• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alnwick

Hodson Bates Cardoso John

Halliday   Doherty     

O’Halloran   Kranjcar     Windass

Cummings 

Thats my team. Should be enough to get past Fraserburgh. Bit lightweight upfront but Hibs game is so important. 

Have a strong bench including Goss, Morelos, Martin, Murphy,  Candieas. 

18 minutes ago, bringonthbarca said:

Alnwick

Hodson Bates Cardoso John

Halliday   Doherty     

O’Halloran   Kranjcar     Windass

Cummings 

Thats my team. Should be enough to get past Fraserburgh. Bit lightweight upfront but Hibs game is so important. 

Have a strong bench including Goss, Morelos, Martin, Murphy,  Candieas. 

There's only ten players there mate. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Think Cummings will definitely start.

Hope so. A cup game’s a perfect “excuse” to put him in the starting eleven ahead of Morelos. You can tell how raring he is to get going so, whereas other players might get complacent in a game like this, I think he’d give 100% and score a few.

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Hope so. A cup game’s a perfect “excuse” to put him in the starting eleven ahead of Morelos. You can tell how raring he is to get going so, whereas other players might get complacent in a game like this, I think he’d give 100% and score a few.

Also Morelos looked like he was blowing out his arse a wee bit just before he went off yesterday so it's a good opportunity for Murty to rest him. 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Also Morelos looked like he was blowing out his arse a wee bit just before he went off yesterday so it's a good opportunity for Murty to rest him. 

Absolutely. Tempted to use the phrase “no-brainer” but I phased that out of my vocabulary over successive McCoist, Warburton and Caixinha reigns. 

The big question is how much rotation does murty do?

Alnwick is a cert.

Bates I believe will still play.

Martin at RB allows him to keep gaining game time whilst avoiding playing hodson. If he does play RB Cardoso at CB is a shoe in.

Ledt back will be John as we have no one else that makes sense to play.

Goss for fitness reasons should play alongside Docherty with rossiter to come on as a sub.

If candeias is dropped so you play MOH and give him a chance or look to the future with Atakayi? Murphy will continue on the left wing.

Cummings to start up top and I would love to see Morelos play alongside in a front 2. Windass to replace one of them later on.

alnwick

martin, bates, Cardoso, john

atakayi, docherty, goss, Murphy

cummings, morelos

No rotation, just send in the best team as possible - we are on a run and we need to get wins to get the confidence going. I can see this being a tough game, a tight pitch and a stubborn defensive plan. We need to get a goal as early as possible in the first half, and kill them off before half time with a salvo. I'm actually really buzzing for this, glad in a way it is being played in a midweek evening rather than a Sunday morning. 

My team would be :

Alnwick 

Tav Bates Martin Halliday

Candaies Docherty Goss Murphy

Morelos Cummings

Bit of an experiment putting Halliday at left-back and even though Holt's been playing well this is a good game to give Docherty a start to get him used to how we play and obviously Cummings to Morelos to try and get a partnership upfront goes without saying.

Archived