Jump to content

The Blue Nose Impact


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah I thought that that’s why I’m saying he might look a better player under Murty but going on what I’ve seen so far and from his time at Aberdeen not impressed at all 

Not impressed “at all”? Surprises me. I could understand some criticism, but to say he’s not impressed at all is tad unfair. 

I think he’s been good this season, been crying out for a player like him in the middle. Temperament needs taming at times but he’s sharp in the tackle, rarely doesn’t find his man with a pass, covers the fullbacks well.

He’ll be a good player over the next few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Am I the only one that still thinks Jack is going to be a big player for us?

No. He has had a hard time of it - some of it self inflicted and some not.   Once he sorts out his temperament and gets a bit wiser, he will be a big asset.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Not impressed “at all”? Surprises me. I could understand some criticism, but to say he’s not impressed at all is tad unfair. 

I think he’s been good this season, been crying out for a player like him in the middle. Temperament needs taming at times but he’s sharp in the tackle, rarely doesn’t find his man with a pass, covers the fullbacks well.

He’ll be a good player over the next few years.

Nothing surprising about it he’s not impressed - I thought he looked good away to Sheffield Wed actually and before he went off injured against St Johnstone I think he was the best player until that point but talking overall he’s not impressed - not even Aberdeen’s best midfielder either imo 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K.A.I said:

Nothing surprising about it he’s not impressed - I thought he looked good away to Sheffield Wed actually and before he went off injured against St Johnstone I think he was the best player until that point but talking overall he’s not impressed - not even Aberdeen’s best midfielder either imo 

So he has impressed you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gsa said:

Hardly. Just pointing out that being a Rangers fan is irrelevant if you're not good enough. 

We have singed several Rangers fans. As yet, only Mccrorie has so far produced for us. 

The rest of them have to prove they have what it takes to be Rangers. And of course, Mccrorie has to keep on proving that. 

Yeah probably should’ve said not purely on ability. I think it’s important to have them in and around the squad though, some starting, some off the bench.

Even Advocaat foreign revolution has a few staunch buggers here and there. 

I’m not saying that alone will win us the league, but it will make some difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Davis, Lafferty, and Naismith were said to be Rangers men but they walked out on us as soon as we dropped down the division.  Ally McCoist, another Rangers man, took this club for millions.  David Weir was suppose to teach Warburton what Rangers were all about and organise the defence but he's completely incompetent as a coach.  I don't want Rangers fans, I want people that can do their jobs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Davis, Lafferty, and Naismith were said to be Rangers men but they walked out on us as soon as we dropped down the division.  Ally McCoist, another Rangers man, took this club for millions.  David Weir was suppose to teach Warburton what Rangers were all about and organise the defence but he's completely incompetent as a coach.  I don't want Rangers fans, I want people that can do their jobs. 

All of those people you mention won leagues/cups with us as players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, don logan said:

No, I agree. Surrounded by better players than the shite that was Pena will see him kick on.

Is this a fucking serious post, surround him with better players then he will kick on, fuck me what shite, if a guy who hasn't impressed me in any game I have seen him play for us, doesn't have the self motivation to have more influence on our team without surrounding him with better players should (a) not be in our starting eleven, or preferably (b) not at our club at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Dorrans
Murphy
Halliday
McCrorie
Jack

possibly Docherty

It’s probably too late for it to make an impact on the league this season, but I don’t think we can under estimate the impact this is going to have on the Club.

History shows it’s always been the perfect recipe for success at Rangers. 

The dressing room before the next Old Firm game is going to be just about right.??

 

Yes it’s nice to have Rangers supporting players in the squad but it really only works if they can play football, I would prefer a player fit for purpose than one who is  not as good but being a fan gave him the edge for the club to sign.

 

It make no difference from Chairman to cleaner yes it’s nice to have fellow bears but we should be looking for the best  people for the job.

utopia if it works hell if it fails as it will be a longer route back

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Dorrans
Murphy
Halliday
McCrorie
Jack

possibly Docherty

It’s probably too late for it to make an impact on the league this season, but I don’t think we can under estimate the impact this is going to have on the Club.

History shows it’s always been the perfect recipe for success at Rangers. 

The dressing room before the next Old Firm game is going to be just about right.??

 

You forgot to mention Russell Martin. This could be the most important signing of them all that finally strengthens our defence. Does Murty play him at right-back or does he get slotted into the middle with Wilson/ Alves/Bates/Cardoso?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Davis, Lafferty, and Naismith were said to be Rangers men but they walked out on us as soon as we dropped down the division.  Ally McCoist, another Rangers man, took this club for millions.  David Weir was suppose to teach Warburton what Rangers were all about and organise the defence but he's completely incompetent as a coach.  I don't want Rangers fans, I want people that can do their jobs. 

These people done their jobs as players. What happened afterwards is a completely different discussion and rightly they get the criticism they deserve for their "loyalty". But all these players bar maybe lafferty who was hot and cold were consistently our strongest performers in title winning seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Am I the only one that still thinks Jack is going to be a big player for us?

 

9 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

No.

 

9 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Me and you.  

 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Don’t think you are - most people seem to think he’s class for some reason. 

However he’s not played that much under Murty (don’t think anyway?) when Murty finishes putting his stamp on the team he may improve or excel with different midfielders around him perhaps but what I’ve seen so far he’s really average 

 

9 hours ago, Vision said:

#MeToo

 

8 hours ago, James Rolle said:

I’m with you

 

8 hours ago, Hoodster said:

No. He has had a hard time of it - some of it self inflicted and some not.   Once he sorts out his temperament and gets a bit wiser, he will be a big asset.  

 

8 hours ago, binsy08 said:

No, I agree with you.

 

8 hours ago, pcbear said:

I like Ryan Jack,  agreed. 

 

 

 

8 hours ago, don logan said:

No, I agree. Surrounded by better players than the shite that was Pena will see him kick on.

 

7 hours ago, LochendBilly said:

No

 

7 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Not at all. If he can keep the aggression, but control it to our advantage then he'll be a very good player for us. Still only 25 too, not reached his prime yet!

 

5 hours ago, GT66 said:

He's quietly great. Him and McCrorie playing together in CM was when we were playing our best imo.

Thought so. Just me then. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TT blueteen said:

Is this a fucking serious post, surround him with better players then he will kick on, fuck me what shite, if a guy who hasn't impressed me in any game I have seen him play for us, doesn't have the self motivation to have more influence on our team without surrounding him with better players should (a) not be in our starting eleven, or preferably (b) not at our club at all.

He was very good in both the Aberdeen games - our best player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...