Kilmarnock chairman..

say rangers have not made contact since they had there last offer declined then withdrew a further one..

but some contact was made by a third party but was never followed up.

he hopes to keep naismith now..

'No direct discussions have taken place with Rangers since their last offer was declined and then withdrawn. Some contact has been brokered by a third party but has not progressed to a further written offer or any form of consensus. Meantime, there are two other Scottish clubs which have made seven figure bids - one in writing - and one of which is higher than Rangers best offer. These have also been declined. Several clubs in England have expressed interest through agents and have made attractive verbal offers. If Steven was prepared to talk to clubs in England he would undoubtedly spark a competition for his services which would be mutually beneficial for him and the club. However, I'd like him to stay with Killie for at least another season. I honestly believe that would be in his best interests too.Meantime, it's business as usual as we prepare for the new season with our friendly at Dundee tomorrow.'

The rumour I heard was that a deal was agreed a couple of weeks ago, we met all Kilmarnock's conditions but they reneged on the deal. So we withdrew our offer.

Talk of mysterious other clubs allegedly bidding for Naismith does not impress me.

Does he honestly think that we believe Killie are in a position to turn down £1M+ from someone? Very poor, and the fact that he is saying TWO clubs in Scotland have outbid us is hilarious.

Killie have been spinning fairy stories over this transfer from the beginning.

I'm bored with it :zzzz: . I'm sure Naismith wants to come, but he is not the only forward in world football at the moment. Maybe we should leave for a while then see what kind of player he can develop into.

Jeffries is a shifty prick.....cant be trusted. Him and his wee bum boy biily broon. Pair of knob jockeys messin with someones dream move and career. Pair of pricks

Although I don't know the full facts I have been very unimpressed with Kilmarnock over this whole affair, running to the media at any opportunity, talk of a reasonable bid being made only for the asking price to go up and generally spinning the story in their favour in the hope another club with some £££ will come in.

I get the feeling Smith is getting tired over Killie's antics too and cooling his interest for now. While it'll be a shame to not get someone of Naismiths potential quality, Smith's too much of a professional to get drawn into Killie's silly games.

Come and get him Tims, you are welcome to him if he`ll go

SPL - Rangers end Naismith bid

Eurosport - Sun, 22 Jul 16:53:00 2007

Rangers have ended their bid for young Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith after failing to agree terms with the club.

The 20-year-old is valued at £2 million by Kilmarnock but Rangers are only willing to spend £1.5 million, including add-ons.

"We have withdrawn the offer," Walter Smith said. "I can't make it clearer than that.

"We can't come to agreement with Kilmarnock, so that's it finished."

Naismith has also been interesting Old Firm rivals Celtic along with several Premiership clubs, although the player hismelf has ruled out a move south of the border at this early stage in his career.

Killie boss Jim Jeffries had claimed that the clubs were about to strike a deal for Naismith after verbal discussions, but the assurances have not reulted in a renewed bid and Rangers have moved away from the table.

"It hasn't resulted in anything concrete," Killie chairman Michael Johnston told BBC Sport.

"Rangers have improved the terms under which payment would be made, but there is still a fair gulf between our valuations.

"Meantime, we have had a higher offer from another major club, but nobody has offered what we are looking for."

The other club is understood to be Celtic.

Reda Maher / Eurosport

Celtic are going after a Barcelona striker and he is costing only 2 mill forgot his name for now but he realises now that Henry has come it will be tough to break through how can Naisy cost as much as this guy??

Santi Ezquerro???

And he's just been freed by Barca. Made his name at Athletic Bilbao

Celtic are going after a Barcelona striker and he is costing only 2 mill forgot his name for now but he realises now that Henry has come it will be tough to break through how can Naisy cost as much as this guy??

Is that Santi Ezquerro you are talking about? Hes left barca now so hes available on a free. They can have him anyway, 31 yr old striker who has a pish record. His "best" years were at athletic bilbao where he scored 45 times in 222 games. Pathetic for a striker.

Kilmarnock chairman is a tosser. I think we will eventually get naismith and it will be good to see him score against killie in the future