The Blue Nose Impact

Leeds_Bear

8 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

To be honest, I didn’t expect anything else. We are World class moaners! 

Either way I think we can all agree it’s better to have staunch bastards in the dressing room, first thing Walter did on his second stint and what all great Rangers team have been built on. Whether they are in the first 11 or not. 

I can’t help thinking that Walter still has a hand in what’s going on. The fact that he met Cummings the other night when everyone else was travelling back from Florida indicates as much. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, gsa said:

Andy Halliday and Ryan Jack played in midfield in plenty of games where we were bullied. Dorrans in a fair few as well, not least his first Old Firm game.

I don't think they were bullied...Pena was a man short and Dorrans and Jack were over ran.

56 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I can’t help thinking that Walter still has a hand in what’s going on. The fact that he met Cummings the other night when everyone else was travelling back from Florida indicates as much. 

Never knew that. Good observation.

59 minutes ago, don logan said:

He was very good in both the Aberdeen games - our best player.

That's your opinion, and it just makes a mockery of your post, McCrorie a development player has come into the side and had a much bigger impact than Jack who remember is a seasoned campaigner, and you say Jack would Benefit from being surrounded with better players, Jack has been a massive no show for me until now in his Rangers career, his acts of petulance and ill discipline have not helped his cause, but although my opinion is not concrete yet, if he doesn't get into gear soon he may find his Rangers career to be shorter than our pursuit to sign him.

8 hours ago, TT blueteen said:

Is this a fucking serious post, surround him with better players then he will kick on, fuck me what shite, if a guy who hasn't impressed me in any game I have seen him play for us, doesn't have the self motivation to have more influence on our team without surrounding him with better players should (a) not be in our starting eleven, or preferably (b) not at our club at all.

How many games have you seen him in out of interest? How many games have you been at this season?

That aside it's ridiculous to not accept the notion that players can and do become better players themselves  with better players beside them.

17 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How many games have you seen him in out of interest? How many games have you been at this season?

That aside it's ridiculous to not accept the notion that players can and do become better players themselves  with better players beside them.

Live I have been to 8 games, don't know how many Jack has played in, seen the rest on tv.

I am not disputing players being surrounded by "better players" may improve but Jack has been poor so far.

If you had read my follow up post I have justified this opinion by saying young McCrorie has come into the side and made a bigger impression than Jack who is an established pro, McCrorie has done this without being surrounded by better players, so to say Jack will improve with better players around him smacks as a desperate attempt to cover up the fact he has made a mediocre start to his Rangers career.

btw football is about opinions and if we all shared the same opinion this forum would not exist.

11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I prefer my football players to be good at football rather than based on the team they support. 

In saying that I’m sure they will give their all, some’s “all” may not be good enough though 

I would field a team of 11 from outer space if they had equivocal ability to Messi, I don't have this overpowering need to have our team compromising "staunch individuals" representing us.

Would much rather have a team of talented players who ensured us silverware on a regular basis.

18 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

Live I have been to 8 games, don't know how many Jack has played in, seen the rest on tv.

I am not disputing players being surrounded by "better players" may improve but Jack has been poor so far.

If you had read my follow up post I have justified this opinion by saying young McCrorie has come into the side and made a bigger impression than Jack who is an established pro, McCrorie has done this without being surrounded by better players, so to say Jack will improve with better players around him smacks as a desperate attempt to cover up the fact he has made a mediocre start to his Rangers career.

btw football is about opinions and if we all shared the same opinion this forum would not exist.

Mccrorie has been at the club and settled in the environment. It's all new to Jack but I suppose we shouldn't allow for that at all. Or for the stop start nature of the campaign due to red cards including rescinded ones.

I understand how the forum works. Not sure why my or any response to your post (significant to a forum's continuation ) impacts to warrant you raising it as an issue.

15 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

I would field a team of 11 from outer space if they had equivocal ability to Messi, I don't have this overpowering need to have our team compromising "staunch individuals" representing us.

Would much rather have a team of talented players who ensured us silverware on a regular basis.

"Staunch individuals".

Who are you quoting? 

Would have thought the discussion about blue noses implies supporters rather than staunch.....

I too would much rather a team of talented individuals. But as I've said for players and coaching staff alike if they're the best we can recruit AND they're Rangers supporters then it's even more beneficial.

2 hours ago, TT blueteen said:

That's your opinion, and it just makes a mockery of your post, McCrorie a development player has come into the side and had a much bigger impact than Jack who remember is a seasoned campaigner, and you say Jack would Benefit from being surrounded with better players, Jack has been a massive no show for me until now in his Rangers career, his acts of petulance and ill discipline have not helped his cause, but although my opinion is not concrete yet, if he doesn't get into gear soon he may find his Rangers career to be shorter than our pursuit to sign him.

