Welcome to Rangers Russell Martin

Lloyd

1 hour ago, Mclean RFC said:

Four loan signings does not excite me one bit. And the fact these players arent first picks at the likes of norwich and brighton , nottingham forest has alarm bells ringing. 

Hopefully wrong but these english lower league fringe players seem a lot like warburtons type. 

Grateful they are loans though , so for once no risks that lead to pay offs. 

This forum is far too optimistic, and the ammo for the fenians will be terrible. 

Its about understanding what works against the hammer throwers up here. We have brought in players who understand the British game, and a couple who understand the Scottish game and the physicalities of it. Its dark age stuff here and we need players who won't be bullied or pushed around, and the players we have brought in will be prepared for that. 

Its not a time for experiments or "projects", but to play according to the league we are in. Its going to get us winning games on a more consistent basis.

On a side note, you can't have been here long if you think we are too optimistic! There's a good balance.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest I was never impressed with him any time I watched a Scotland game but as someone pointed out earlier he is all blood and guts commitment.

He has good experience and that aggressive attitude he has on the park could do him well playing here. I wish him all the best and hope he can stake a claim beside Wilson.

4 hours ago, Mclean RFC said:

Four loan signings does not excite me one bit. And the fact these players arent first picks at the likes of norwich and brighton , nottingham forest has alarm bells ringing. 

Hopefully wrong but these english lower league fringe players seem a lot like warburtons type. 

Grateful they are loans though , so for once no risks that lead to pay offs. 

This forum is far too optimistic, and the ammo for the fenians will be terrible. 

Brighton are in the EPL, Norwich QPR and Forest are in the Championship. I'm certain both are a higher level than the SPFL. So which 'lower' leagues are you talking about?

One of the 'loans' is a loan with a guaranteed fixed transfer fee at the end of it and at least 2 of the others (including the club captain of his parent club) are a decent bet to be permanent if they perform well for us. 

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

Brighton are in the EPL, Norwich QPR and Forest are in the Championship. I'm certain both are a higher level than the SPFL. So which 'lower' leagues are you talking about?

One of the 'loans' is a loan with a guaranteed fixed transfer fee at the end of it and at least 2 of the others (including the club captain of his parent club) are a decent bet to be permanent if they perform well for us. 

If you dont understand the term mate "lower leagues" refers to the leagues below the nations top division. 

Yeah and brighton are not keen for him now they are up are they?

in regards to the championship in england. The league has talent but its strength is its diversity in teams at the same standard of football.  Not higher quality of players. 

scotland has had some real average players do well in the championship down there so maybe your estimation of its quality needs adjusted. 

But mark warburtons rejects dont inspire me, or an ageing norwich player who cant get a game. Or some young english german boy i never heard of. Or a brighton player who his manager did not have faith in for the premier league. 

Squad fillers yes but we will see how they do,  and il wish them well, but wont expect much other than filling the squad.

A lot of if's there and a fixed transfer fee means fuck all if the fee is not agreed, or say cummings scores 20 goals and they want 4 million. 

King aint paying that. 

and cummings is in his second year maybe of a four year deal , maybe five. 

22 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

If you dont understand the term mate "lower leagues" refers to the leagues below the nations top division. 

in regards to the championship in england. The league has talent but its strength is its diversity in teams at the same standard of football.  Not higher quality of players. 

scotland has had some real average players do well in the championship down there so maybe your estimation of its quality needs adjusted. 

But mark warburtons rejects dont inspire me, or an ageing norwich player who cant get a game. Or some young english german boy i never heard of. Or a brighton player who his manager did not have faith in for the premier league. 

Squad fillers yes but we will see how they do,  and il wish them well, but wont expect much other than filling the squad.

'Lower leagues' in England is generally regarded as League One and Two and down into the non league set up. Being English thats a standard definition. Alternatively it is used to mean leagues of a lower standard than those being referred to (you know like the SPFL:happy:). 

There was one if not 'lots' Martin and Cummings seem to be surplus to requirements at their clubs, both dropping out of the reckoning due to managerial changes. The 'if' is why its sensible to have such players on loan, especially in the January window. It gives both parties a chance to take a look. 

