pena has been savaged and labelled a ‘shameful disgrace’ after a disastrous display in the Mexico City Derby defeat.

And even former Gers boss Pedro Caixinha admitted Pena had a shocker after he was forced to sub him at half time as his side crashed to yet another loss.

Caixinha handed Pena his first start in two months after he recovered from an ankle injury in the Azteca Stadium showdown against hated rivals America.

But the on loan Ibrox midfielder, who just turned 28, was hooked at the break after a woeful first half as America went on to win 2-1, to leave Caixinha’s Cruz Azul just three points from the bottom of the Liga MX.

His performance was lashed by Cruz Azul and Mexican legend Carlos Hermosillo, who netted 169 goals for his club and 35 goals for his country.

He said: “Carlos Pena’s performance was a shameful disgrace.

“I find it utterly shameful Pena is actually in this team.

“But it’s more the fault of the coach who actually picks him.”

And Caixinha admitted after the game Pena – who is Mexico’s second highest paid player – wasn’t at his best.

He said: “He had been training well with us, but I agree it did not happen for him out there.

“I believe in him. For sure he will get an opportunity again.

“It was a tactical substitution because I wanted to be more physical.

“Look he’s just turned 28, he should be in his prime.

“He’s more mature now too and I firmly believe he will go on to be a great player for this club.”

29 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Rangers flop Carlos Pena has been savaged and labelled a ‘shameful disgrace’ after a disastrous display in the Mexico City Derby defeat.

And even former Gers boss Pedro Caixinha admitted Pena had a shocker after he was forced to sub him at half time as his side crashed to yet another loss.

Caixinha handed Pena his first start in two months after he recovered from an ankle injury in the Azteca Stadium showdown against hated rivals America.

But the on loan Ibrox midfielder, who just turned 28, was hooked at the break after a woeful first half as America went on to win 2-1, to leave Caixinha’s Cruz Azul just three points from the bottom of the Liga MX.

His performance was lashed by Cruz Azul and Mexican legend Carlos Hermosillo, who netted 169 goals for his club and 35 goals for his country.

And Caixinha admitted after the game Pena – who is Mexico’s second highest paid player – wasn’t at his best.

He said: “He had been training well with us, but I agree it did not happen for him out there.

“He’s more mature now too and I firmly believe he will go on to be a great player for this club.”

:megaanguish::megaanguish::megaanguish:

32 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

For fuck sake hope to fuck we don't get landed with Pena again. 

It's looking inevitable.

My bet would be seeing him back at the end of the year then having to pay him off to the tune of something like 7-800k.

32 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's looking inevitable.

My bet would be seeing him back at the end of the year then having to pay him off to the tune of something like 7-800k.

I agree mate. I was hoping he would be their player of the year and he never came back !! 

I don't think he will ever be back at Ibrox but i do find it strange that wee pedro is basically laying his job on the line by continually playing him. if someone who works for you was actually so bad that he may get you the sack, you simply wouldnt work with him again.

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

There were plenty on here, fighting his corner and saying he would come good with games. There was even one who was sure he would be heading for the World Cup. He's an alkie disgrace.

1 minute ago, don logan said:

There were plenty on here, fighting his corner and saying he would come good with games. There was even one who was sure he would be heading for the World Cup. He's an alkie disgrace.

I thought he would come good - then realised at the end he wouldn't. I never mentioned the world cup.

3 minutes ago, don logan said:

Nothing wrong in believing in your players, I'd rather do that than be one of the Boo boys constantly on their backs.....!

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I don't think he will ever be back at Ibrox but i do find it strange that wee pedro is basically laying his job on the line by continually playing him. if someone who works for you was actually so bad that he may get you the sack, you simply wouldnt work with him again.

Pedro is absolutely horrendous when it comes to judging players though

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Pedro is absolutely horrendous when it comes to judging players though

yes, but its more than that - he is putting his job on the line for a guy who cant get fit. Its like he has a blind spot with pena - and isnt learning his lesson.

21 minutes ago, don logan said:

Talking to a Mexican football fan on holiday and he Said he’s never associated Pena with a drink problem, in fact he Said several Mexican players have alcohol issues but Penas not one of them.

31 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Talking to a Mexican football fan on holiday and he Said he’s never associated Pena with a drink problem, in fact he Said several Mexican players have alcohol issues but Penas not one of them.

Okay, well I heard that he was put up in the Dakota Deluxe when with us and that every day the cleaners had beer cans to dispose of. Was a Rangers fan who works there that was the source of this.

44 minutes ago, don logan said:

Okay, well I heard that he was put up in the Dakota Deluxe when with us and that every day the cleaners had beer cans to dispose of. Was a Rangers fan who works there that was the source of this.

Don’t shoot the messenger mate, just passing on the random thoughts of a random Mexican I met up a mountain in Panama. 

Said from day one when I saw the fat mess that he was a disaster.

Folk on here deluded themselves every time we had a game pretending he would be a good player...he was fucking abysmal and fat.

Only we would spunk that kind of money on a greasy fat drug Lord 

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Said from day one when I saw the fat mess that he was a disaster.

Folk on here deluded themselves every time we had a game pretending he would be a good player...he was fucking abysmal and fat.

Only we would spunk that kind of money on a greasy fat drug Lord 

Was obvious by the fact we were in August and September after signing him in June that he wasn’t fit