Murty Presser

BallochBear

22 minutes ago, BallochBear said:

Just watched the above.  He speaks really well, looks to glow with pride, didn't fudge any answers and dismissed the questions about them, good job Murts, well impressed

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/Rangers-tv/video-graeme-murty-presser-14/

I hate when managers fudge answers. 

45 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

They know that they cant fuck him over. He has them sussed.

It's early days yet for his jousts with the Press.    IMO their punches are still being pulled since he is the new boy and they are cutting him some slack right now with plenty other news to keep them busy, like the spate of loan signings and a burgeoning squad.   Lets see how he copes if the pressure comes on and results don't go to plan or there are some really bad results and the Press start to wire in a bit more robustly as they usually do.    The time to measure more fully his performances with the Press will be at the end of the season when we - and the Press - see if he can produce a Rangers side that finishes the season in a spot qualifying for Europe and with a good cup run under the belt.   If neither happen then not only will the Press be a bit more pressing we'll see then what Murty has by way of resilience and composure and ability to deal with difficult situations.  

Warburton and Pedro both spoke well at first. How and what they say in these things is irrelevant in the grand scheme. The only thing that matters are the results on the pitch and how many trophies he can win.  This guy is basically a temp. He needs to stop another celtic treble to keep his job, for me. Ideally a double. 

2 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Warburton and Pedro both spoke well at first. How and what they say in these things is irrelevant in the grand scheme. The only thing that matters are the results on the pitch and how many trophies he can win.  This guy is basically a temp. He needs to stop another celtic treble to keep his job, for me. Ideally a double. 

He'll keep the job as long as he runs the taigs close in the league 

Murty is a class act! Intelligent, articulate, charming, humorous, discrete, respectful and proud. He is the type of character  that we need at this club and has been badly missing.

The only question that remains in my mind, is he the one to bring back the success to this great club?

I have no doubt that the team under him and JN will make progress, improve our standard and achieve some consistency that we’ve not had before. I’m confident that will get us 2nd this season and, crucially,  close the gap (not suggesting the road will be flat and straight, but there will be less bumps than before) and if he does that he will get the job on a more permanent  basis, and deservedly so.

But in the mid- longer term, meaning next season, or the season after (at the latest), he’ll need to win the title, that’s the level of success that is going to be required. Whether it’s Murty or someone else they’re going to have to do it with a much smaller budget than the current heirs to the throne. It’s a tough task for anyone, but I can’t think of anyone else who could come in and guarantee that. 

I hope our fans can get behind him, and not keep talking about him as a temp, or that we don’t have a manager. Look at the guy in that pressie, he’s so proud to be given the chance and he deserves the support and loyalty of the fans for the next few months at the very least, bumps or no bumps. 

Hearing the comments about Jason Cummings is really positive.  Cummings wants to play football, he wants to perform on a big stage, he's perfect for us.  It's a shame we didn't buy him a few years ago but just glad he's here now.  I'm certain he'll bang in a lot of goals and provide plenty of entertainment.

7 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

It's early days yet for his jousts with the Press.    IMO their punches are still being pulled since he is the new boy and they are cutting him some slack right now with plenty other news to keep them busy, like the spate of loan signings and a burgeoning squad.   Lets see how he copes if the pressure comes on and results don't go to plan or there are some really bad results and the Press start to wire in a bit more robustly as they usually do.    The time to measure more fully his performances with the Press will be at the end of the season when we - and the Press - see if he can produce a Rangers side that finishes the season in a spot qualifying for Europe and with a good cup run under the belt.   If neither happen then not only will the Press be a bit more pressing we'll see then what Murty has by way of resilience and composure and ability to deal with difficult situations.  

That's what I originally doubted about him thinking he was too nice and soft but I'm starting to think he's got it and might have more steel than we imagine. I think it's more passion that makes him look emotional rather than being soft. If anything I think he's determined as fuck and seems to have a good idea of what he wants on the pitch. It's just that he's decent and not arrogant like a lot of managers at big clubs that we maybe mistake it for a lack of bite. I think the harder image type of managers often rub players up the wrong way now anyway as clubs don't have the same power over players careers. I think he'll learn to cope with the press as he's very articulate and smart when answering questions. It will be results and the fans that decide when he goes as always. If he was to win 55 from being a youth coach he will be a massive legend and I will love the cunt like you do a wife and maybe more to be honest. Just hearing his name will make me feel happy.

Go and stake your claim for top table status in the history of Rangers Murty son. You have hundreds of thousands willing you on.

Wee message to him just in case the staff at the club who monitor these sites ever show the staff messages of support.

It's in his hands.

If you had asked me prior to his appointment I'd of been against it. Thus far his record has been inconsistent, some good results and performances and some pretty crap ones. 

Having said that he's been in interim mode with other managers players until now, it's only now he's getting a chance to put his own stamp upon the squad. 

He's basically now in a five month job interview for the position longer term. If he gains a measure of consistency of decent performance and results and he closes the gap on the taigs and we have a good showing in the cup, at least to the final. Then the job is and should be his for next season.

I like the way he conducts himself, I have some reservations about his experience tactically but again that's something he can work to improve.