Brighton are now fishing in a much bigger pond than previously and, with levels of cash we can only dream of, its natural that some players drop out of the reckoning. Jamie Murphy (a regular in a promotion winning team) will be a Rangers player next season, blame Brighton (and/or our board) for the terms of the deal.

They have all played at a significantly higher level than the majority of our current squad so I expect at least 3 if not all 4 to be regular first choices while they are here. 

Sean Goss is English (just born in Germany) but you, clearly, have no clue about English football so I don't expect you to have heard of him, let alone have seen him play (I have more than once and not just in a Rangers shirt).

Its strange that so many players from the 'lower leagues' seem to be appearing regularly in the SPFL if you really want to start comparing. Name all these 'average ' players from Scotland who are 'doing well' in the championship?? Apart from Jonny Russell I'm struggling to come up with another one who is close to 'doing well'. 

As if anyone would expect a player who is a regular in the EPL to want to leave to join a Scottish club? Its not the 1980s anymore.:snapoutofit:

For where we find ourselves there is reason to be very satisfied with the business thats been done this month. 

'Lower leagues' in England is generally regarded as League One and Two and down into the non league set up. Being English thats a standard definition. Alternatively it is used to mean leagues of a lower standard than those being referred to (you know like the SPFL:happy:). 

There was one if not 'lots' Martin and Cummings seem to be surplus to requirements at their clubs, both dropping out of the reckoning due to managerial changes. The 'if' is why its sensible to have such players on loan, especially in the January window. It gives both parties a chance to take a look. 

Brighton are now fishing in a much bigger pond than previously and, with levels of cash we can only dream of, its natural that some players drop out of the reckoning. Jamie Murphy (a regular in a promotion winning team) will be a Rangers player next season, blame Brighton (and/or our board) for the terms of the deal.

They have all played at a significantly higher level than the majority of our current squad so I expect at least 3 if not all 4 to be regular first choices while they are here. 

Sean Goss is English (just born in Germany) but you, clearly, have no clue about English football so I don't expect you to have heard of him, let alone have seen him play (I have more than once and not just in a Rangers shirt).

Its strange that so many players from the 'lower leagues' seem to be appearing regularly in the SPFL if you really want to start comparing. Name all these 'average ' players from Scotland who are 'doing well' in the championship?? Apart from Jonny Russell I'm struggling to come up with another one who is close to 'doing well'. 

As if anyone would expect a player who is a regular in the EPL to want to leave to join a Scottish club? Its not the 1980s anymore.:snapoutofit:

For where we find ourselves there is reason to be very satisfied with the business thats been done this month. 

i know the english game well enough mate so would love to k ow how you came to your conclusion. 

And everyone knows the month of january is panic month. But i will stay on point. 

How many games has this german born english player played ? Has he had a consistent run of games ? Your in the know so please tell me. 

Also broadfoot was a regular and starter in our team that got to a uefa cup final, doesnt make him good does it ? 

In regards to murphy i havent seen much, or heard much, and believe it or not i follow brighton, i was even At the stadium a few years back just before it was built ?? right next to the university i believe .

and in regards to half decent or average scottish players who have done well down there. 

Chris martin, chris burke, mcculloch, charlie adam, , ross mccormack, tom cairney, scott arfield, shaun maloney, kenny miller, i can name quite a few scottish players who excelled at one point or another in the championship, yet arent considered top players for there country, maybe not so much kenny, hes had a good career. 

On 17/01/2018 at 14:57, Mclean RFC said:

Cheer up for fucksake. It's not 1999 anymore and these will undoubtably improve us.

On 17/01/2018 at 15:01, Mclean RFC said:

A lot of if's there and a fixed transfer fee means fuck all if the fee is not agreed, or say cummings scores 20 goals and they want 4 million. 

King aint paying that. 

and cummings is in his second year maybe of a four year deal , maybe five. 

So now you're admitting he could be good but still moaning. What were you expecting, a 5 million man or something?