You're fucking feisty............................probably puberty.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

"Staunch individuals".

Who are you quoting? 

Would have thought the discussion about blue noses implies supporters rather than staunch.....

I too would much rather a team of talented individuals. But as I've said for players and coaching staff alike if they're the best we can recruit AND they're Rangers supporters then it's even more beneficial.

Why does the bulk of our fans have a preference for Rangers men to be in the team ? 

Classic example from a couple of years back was Andy Halliday signing, the vast majority of fans on social media and forums were practically creaming their pants in anticipation of him pulling the famous Rangers colours over his head.This was purely based on him being a bluenose.

I had seen Halliday play for Bradford and thought at the time wtf are we doing signing him.Then it occurred to me someone remembered him scoring at the Bridge, got excited when they linked his allegiance to us and signed him, a fucking blind man could see he was gash, but still the hordes gushed over him solely because he attended the right establishment for his education.

43 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

Why does the bulk of our fans have a preference for Rangers men to be in the team ? 

Classic example from a couple of years back was Andy Halliday signing, the vast majority of fans on social media and forums were practically creaming their pants in anticipation of him pulling the famous Rangers colours over his head.This was purely based on him being a bluenose.

I had seen Halliday play for Bradford and thought at the time wtf are we doing signing him.Then it occurred to me someone remembered him scoring at the Bridge, got excited when they linked his allegiance to us and signed him, a fucking blind man could see he was gash, but still the hordes gushed over him solely because he attended the right establishment for his education.

Not so sure at all about the "majority" wanting Rangers men in the team, certainly not as the main priority. Imo the majority want the best players but see it as a bonus if theyre bears. If its either / or then quality would be the preference.  I think even this thread is fairly reflective of that. Who still gushes over Halliday? 

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not so sure at all about the "majority" wanting Rangers men in the team, certainly not as the main priority. Imo the majority want the best players but see it as a bonus if theyre bears. If its either / or then quality would be the preference.  I think even this thread is fairly reflective of that. Who still gushes over Halliday? 

Gushed is past tense unless I'm mistaken.

13 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

Gushed is past tense unless I'm mistaken.

Of course it's past tense. Only a stupid prick would think otherwise. And I don't think you're stupid.

However you talk in a current tense about fans preferences -

"Why does the bulk of our fans have a preference for Rangers men to be in the team?"

Interesting you know the views of the significant majority of fans. Perhaps you could enlighten me with that poll.

You then discuss Halliday years ago and gushing. If we were that desperate now for "staunch" (who WERE you quoting?) fans in the team, Halliday in the team, etc would the clamour and gushing not still be there? Or has it been replaced with a desire first and foremost for quality?

20 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Dorrans
Murphy
Halliday
McCrorie
Jack

possibly Docherty

It’s probably too late for it to make an impact on the league this season, but I don’t think we can under estimate the impact this is going to have on the Club.

History shows it’s always been the perfect recipe for success at Rangers. 

The dressing room before the next Old Firm game is going to be just about right.??

I like having Bears in the team but I think you're overstating it's importance.  

5 hours ago, TT blueteen said:

My original post states I had seen Halliday in his Bradford days he was 100% gash then.But our fans in their hordes disregarded his gashness and gushed over him because he attended the correct school, I can remember being at a match and asking a few around me why they cheered his every wayward pass, to be told, "he's wan of us he canni dea nay rang" if that's the mentality of " Rangers men" I give up because we have "Rangers men" in the boardroom who look like they share those fans values.

Having a team full of Rangers fans - that are good enough to pull on the famous blue jersey in the first place - can only be a good thing , surely.

You can guarantee they will give 100% in every game and ( hopefully ) let the non fans know what it's all about to play for our magnificent club.

1 hour ago, TT blueteen said:

My original post states I had seen Halliday in his Bradford days he was 100% gash then.But our fans in their hordes disregarded his gashness and gushed over him because he attended the correct school, I can remember being at a match and asking a few around me why they cheered his every wayward pass, to be told, "he's wan of us he canni dea nay rang" if that's the mentality of " Rangers men" I give up because we have "Rangers men" in the boardroom who look like they share those fans values.

You quoted and replied to your own post ???

13 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

Was a necessity due to your inability to understand the context I used the word gushed in. ???

???

You fucked it.

A non stupid prick would have quoted the person they were replying to as a minimum. 

Reply infers responding to someone else's post....... if I'm not mistaken ??